Options

Scott and Bailey returning !!!! Woo Hoo !!!

conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
Forum Member
✭✭
http://bit.ly/1IPaSKr

Best news I have heard today. Fantastic to see the girls return for new series.

Comments

• Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conchie wrote: »

That's good :) It's one of my favourite programmes.
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Good :-)
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Excellent news. :)
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »

Thanks for that. Good news.
  • Options
    ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Better link :)

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-commissions-new-episodes-scott-bailey

So hyped for this - actually let out a little squeal when I saw the announcement. :blush: I loved the way they did the last series, and I argued at the time that the mini-series format would be the best way to propel these characters forward.

As Janet said in the opening of last year - "I may be 50 this year, but I'm not winding down. I'm gearing up". At least we the viewer now get to hold her to this. I'm hoping we get to see a more mature and badass Rachel as well.

They start filming next month. For those not in the know Lisa Farrand, who is mentioned in the press release, was previously the police advisor on the sublime drama series Happy Valley.
    With DCI Gill Murray in retirement, ever-ambitious Rachel (Suranne Jones) returns from her Vice secondment fired up and full of new ideas and initiatives. She’s gained valuable experience and really wants to make her mark as she returns to Syndicate 9’s Murder Squad.

Exhilarated to step up to the plate, Rachel is exactly who Janet (Lesley Sharp) and the Squad need to move forward with a terrifying and sinister Internet crime investigation of epic scale and unrelenting horror. Using her Vice authorisation, Rachel accesses a disturbing world where people brag about committing murder and lay down the gauntlet for the next victim. A game of ruthless life or death daring develops, as Scott & Bailey investigate multiple killers with horrifying and everlasting consequences. They will be changed forever and the investigation will take a devastating toll on their private, professional and personal lives.

The drama will be executive produced by Nicola Shindler (Happy Valley, Last Tango in Halifax, Banana, Cucumber) founder of the Red Production Company and produced by Michaela Eccleston, Red’s Head of Production.

It sounds like the scale of this will be even larger than the series' most gripping story arcs like the 'House of Horrors' storyline from S3 and the slave farm from S4.

With any luck we'll be seeing this in early 2016 :)
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Will we see Gill again?
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to that. I just hope neither of 'em will be made to do "anything daft and out of character," just to create a story-line. I'm not keen on it, when that sort of thing happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will we see Gill again?

All the sources seem to mention her, and none explicitly state that Amelia Bullmore will not appear.

I'm sure they could fashion in a role for her somewhere, as a friend and unofficial mentor. The Obi-Wan Kenobi to Rachel's Luke SkyWalker: "Use the force, Rachel". :D
    I just hope neither of 'em will be made to do "anything daft and out of character," just to create a story-line. I'm not keen on it, when that sort of thing happens.

Given that the series is only one story this time around, I'm optimistic.
  • Options
    GrolsGrols Posts: 299,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news indeed :D:cool::D:cool::D
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really happy about this, love the show and was devastated when it seemed the last series would be the end! Would be great to see a Gill return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Gill doesnt appear, or has a reduced role, they have to give Pippa Haywood a lead role - Julie Dodson certainly stole the show at times in the last two series.

(Especially when outing Gill as an ageing, predatory, bisexual swinger :D)
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to this :)
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shevk wrote: »
    If Gill doesnt appear, or has a reduced role, they have to give Pippa Haywood a lead role - Julie Dodson certainly stole the show at times in the last two series.

(Especially when outing Gill as an ageing, predatory, bisexual swinger :D)

I could not agree more.
    Also, I'd like Scary Mary to come back as well.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was happy to hear about this. Series 4 finished ages ago and it seemed the show was dead but with no confirmation.

Nice to see they are changing the format a bit. Three episodes is better than none.

One of the few british crime dramas I have ever liked.