kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,177
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Announced last night. The 15th seaason (2016) will be the lasr

Comments

• Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not unexpected, but Im still a bit sad. I grew up with the show since season 2 :-(

I think that singing shows (at least in America) are near the end of their lifespan in general. Even The Voice ratings aren't that great any more, and it's clear that the people who vote for these shows now never buy the albums.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised, but it is sad after it being on so long.
    I did feel this year I was only watching it because I'd stuck with it for so long already. I'll now watch next year since it's the last one.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not watched AI for about 4-5 years. The format for these shows is stale & the public need a break from them.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not unexpected, but Im still a bit sad. I grew up with the show since season 2 :-(

I think that singing shows (at least in America) are near the end of their lifespan in general. Even The Voice ratings aren't that great any more, and it's clear that the people who vote for these shows now never buy the albums.

I wonder why if you are voting surely you are a fan of that artist.

I still buy albums of artists i am a fan of from the 70s who are still around but then again i am a real music fan,not a Dominoes Pizza sitting on the sofa, fingers on the remote one.:)
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the same since the Interscope lot left but the show leaves behind some great memories and has provided the BEST performances and the BEST performers of any show of it's genre.
  • ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news everyone - it will be back for the final season on 4Music (is it HD, not sure but don't think so, but who cares?!)!!! Now let's just hope they don't drop it mid season like 5*.