Options

Could you date a fat person?

Comments

• Options
    bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not continually eating but I do like to graze and though I am capable of waiting, if I'm out with anyone and we decide to look for somewhere to eat I do like to find somewhere reasonably quickly. Out one time with my son and his then wife in America and we were going for lunch, when they still hadn't decided on somewhere after over half an hour I was getting fed up. Also don't like waiting too long for food in restaurants or people talking too much while eating so it's ages before dessert - Though I've mostly given them up. I'm not overweight though.

McDonalds has no waiting time.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I'm single at the moment, but personality is a big thing for me, obviously good looks are too.

If I met a woman who was fat, and I hit if off with her, then I'd look past the fact that she was to be honest.

Unfortunately there are a lot of shallow men about.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm single at the moment, but personality is a big thing for me, obviously good looks are too.

If I met a woman who was fat, and I hit if off with her, then I'd look past the fact that she was to be honest.

Unfortunately there are a lot of shallow men about.

Saying that 'I'd look past the fact she was', also makes you sound shallow TBH.
  • Options
    bozzimacoobozzimacoo Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SpaceCake wrote: »
    Could you date a fat person?

No, well built hefty okay.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    If I find them attractive why not
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    I couldn't no matter how nice a person they were, but there are varying degree's of being fat.

I honestly don't know how some people can get so overweight, many times more women than men.

They eat too much and/or don't move enough
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dated a curvy woman. I didn't really fancy her, but that's nothing to do with her weight.

I loved her personality. But really, I was very confused. And I wanted out of my mothers house....
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course. In fact I do. Well a guy who is over weight. Wouldn't use the term fat.

My boyfriend weighs nearly 21 stone.

He's handsome, amazing and everything I want.

Health wise, obviously is a worry.

He's also partially sighted, which makes me wonder that he probably can't really see what I look like. Otherwise he'd probably never have asked me out :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saying that 'I'd look past the fact she was', also makes you sound shallow TBH.

How? If I had a connection with her, her weight wouldn't bother me.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How? If I had a connection with her, her weight wouldn't bother me.

By saying you'd look past her weight if her personality was nice enough, is saying that being overweight is a negative thing from a physical POV. Her weight shouldn't even be a factor in the first place if you weren't shallow.

You said...

"If I met a woman who was fat, and I hit if off with her, then I'd look past the fact that she was to be honest."

Why would it even be a factor in the first place?
  • Options
    luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By saying you'd look past her weight if her personality was nice enough, is saying that being overweight is a negative thing from a physical POV. Her weight shouldn't even be a factor in the first place if you weren't shallow.

You said...

"If I met a woman who was fat, and I hit if off with her, then I'd look past the fact that she was to be honest."

So he has a preference for non-fat women in general, but when it comes to specific women, personality is more important for him.

What on earth are you finding wrong with that? Most people have a general 'type' that they find attractive, whether it's long hair, blue eyes, big boobs or whatever.

ETA: I'm an overweight woman, by the way. His attitude isn't offensive to me at all.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.
    1 - fat, or at least obese people are physically repulsive
    2 - they're generally lazy.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be honest and say I would struggle with it. Obviously, you can never say never and who knows what the future may hold and (again, being honest) beggars can't be choosers and I'm no oil painting.

However, a large part of the appeal of being in a relationship for me is doing fun things together like going to amusement parks, holidays, walks in the country or along the beach etc Having a partner who can't fit in a plane seat or theme park rides or someone who is huffing and puffing behind me during a mild stroll would be a challenge.
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    depends i like a bit of meat on a woman biut

size 16s my upper limit
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitty86 wrote: »
    Been fat since a child, been in relationships since I was 15. Never had a problem attracting male attention and it's not been with "fat" men either.

Quite. I have two overweight friends, one of whom has been happily dating since she was 15 like you, and has just got engaged. The other girl has a massive complex about it and has often backed out of early relationships because she refuses to believe they fancy her. As a result she has never had a boyfriend.
  • Options
    Alfred ChickenAlfred Chicken Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.
    1 - fat, or at least obese people are physically repulsive
    2 - they're generally lazy.

Come on, stop messing about and answer the question.

Do you find fat people attractive or not? :cool:
  • Options
    MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, never. Nor too skinny either. They have to be just right ;-)
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't - how often do you see couples where one is fat and one is slim? The other eventually becomes fat and i've only recently stopped being fat and don't want to slip back into it!
  • Options
    Forum Member

You said...

You're just reading my post how you want to, I never said being overweight is a negative thing, certainly didn't mean to if it came across that way.
    luckylila wrote: »
    So he has a preference for non-fat women in general, but when it comes to specific women, personality is more important for him.

What on earth are you finding wrong with that? Most people have a general 'type' that they find attractive, whether it's long hair, blue eyes, big boobs or whatever.

ETA: I'm an overweight woman, by the way. His attitude isn't offensive to me at all.

Thankyou, I certainly didn't mean it to come across as negative, not quite sure how Pumping_Iron came to that conclusion.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm fat and so is my husband, so to answer your question, yes.:)

I wouldn't actively seek a partner who had severely reduced mobility because of their weight though. As someone else said, being able to go out and do things together is important for many couples, and when your size gets in the way, it just isn't as much fun.

We are both in the process of losing weight to improve our health. We want to have many more years of doing active stuff together. We can save Sundays for slobbing out. :D
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone else said...
    Me! Me! Me, Miss! It was me!
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    Me! Me! Me, Miss! It was me!

:D Very well said then, wampa. :)
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's something nice about having sex with a man with a bit of a tummy :o:blush:

In my youth I had a torrid love affair with a man who was on the weighty size and he was incredibly sexy. But that was the man and not his size. I imagine he would have been incredibly sexy had he been slim too.

So no. It doesn't put me off.

Though now I'm married, unless Mr Starpuss develops a fat stomach, it's not an experience I'll have again :D
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has to be one of the worst threads I've seen, and as such... this is the end of my contribution.
  • Options
    PatchbunclePatchbuncle Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M
    pork.pie wrote: »
    This has to be one of the worst threads I've seen, and as such... this is the end of my contribution.

Why? The majority of people just stating their opinions without being offensive. ' Fat' is maybe not the best word.

Personally, I am in the no camp, I don't find fat people attractive sexually. There are plenty of people out there that do though, they won't miss me. Apart from the sexual side, I would worry heathwise, I had a friend who was severely overweight die of a heartattack in his mid-twenties, it was horribly sad.

I am referring to people being very overweight/obese, a bit overweight I've no problem with.