[Game] The Twist Factor: The Semifinal

Comments

• unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Little Mix and thanks for saving Matt!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for saving Aiden also!
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tasha Pyne

Well done Soppyfan, the last girl standing is still in the race as well!

Which leaves us with Beverly Savarin and Girl V Boy...

One of you got the fewest votes tonight, and will therefore be leaving the competition in 6th place. That unfortunate act is:
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Aiden, I was very impressed with him tonight.

And yay, thank you for giving Tasha a second chance. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :(Girl V Boy :(

Their rough ride finally comes to an end. They've been though a lot in this competition, including two sing-offs and even being eliminated for one show before being reinstated. Commiserations to Soppyfan for losing them, but congratulations to Kevin and Beverly for surviving!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a feeling that Girl V Boy were going home, but maybe it was for the best. :(

But well done to Beverly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All right everyone, we have our top 5 now. However, the show's not over yet, as one more will be shown the door tonight!

Please give it up for the remaining acts:

Kevin with Aiden Grimshaw, Matt Defreitas and Beverly Savarin
    Steve with Little Mix and Tasha Pyne

Onward to part two, in which the remaining contestants must prove their worth with a free choice song in a final bid to make the final. First up, it's Tasha Pyne again singing Salvation by Gabrielle Alpin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWttGChn5ZE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tasha Pyne: *standing ovation* Tasha, this was probably your best performance in the entire competition, I think the song was great, it got the right kind of mix for your voice and you really connected with the emotion of the song and although it was again probably a bit of a safe choice, fair play to your mentor, that was a good song! I think you've just put yourself back in the running.
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Tasha Payne

Okay Tasha that was very weird but you just pulled it out of the mother freaking bag!! Literally that really well suited to you and out of all your performances this one was by far your best one and I give props to your mentor on this one as its one of the few times I have been extremely impressed by you! I reckon this might've just saved you tonight after your first performance. Bravo Tasha!

overall what i think of that performance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now, we're getting to hear the songs I chose.

*Standing Ovation*

Tasha, that was stunning, girl...just so beautiful and it was so magical to watch and hear. I've had this song in my head for a long while but I never used it until tonight. The song, the performance...the stage presence. It was like a story being told by you and each note you sang was on point. Your first song was good, but this was literally miles better and it was one of your best performances of the Series. I now hope that you will get to the final based on tonight, because you totally deserve it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much better comments for Tasha than the ones she got earlier, well done! However, will she make the final based on this performance or was it still not good enough?

Back to Team Kevin for a bit now. Please give it up for the flawless Matt Defreitas singing Two Devils by Dog Is Dead!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFlJmF0QQrc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Defreitas: *standing ovation* That was amazing Matt, your voice is amazing, it has such a distinctive feel and I thought that this captured the vocal quirks that we fell in love with perfectly, it has that almost blues-rocky mellowed down Black Keys feel to it and I loved how you handled the song. Your stage presence is unbeatable and you really captivated the audience, it was a brilliant vocal and I'm really pleased with that Matt, congratulations, brilliant performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Matt, Matt, Matt...I really enjoyed your first song but where did this come from?! Literally, I am absolutely speechless...and somewhat lost for words. That song was so well suited for you, it couldn't have been more perfect for your voice to match that song. Once again, you have proven that you're one of the strongest singers left and I expect you to make the final. Fantastic job on what's been a strong night for you, Matt.
    Forum Member
    Matt Defritias

Matt that again was a really good performance and I like how your mentor really thought about this and went from the whole acoustic thing in the first song to the full musical backing of this song choices and again it was really well suited to you in terms of the quirky and slightly bluesy vocals. I prefered your first performance more but I won't be suprised if you're anything but safe tonight.

overall what I think about that performance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great comments for Matt once again, but beware of the fact that great comments don't always guarantee avoiding elimination. Vote for Matt if you want him in the final!

