2»

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mine updated to 20.01 yesterday.

20.01? Or 20.0.1?

Mines not updating to 20.01 via the 'About Firefox' menu.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    20.01? Or 20.0.1?

Mines not updating to 20.01 via the 'About Firefox' menu.

• Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    Firefox 20.0.1 here too, the only very small niggle I've noticed since Firefox 20 is that my bookmarks toolbar will vanish but come back after restarting Firefox .... this has only happened 3 times randomly since FF20 came out.
  • Options
    TrueCardTrueCard Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firefox 20.0.1 doesn't render my BT Home Hub 3.0 router home screen properly. Plus there's a few bugs creeping in and features I don't want.
  • Options
    marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    Firefox 20.0.1 here too, the only very small niggle I've noticed since Firefox 20 is that my bookmarks toolbar will vanish but come back after restarting Firefox .... this has only happened 3 times randomly since FF20 came out.

Similar problem here too. The bookmark toolbar has disappeared...and I can't get it back. If I add some new ones, they too disappear when I re-open Firefox. Help. I feel lost without all my bookmarks.
  • Options
    LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    marling wrote: »
    Similar problem here too. The bookmark toolbar has disappeared...and I can't get it back. If I add some new ones, they too disappear when I re-open Firefox. Help. I feel lost without all my bookmarks.

The first time it happened to me I clicked view, toolbars and enabled the add-on bar which brought it back then disabled the add-on bar and it stayed ok. Since then a restart of Firefox brings it back.
  • Options
    radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like all toolbars, the FF toolbar is not needed
    I found it usless & takes up space on the screen.
    Much easier to use bookmarks in the menue
    I have seperate folders for the likes of email,news,forums & weather
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like all toolbars, the FF toolbar is not needed

These things are subjective but I find, depending on context, clicking on a button is quicker and easier than typing or clicking on a menu item.
    I found it useless & takes up space on the screen.
    Much easier to use bookmarks in the menue

Apart from the standard toolbar, I have another toolbar from an extension that I use occasionally. I invoke this from a button on the standard toolbar. When I no longer require it I hide it again.

However, a single toolbar does not take up space worth worrying about on my home PC monitor.

In a recent work environment when I had a small screen then it was relevant. But I would then often just browse in full screen mode. Not many seem to bother with this for some reason.
  • Options
    marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    The first time it happened to me I clicked view, toolbars and enabled the add-on bar which brought it back then disabled the add-on bar and it stayed ok. Since then a restart of Firefox brings it back.

Unfortunately this did not help, thanks anyway. I will start a separate thread seeking help on this as I am tearing my hair out at present!!