Options

Intel R HD Graphics 4000 not compatible with Windows 10

marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,870
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I had the icon come up today saying I can reserve my free Windows 10 upgrade. But under check PC it comes up saying that Intel R HD Graphics 4000 may not be compatible with windows 10 and I may experience display issues.

Is there gonna be a fix for this or is there already one? I don't wanna upgrade and my laptop be buggered.

Anyone techy know about this stuff? Cheers me dears :-)

Comments

• Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just means the current driver may not be compatible. These 'advisors' are notoriously pessimistic. There will be a working driver within Windows 10, no doubt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant thanks so much.
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before taking the upgrade get an external drive and clone the current drive so if it does go mamaries skyward you just have to restore it back to how it was.

Probably MS hasn't yet got around to giving those drivers the official testing to a point where they'll sign the keys to their house away if something goes wrong
  • Options
    LoobsterLoobster Posts: 11,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, going to image my main machine and laptop with Ghost, then will do the upgrade. Can always roll back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do I do that guys? I'm not computer savvy. I know how to save things to a usb stick and I have my discs I made when I got my laptop to recover it but I don't know how to do more than that.

Do you think Windows 10 will be worth it?
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marieukxx wrote: »
    How do I do that guys? I'm not computer savvy. I know how to save things to a usb stick and I have my discs I made when I got my laptop to recover it but I don't know how to do more than that.

Do you think Windows 10 will be worth it?

Windows 7 can create a system image using its own backup tool, or there are 3rd party tools like Ghost.

Windows 10 had better be worth it. Microsoft has bet the bank on it! Giving it away smells like desperation.
  • Options
    red_g00nerred_g00ner Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have Windows 10 installed on the original Surface Pro, which uses Intel HD 4000 GFX.

No problems here, works really well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone with this issue upgrade yet?
  • Options
    oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    Windows 7 can create a system image using its own backup tool, or there are 3rd party tools like Ghost.

Windows 10 had better be worth it. Microsoft has bet the bank on it! Giving it away smells like desperation.

Are you referring to Norton Ghost. If so that is no longer available and that last version could not handle UEFI based PCs.

Two excellent free packages are Macrium Reflect Free and Easeus TODO backup (free version), These are very reliable - MRF is faster.

For those who wish to use the Windows image backup, go Settings - Updates and Security - Backup, and click on Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    This is confusing, as nothing to do with Windows 7 really (just a reference to where the tool first appeared).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? Lol. Sorry I am not computer savvy. I am on about upgrading to windows 10
  • Options
    1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Win10 works fine using my HD4000
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    My computer had the HD4000 graphics, no issues with Windows 10
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    marieukxx wrote: »
    What? Lol. Sorry I am not computer savvy. I am on about upgrading to windows 10

As you aren't - don't upgrade at the moment. Wait a few months for any bugs and driver issues to be resolved