Emma Thompson: Nonsense and Insensibility

ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
Forum Member
✭✭✭
'Following former celebrity Charlotte Church’s musical protest against Shell last week, Greenpeace have wheeled out Emma Thompson to fight climate change… with a poem.

Choice lines include “do you think we should just burn, baby, burn” and “do you just think we should boil, baby boil“. She also appears to compare energy sector workers to Nazis. Safe to say it went on much longer than the presenter was expecting…'

http://order-order.com/2015/09/02/nonsense-and-insensibility-emma-thompsons-poetry-protest/

Comments

• Cornish_PiskieCornish_Piskie Posts: 7,489
    Forum Member
    And your point is...?
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's on a commission to just post links to right-wing scandal rags. We've Breitbart and now Guido in just the last 20 minutes or so.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She hasn't heard of Godwins Law then?

Those lines sound cringey on their own. I'd have to hear the whole thing but I can't be arsed to click the link atm.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    She hasn't heard of Godwins Law then?

Those lines sound cringey on their own. I'd have to hear the whole thing but I can't be arsed to click the link atm.

Godwins Law has outlived it's use for me at this point. Obviously it's just stupid to compare anything you don't like to the Nazis but people use it as this shutting off device to mark the Nazis out as like this unique evil that can have no parallels and as someone who studies history, I don't think that's a comparison that should be off the table as long as you can provide reasons/evidence for making it.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a look. Godwin's law?! One line about just following orders.....seemed to be about greed and not looking at the long term rather than invoking the flaming Nazis. Still, guess you hear what you want to hear.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She was quite good in Tutti Fruiti
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    I emailed emma once asking for advice on prostitution she never emailed back
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Celebritiy is out of touch with reality and says something ridiculous...news at 11.
  • ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I think he's on a commission to just post links to right-wing scandal rags. We've Breitbart and now Guido in just the last 20 minutes or so.

Actually I came across them on FB, I have never heard of Breitbart prior to today and Guido's stuff is good for a laugh, but too short usually. Nice try to try and discredit me as a right wing loon (although since when did being right wing become a pejorative term?.). Play the ball, not the man.
  • ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And your point is...?

Oh, I don't know, cant abide the woman. Any excuse to highlight her drivel.
  • Fuzzy WarblesFuzzy Warbles Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what the census is among scientists?
    Do they think climate change is manmade or cyclical?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    She was quite good in Tutti Fruiti

Suzie Kettles....:D
    Why is this not in showbiz??
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, stop trying to deny people a voice.

Some people really do have huge issues with someone expressing their opinion about a topic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Jol44 wrote: »
    Oh, stop trying to deny people a voice.

Some people really do have huge issues with someone expressing their opinion about a topic.

I'm not sure how finding someone comparing energy sector workers to Nazis distateful and having a little rant about it is denying someone a voice. Get a grip.