Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    So do you have a view on the hypocrisy of forming a closed group on FB for "uncensored" discussion?[/QUOT

i cant give an opinion as i dont actualy know the reason for it but i could make an educated guess, which is that they want it kept seperate from there other facebook freinds, but what i do know is that nobody has been refused entry as yet
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Longleat was great Nyannie (and others :D)

Very warm and sunny; about 4:30 though big black clouds arrived, the temp went down about 10 degrees and we got soaked and froze :D Luckily most of the day was fine and we saw all the animals and managed all of the rides :)

Enjoyed the monkeys as always; I always make sure I fill up my windscreen washer before I go, to squirt them if they start dismantling my car :D
  • Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    The only thing that's against t&c regulation are the posts which the mods had to remove and the posters they had to ban. I'm saying the opposite of what you imply: DS posting is relatively free of bitching . . . . which is a good thing, not a bad thing . . . and should surely be encouraged.

Here, we have to observe an important rule: namely to focus on the post (content), not the poster (personal). It makes for better discussion imo. Outside DS, that 'constraint' is lifted of course.

All you have to do is look at Bertha last tweet
    is this the way to advertise a new face book page

with a loys sexpest dig (bitch)

has she been invited to join, some of the JJJat and facebook members
    love her tweets ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Longleat was great Nyannie (and others :D)

Very warm and sunny; about 4:30 though big black clouds arrived, the temp went down about 10 degrees and we got soaked and froze :D Luckily most of the day was fine and we saw all the animals and managed all of the rides :)

Enjoyed the monkeys as always; I always make sure I fill up my windscreen washer before I go, to squirt them if they start dismantling my car :D

love this idea

sod off monkeys :D
    or i will squirt you in the eye :p

so pleased you had a good time
    and the car is intact
    what did laura like best :D
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    All you have to do is look at Bertha last tweet
    is this the way to advertise a new face book page

with a loys sexpest dig (bitch)

has she been invited to join, some of the JJJat and facebook members
    love her tweets ;)

Now then georgy
    You have got me completely confused :confused:

I don't use Twitter
    So who is this Bertha
    Everyone keeps talking about?? :p

And is the BIB
    A reflection of your darker side??? :o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Now then georgy

I don't use Twitter
    So who is this Bertha

And is the BIB

Bertha is a tweeter called JJJ_Committed. The minute Josie tweeted the other week about counting your losses, she assumed Josie and Luke had split and was gloating.

She tweets John as if she thinks he's coming back here to reunite with Josie, and is obviously just plain bonkers. She tweets about the JJJ reconciliation as if she's not been following John and Josie's progress over the last year. Completely mad!

She's also going on about the loys Fb page in a pretty nasty way - being nasty about loys being nasty :D It's believed she was in loys herself as she came about just after the cull.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bertha is a tweeter called JJJ_Committed. The minute Josie tweeted the other week about counting your losses, she assumed Josie and Luke had split and was gloating.

She tweets John as if she thinks he's coming back here to reunite with Josie, and is obviously just plain bonkers. She tweets about the JJJ reconciliation as if she's not been following John and Josie's progress over the last year. Completely mad!

She's also going on about the loys Fb page in a pretty nasty way - being nasty about loys being nasty :D It's believed she was in loys herself as she came about just after the cull.

Ah, excellent report, thanks Ali :)

I won't worry about missing her info, then :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, excellent report, thanks Ali :)

I won't worry about missing her info, then :D

It is, of course, only my interpretation upon reading her tweets; my opinion and mine alone (well not apparently but ... lol)

I've never understood the supporting Josie by wanting her current relationship - that she's chosen - to fail, but there you go :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now then georgy

I don't use Twitter
    So who is this Bertha

And is the BIB

hello Lindy not such a nice tweeter :(
    unlike me :D

and i just had a look for myself
    she has been invited to join the facebook page
    and advertised it, with a bitch about the loys
    so if they want that type of person

i think i will give it a miss :o
    not that i was asked or invited anyway :D

so want do you think
    liverpool sat
    what are our chances :D
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    hope you are having a good time and
    to survive the in laws
    get your hands on a good french wine ;):D
    nyannie wrote: »
    Georgy, I love your positivity - is that a word?

Wish I were more like you. I do count my blessings though.

A friend of mine who's a granny 5 times over said to me that it is important you live your life to the full as you only get one chance at it. She has had a very difficult life. Her children are scattered all over the place and have their own lives but she is there if they need her. My friend constantly amazes me (she is about 15 years older than I am). She travels, is busy painting and selling them, she runs a drama group for the over 60s, goes to Art exhibitions and is teaching herself Spanish. She also visits her children and they visit her and has time to help her friends and travel. Truly remarkable woman. I've never heard her complain either. A real role model for me. I really don't know where she gets her energy as she is over 70 herself.