With Team Kev being the dominant team once again, it's hard to avoid doubling up on his acts. Anyway, I think you all just want to listen to Aiden Grimshaw singing Baby Blue by King Krule instead of hearing me talk about the running order. :p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJQXH_cmcY
    Forum Member
    Aiden Grimshaw

Aiden this is my least favourite performance by you in the whole competition. I mean you're one I have supported heavily but this performance just felt really off and was extremely awkward vocally for you and did after a while really bore me and I think its actually your worst performance to date which is disapointing after your amazing first performance so I am a bit worried after that so it could be interesting but something tells me you'll still be safe.

overall what I think about this performance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that it was a very interesting song choice from your mentor. At first, I wasn't sure what to make of it and that it sounded quite odd. But I can see how your voice can be mixed within the song itself, even though I didn't find myself totally convinced. Overall, I definitely much preferred your first performance to this one, but will it be enough for you to make the Final? I'm not sure, but maybe you might have done enough to get there, we'll wait and see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden Grimshaw: *standing ovation* Aiden, this was amazing, you are an amazing artist. It says a lot that you can say more in a performance with a three minute acoustic performance than many artists could do with a full concert set. It was superb Aiden, it was kind of quirkily retro in a way but at the same time, it had a contemporary appeal also. You're just one of the best artists ever to have been on the show and this song choice showed it, it was an amazing performance, your vocals were lovely, you did a great job and I will be expecting to see you alongside Matt and Beverley in the final, make it happen oh lovely voters ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overall, some disappointing comments for Aiden after the ones he got earlier tonight. Basically the reverse of what Tasha did, so there's no telling how this is going to influence the results.

It's time for the penultimate performance of tonight's show. After that slow song you just heard, Soppyfan had the right idea by giving Little Mix the upbeat Light Me Up by Parade!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkeKJBu-ODE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that's more like it girls! I did love your first song, but for me, this was definitely miles better and it was in a style that I haven't heard you tackle yet. The song said that you gotta light me up and you girls certainly were getting me and the audience lighted up and dancing along with you. The fun, dancing, the upbeat...this is where you are right at home and everyone that loves you needs to pick up the phone and vote, because you deserve to make the final.
    Forum Member
    Little Mix

Now Parade are a predictable act for you and I prefered the first performance compared to this one. This one was very well suited to you interms of the style of music and the way it sounds but the problem is the predicatbility of Parade. I think overall it was good to go for one of their more unknown songs and to a certain level it did work quite well but like I said just a bit too predictable for my liking.

overall what I think about that performance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix: Right, there is no denying that you girls would perform this well but the problem lies with the artist, girlband singing girlband is pretty predictable but considering that Parade have been used for pretty much every girlband on earth by now in these games, I was underwhelmed. It wasn't the obvious song, fair enough but for me, Tasha did a better performance than you girls this time around and I think if you had went for a slightly less predictable girlband, it may have felt less like been there, done that, have 500 copies of the t-shirt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A mixed bag comments for Little Mix (no pun intended), which begs the question whether they have done enough to make it through to the top four.

It's time for the final performance of tonight's semifinal. Please give it up for Beverly Savarin singing Sky Is Falling by Natale Duncan!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuEB2xMX0-M
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beverley Savarin: *standing ovation* Aah Beverley, that was amazing, your first performance was sexy, sultry and gorgeous, this was totally about you showing your vulnerability as a performer and you certainly achieved that, I thought it was an amazing performance. What I love about you is that you totally blow us away with your performances every week, this song was gorgeous and I could have listened to you absolutely belting through it so tenderly many times again. It was amazing, those big notes were UNREAL. You need to be in the final!
    Forum Member
    Beverly

Now this is more like it! The first performance I was a bit 50/50 over it but this was a lot better. It felt more like you and really suited what Kev has been doing with you as an artist. I really liked this one as it has a lot more soul in it that first one and it also has a slight hint of quirky high vocals you have and this was just generally a good performance and I am quite impressed by that Beverly so bravo to you on that performance.

overall my view on this performance