Hermes and Yodel deliveries

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
These are so frustrating for the second time in three weeks sat in all day for a delivery today and it's 10 minutes to 6 and still no sign.

Ok I do know they delivery 8-8 however it's very annoying as both couriers only seem to deliver after 4pm in my area and you know you will be sitting in all day.

I hard a card through the door after yesterday's attempt and there was a courier telephone number on it, however it was a telephone number of a courier on holiday in Wales >:(

I made a complaint to the contact number of hermes and the voice took my complaint and said they would forward my complaint to the field manager in my area which presumably means nothing will happen.

I think I should start getting my deliveries with the collect from a shop type basis

Comments

• CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happened to me several months ago with Yodel. Waited in all day but the driver didn't show up. Checked online and it said they tried to deliver. Liars!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hermes have been absolutely fine when delivering my parcels in the past. Yodel were an absolute horror the first and last time, so far, when they delivered my parcel ages ago. They must have 'failed' about three times to deliver my parcel. Claimed on their website that they'd tried to deliver it and failed, but that was utter nonsense!
  • spotty_catspotty_cat Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both of them are dreadful! Avoid at all costs!>:(
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spotty_cat wrote: »

Hermes have been fine with me.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hermes are great, it's always the same bloke and he knows to leave the package in the porch. If we've locked it he'll take the package to my mum and dad's up the road.
  • ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Yodel knocks on the door, sing them a little tune:

I went across to Switzerland
    Where all the yodellers be
    To try to learn to yodel
    With my yodel-oh-ee-dee
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Hermes have been fine with me.
    And me.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never had a problem with either.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howardl wrote: »
    And me.
    Same here - Hermes are a good little company IMO

Really competitive pricing too so I use them a lot.
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a mare with Yodel in the past, and since then, the absolute best couriers that I have found are DPD.

You track your parcel online, then they send an email and text to give you an hour time slot that they'll deliver in. I nipped home from work yesterday at the start of my 10:44 - 11:44 slot, the guy arrived at 10:50 and apologised for being late!

If you ever get a choice of courier I'd recommend choosing them :)
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It really does depend on your area , I have had no issues with either for a very long time
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    I've had a mare with Yodel in the past, and since then, the absolute best couriers that I have found are DPD.

You track your parcel online, then they send an email and text to give you an hour time slot that they'll deliver in. I nipped home from work yesterday at the start of my 10:44 - 11:44 slot, the guy arrived at 10:50 and apologised for being late!

If you ever get a choice of courier I'd recommend choosing them :)

My regular DPD driver has gotten so used to me opening the door just as he arrives, he asked me if I had a camera. :)

I told him yes, but I should have said I tracked him on the GPS and heard the backing up alarm.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped using Hermes when I sold something and shipped it up to Scotland, the buyer contacted me with damaged photos of a solid container case that looked like it had either been crushed or dropped from a height and a component was loose in the item too. This was the second thing they damaged in a short time, I chalked the first time to sometimes stuff like this happens in courier firms, the second time was only a week later and I said never again.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read it as Herpes :D:blush:

Use a company that use Yodel to deliver, they are fine round my area, never had any problems with them, and had quite a few things delivered by em now.
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hermes and Yodel are worlds apart.

We have a really friendly guy who delivers for Hermes. Always smiles and makes jokes about the weather etc. When it's busy around Xmas, he doesn't quit until his deliveries for that day are finished (we've had deliveries at 8pm, which I think is past their usual cut-off). He goes beyond the typical service of a delivery guy.

Yodel on the other hand.... There's a huge thread of complaints on here. Nuff said.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never have a problem with either. I've got to know the drivers of each, and they're quite happy to leave things in the greenhouse if I'm out. I also use Hermes for sending parcels, and they always come to uplift around 6pm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hermes and Yodel are worlds apart.

We have a really friendly guy who delivers for Hermes. Always smiles and makes jokes about the weather etc. When it's busy around Xmas, he doesn't quit until his deliveries for that day are finished (we've had deliveries at 8pm, which I think is past their usual cut-off). He goes beyond the typical service of a delivery guy.

Yodel on the other hand.... There's a huge thread of complaints on here. Nuff said.

This has been my experience exactly. Hermes courier lives local and, as you say at Christmas, works 10/12 hour days to get his deliveries out. Unfortunately I sometimes find that I have ordered and paid for items before they let me know what courier service will be delivering so then am stuck with a company like Yodel :(
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you do that? You have no control over which delivery organisation firms use to send things to you.
  • TerryHTerryH Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a nightmare with Yodel with missing parcels and late deliveries but we got a new driver about a year ago and he couldn't be more helpful.

He even delivers my parcels to work (in same town) if I am not at home, after having deliveries at both he knows my home and work addresses now.

I think both Yodel and Hermes depend on the local driver, they seem to be able to do what they like. Some want to do the job properly and some don't care.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryH wrote: »
    I had a nightmare with Yodel with missing parcels and late deliveries but we got a new driver about a year ago and he couldn't be more helpful.

He even delivers my parcels to work (in same town) if I am not at home, after having deliveries at both he knows my home and work addresses now.

I think both Yodel and Hermes depend on the local driver, they seem to be able to do what they like. Some want to do the job properly and some don't care.

Aren't the Hermes ones self-employed? We have a great guy doing ours, you can text him and he will let you know roughly when he will be there. No complaints. Yodel damaged one of my deliveries so I am wary about them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh damn

I've fallen victim to Hermes Non Delivery Company.

Ordered an item on Tuesday before 8pm for next day Delivery, waited in all day today (Wednesday) nothing.

Checked the tracking info, was 'Handed to courier' at 6am yet at 8pm it said. 'Delivered to letterbox at 19:30'.

Looked outside nothing. No 'We tried to deliver your parcel' or 'Your parcel is at ....' Notes in the letter box, no parcel in my bin or over the back garden gate.

Checked CCTV of front of house, No one came or went between 7pm and 8pm, so they have basically lied or at worst delivered to another address. But I have proof they haven't delivered here.
    I am hoping they have only said they have delivered it because it was meant to be a 'Next day' delivery and for some reason they couldn't deliver today, and this way they can say they did deliver by next day, even if they do eventually deliver the item later.

It was my first order with the company and I have told them it will be my last, and they should blame Hermes for my lost custom.
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not like you get a choice who delivers it when you order something online
    especially amazon logistics they make you wait all day and there is tracking but it doesn't give a exact window and chances are it comes at 8:30pm.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    No probs with both.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not like you get a choice who delivers it when you order something online
    especially amazon logistics they make you wait all day and there is tracking but it doesn't give a exact window and chances are it comes at 8:30pm.

Yes when you first use a company it can be difficult to know who they use to deliver, but you can search online to see if other people know what delivery service a company uses.

As soon as I saw this company used Hermes my heart sank.

So I won't be using this company ever again.

I really hate when this sort of thing happens, it makes me feel ill.
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and I was waiting all day for a package and heard something through the door and it was the sorry we missed you card but I shouted wait and opened the door but he was already two houses down and yelled back he had left it under my cardboard recycling box and I thought "you can't wait 1 minute?"
    but my sister says its the same when she gets packages delivered from them (amazon logistics) as soon as she opens the door they hand it to her then rush back out.