I find I'm exhausted at the end of the day I don't do half the activities she does.

Afternoon all......

I love the idea of positivity....and think im going to have to give myself a huge kick when I get home....and get myself out of my negative rut....

but ...I also know I need to take some positive steps to ensure, I dont end up like this...

i think my parents in law, got seduced by the idea of idyllic living in rural france.....and thought they could renovate the house easily and cheaply....

but they couldnt and havent...and are just mouldering away almost waiting to die.......and moaning incessantly...
    and they arent at all old yet....:eek:
  • Options
    KhyraKhyra Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could it be possible it is some-one on a wind up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Khyra wrote: »

It could be I suppose... who would that be aimed at... the loys she's being nasty about or John and Josie who she's being ridiculous about? :D She seems to enjoy her arguments on twitter with everybody lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Selective blindness then. You're honest at least!

And I also know you're intelligent enough to know what empire building is, in the context of fanbases (zleb, or otherwise).

I'm afraid Ali's point about hypocrisy goes far deep than the name . . . once again, as you well know.

Fortunately, the JJAT is solely concerned with John's interests, and isn't conflicted by his historical attachment to Josie. Enjoy your new 'friendly' group, it's a shame you couldn't make JJJAT work for you. :(

im impressed, and pretty stunned, at how much people still are so interested in John James and Josie.:confused: there is a really magical and powerful effect that JJJ has...I bet someone is wishing they new how to capture it....and use it in a positive and productive way....

to start a new facebook page up almost 2 years after the event, is unprecedented. has this new page got any more information? Or any new or different information?:confused:

If it has could all these lovely new posters bring any new information about John across to us on here?
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i agree with you, and to be honest i think its quite obvious it is and i have to be honest and admitt i find her hilarious,people feel free to shoot me down for it and before anybody ask the question no i do not think bullying or nastiness to people is exceptable in any shape or form, but i think this account is to be taken as a bit of a comedy sketch in my opinion and that is the form i choose to see it in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It could be I suppose... who would that be aimed at... the loys she's being nasty about or John and Josie who she's being ridiculous about? :D She seems to enjoy her arguments on twitter with everybody lol

thank you for updating us on twitter goings on....

the whole merry go round...has almost spun out of control...I love imaginative stories and creating mysteries ......

but its based on such a tangle of confusion.....

I spose its fine if you forget that there is such a thing as truth...and are happy to live in a make believe world

im sure there are wind ups....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think so too. But it's revealing to see which eggs are seen as funny and which produce "outrage". ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hello Lindy not such a nice tweeter :(
    unlike me :D

and i just had a look for myself
    she has been invited to join the facebook page
    and advertised it, with a bitch about the loys
    so if they want that type of person

i think i will give it a miss :o
    not that i was asked or invited anyway :D

so want do you think
    liverpool sat
    what are our chances :D

Hi georgy
    I'm nervous already about Sat :rolleyes:
    It will be emotional
    That's for sure ;)

Got to be positive
    It's the only way :D

Off out now
    Back later x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    Afternoon all......

I love the idea of positivity....and think im going to have to give myself a huge kick when I get home....and get myself out of my negative rut....

but ...I also know I need to take some positive steps to ensure, I dont end up like this...

i think my parents in law, got seduced by the idea of idyllic living in rural france.....and thought they could renovate the house easily and cheaply....

but they couldnt and havent...and are just mouldering away almost waiting to die.......and moaning incessantly...
    and they arent at all old yet....:eek:

Augusta
    Sue all the Tv channels, especially the ones that did the move to france, relocation programme :o
    Their the ones to blame
    go on
    get them
    for your pain and suffering of the in laws
    shouldn't give people
    silly idea's (bloody french farmhouse)

When do you get back :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    im impressed, and pretty stunned, at how much people still are so interested in John James and Josie.:confused: there is a really magical and powerful effect that JJJ has...I bet someone is wishing they new how to capture it....and use it in a positive and productive way....

to start a new facebook page up almost 2 years after the event, is unprecedented. has this new page got any more information? Or any new or different information?:confused:

If it has could all these lovely new posters bring any new information about John across to us on here?

