Dexters best villain and lover?

jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
Forum Member
✭✭
I have just finished all seasonsof Dexter. Just wow I actually feel like im going to have withdrawal symptoms. No spoilers for anyone but my god James Bond eat your heart out when it comes to villains and lovers. For me Issac the best baddie and Hannah for the love chemistry.

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isaac the best baddie ?

Were you asleep during Season 4 ? :)
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isaac the best baddie ?

Were you asleep during Season 4 ? :)

No I loved Trinity also. But for on screen charisma and general badness I loved watching Issac. His scenes with Dexter were fantastic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit, Isaac wins over Trinity for me, and I think season 4 is one of the best pieces of television ever.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Isaac and Trinity are my 2 favourite Dexter baddies, and I loved Isaac but Trinity has to take the best villain prize for me.
  • gemini666gemini666 Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isaac was certainly better looking! I loved Trinity, and I wanted Dexter to stay with Lumen, absolutely loved her.
    Disliked Lila intensely, and hope Hannah ends up on his slab very soon. Rita was a whining bore, so although her exit was the shock of the whole series, I was glad she went.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gemini666 wrote: »
    Isaac was certainly better looking! I loved Trinity, and I wanted Dexter to stay with Lumen, absolutely loved her.
    Disliked Lila intensely, and hope Hannah ends up on his slab very soon. Rita was a whining bore, so although her exit was the shock of the whole series, I was glad she went.

Luman definately a nicer person than Hannah and yes I hope she ends up on the table. Just thought they sizzled together more than anyone else.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to go with Trinity, too. Absolutely chilling performance, although I thought this season was the beginning of Dexter's tendency towards keeping killers away from justice so he could have them to himself (and to hell with any innocents that died in the process).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Luman definately a nicer person than Hannah and yes I hope she ends up on the table. Just thought they sizzled together more than anyone else.

I thought they had the least chemistry of any of his lovers (even the hated Lila) I genuinely couldn't buy that they were in love so that whole storyline made the last season a let down

Issac and Dexter on screen together was fantastic - its a shame they bumped him off when they did
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    I thought they had the least chemistry of any of his lovers (even the hated Lila) I genuinely couldn't buy that they were in love so that whole storyline made the last season a let down

Issac and Dexter on screen together was fantastic - its a shame they bumped him off when they did
    He seemed more sexually attracted to her more than the others.
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't seen Season seven yet, but up to season six no enemy can close to Trinty.

Personally, I think Rita was Dexters best partner/lover.

She grounded the show and brought a warmth and humanity to a series that can become VERY OTT and almost cartoonish.

I liked that one minute Dexter would be butchering someone, then the next he would have to be home with Rita and the kids.

A lot of people found her (and the relationship) annoying, but for me, Rita and Dexters domestic set up/problems made the show more real.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen Season seven yet, but up to season six no enemy can close to Trinty.

She grounded the show and brought a warmth and humanity to a series that can become VERY OTT and almost cartoonish.

I liked that one minute Dexter would be butchering someone, then the next he would have to be home with Rita and the kids.

A lot of people found her (and the relationship) annoying, but for me, Rita and Dexters domestic set up/problems made the show more real.
    You make a very good point about Rita I loved Dexter with Rita she made him more likable\forgivable. Watch season 7 though it is brill.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member

I agree, I found Lumen & Hannah to be be typical drama fodder with no personality. They were simply bland. I found it fascinating how the relationship between Rita and Dexter grew and the contrast between Dexter the family man and his "activities"

It felt like Hannah and Lumen were wheeled on and wheeled off without any substance to their relationships with Dexter.

As for Trinity, I did not think they could better the Ice Truck Killer, but they did......

For me the show took a turn for the worst post season 4 (even though season 3 was poor)...

What was an exciting, engaging story with superb direction, production, writing etc etc kind of turned into what I would call your standard US thriller/drama (still entertaining etc, but not the show it was in the earlier seasons) although I appreciate this is subjective.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    You make a very good point about Rita I loved Dexter with Rita she made him more likable\forgivable. Watch season 7 though it is brill.

I agree i know she could be a bit annoying but to me that relationship grounded the series making it not so farcical at times, i also liked Lumen the closest it came after Rita going.

Best villain for me was Isaac would have loved to have seen more of him tho
  • EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say Doakes (if he can be called a villian since he was an antagonist of Dexter) followed by Trinity.
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watch season 7 though it is brill.

I think it starts on FX next month? Can't wait.:D
    dunravin wrote: »
    I agree, I found Lumen & Hannah to be be typical drama fodder with no personality. They were simply bland. I found it fascinating how the relationship between Rita and Dexter grew and the contrast between Dexter the family man and his "activities"

It felt like Hannah and Lumen were wheeled on and wheeled off without any substance to their relationships with Dexter.

As for Trinity, I did not think they could better the Ice Truck Killer, but they did......

For me the show took a turn for the worst post season 4 (even though season 3 was poor)...

What was an exciting, engaging story with superb direction, production, writing etc etc kind of turned into what I would call your standard US thriller/drama (still entertaining etc, but not the show it was in the earlier seasons) although I appreciate this is subjective.

Well, I think its widely acknowlaged that Season's 5 and 6 haven't matched Season 4 (no idea bout Season 7)

It may very well be that Season 4 will turn out to be Dexters Peak. The same way that The Empire Strikes Back is widely ackowlaged to be the peak of Star Wars. We won't know until the whole thing is finished next year and we can see all 8 seasons as a complete work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it starts on FX next month? Can't wait.:D

Starts on Fox / FX on Sunday 24th February @ 9PM
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Trinity
    Luman
  • ChzzaChzza Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody comes close to trinity, just brilliant. I haven't seen season 7 yet so I would have to say luman.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Trinity
    Luman
    Agreed. Rita was good to begin with, but she has two problems. The first is that she grew to be just annoying towards the end. She stopped being a strong female character and became a nagging wife who got in the way. It's a shame. The second reason is that she never understood Dexter. The man she loved was a fiction. I wouldn't call Lumen a lover, exactly, but each season has been about Dexter finding a friend, and she was the only one who knew him for what he was, accepted it, and yet wasn't and out-and-out psycho. (I'm also a fan of Julia Stiles).
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trinity is still the best villain, I think. I really liked Isaac and thought Ray Stevenson did a great job but I didn't really see him as a villain towards the end, more of an anti-hero. He got more and more likeable as the season went on. Also, his story ended a bit too abruptly. Trinity's felt more complete and he went out with a bigger bang, which tips the scales in his favour.

Rita is still my favourite love interest. I liked her and Dexter's relationship in the first couple of seasons especially, I found it sweet. Sure, she did get a bit too naggy as time went on but at least their relationship felt properly developed, over time. Dexter's sudden love for Lumen and then Hannah were too rushed for me and Lila was just irritating.