Hi
    The Facebook page is just a laugh! I do not have any empire building dreams at all, in fact I wasnt here when it was set up!
    It does not have any new information and will never profess to have any information.It is there for anybody who wants to watch old videos, look at pictures etc. ie Its for anybody who once shared the JJJ experience and enjoyed it!
    There are some people there who are reuniters ( not me!), some who like Josie more, some who prefer John more and some who just want to have fun. At the moment there are 80 people who have joined! These are people who have said they have lurked here on DS or posted in the early days and just want a friendly place to enjoy chats. I really do fail to see what the problem is, I have not seen an egg invited at all, Perhaps I have the selective blindness that Alex talks about. I do know there was a request from Diddi to tell Twitter about both John and Josie bad eggs yesterday, and a discussion on how to do this followed! NOTE JOHN and JOsie bad eggs!

Everyone is welcome as Alex well knows! If he would like to enter into discussion as well as lurk there is no problem! All that has been said is there is none of the vile language used on twitter by some and no disrespecting of other posters.
    Why didn't we stick to JJJat? Personally for me, sometimes I get bored and yes upset by the needless digs by some John supporters about the thread. Their constant need to suggest that we are historically bound to Josie is their opinion but is it an accurate one? I would love to know what exactly would please people. What do they want the JJJat to do? I think the answer to that is close! But people like chatting on there, they like the friendships, they can still see good in both J and JJ but still see some negatives? I think things go wrong on the JJJat when people read the rubbish that is written about them elsewhere and instead of doing a John and rising above it, we do (after all we are human) get upset and react, so in that way although the FB page is open to all, I think it would be nice if the people who dislike us on principle and like nothing better than creating false premises about us, think twice about their motives for joining!

Saying that if you do want another place with welcoming people, friendly faces and discussion on a wide range of things not just John and Josie then pop in,all are accepted!:D
  • Options
    KhyraKhyra Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I guess it would be aimed at all of us. :D

Tbh I open an account about a month back but have no clue how this Twitter thing works I can’t even get a picture to upload. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think so too. But it's revealing to see which eggs are seen as funny and which produce "outrage". ;):D

does that come under selective egg appreciation :D

but i agree can reveal so much ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi georgy
    I'm nervous already about Sat :rolleyes:
    It will be emotional
    That's for sure ;)

Got to be positive
    It's the only way :D

Off out now
    Back later x

Nervous , excited , butterflies in tummy
    but positive,
    after all
    we've still got the ONE goal keeper standing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it would be aimed at all of us. :D

Tbh I open an account about a month back but have no clue how this Twitter thing works I can’t even get a picture to upload. :rolleyes:

It depends upon the size of the original picture you're uploading really, whether Twitter will accept it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Alex... it's you, the JJJ traitor :D hahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gussiecat wrote: »
    Hi
    The Facebook page is just a laugh! I do not have any empire building dreams at all, in fact I wasnt here when it was set up!
    It does not have any new information and will never profess to have any information.It is there for anybody who wants to watch old videos, look at pictures etc. ie Its for anybody who once shared the JJJ experience and enjoyed it!
    There are some people there who are reuniters ( not me!), some who like Josie more, some who prefer John more and some who just want to have fun. At the moment there are 80 people who have joined! These are people who have said they have lurked here on DS or posted in the early days and just want a friendly place to enjoy chats. I really do fail to see what the problem is, I have not seen an egg invited at all, Perhaps I have the selective blindness that Alex talks about. I do know there was a request from Diddi to tell Twitter about both John and Josie bad eggs yesterday, and a discussion on how to do this followed! NOTE JOHN and JOsie bad eggs!

Everyone is welcome as Alex well knows! If he would like to enter into discussion as well as lurk there is no problem! All that has been said is there is none of the vile language used on twitter by some and no disrespecting of other posters.
    Why didn't we stick to JJJat? Personally for me, sometimes I get bored and yes upset by the needless digs by some John supporters about the thread. Their constant need to suggest that we are historically bound to Josie is their opinion but is it an accurate one? I would love to know what exactly would please people. What do they want the JJJat to do? I think the answer to that is close! But people like chatting on there, they like the friendships, they can still see good in both J and JJ but still see some negatives? I think things go wrong on the JJJat when people read the rubbish that is written about them elsewhere and instead of doing a John and rising above it, we do (after all we are human) get upset and react, so in that way although the FB page is open to all, I think it would be nice if the people who dislike us on principle and like nothing better than creating false premises about us, think twice about their motives for joining!

Saying that if you do want another place with welcoming people, friendly faces and discussion on a wide range of things not just John and Josie then pop in,all are accepted!:D

ok whats the address.....:D

I dont dislike anyone on principle......and like the idea of continuing with friendships.....

but as before...I m concerned that my preference for John and lack of interest and respect for Josie, wouldnt necessarily make a new JJJat the best place for me to go.

but never say never.......:D:p:D
This discussion has been closed.