Jason and the Kid Remark.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just plain nasty in my opinion.

Gary's daughter is a delightful little girl and so what if Gary was wanting to win for her.

Jason just goes so over the top with his cattiness at times.
The fecal matter and his downer on certain contestants this year has made me not just not want to see him on my screen again.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of order really.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I missed the comment :o but yes, out of order.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just plain nasty in my opinion.

Gary's daughter is a delightful little girl and so what if Gary was wanting to win for her.

Jason just goes so over the top with his cattiness at times.
    The fecal matter and his downer on certain contestants this year has made me not just not want to see him on my screen again.

I agree. Disgraceful comment. He's far too biased to be a fair judge. I thought India was a real cutie.

And I'm a Hayley fan!
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought there was an element of truth to what Jason said BUT he's there to judge Gary's performance only, so he should have refrained from making those comments about the VT
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed about it. :o

So'd my mum and sister. :D

It was the truth though although it probobaly got him more votes. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He spoke the truth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I missed the comment :o but yes, out of order.

He said to Gary "You have milked the kid" something like that, obviously not caring that Gary's partner and child were in the audience.

It was completely uncalled for and not related to Gary's performance, which is what Jason is paid to judge.
  • winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I thought there was an element of truth to what Jason said BUT he's there to judge Gary's performance only, so he should have refrained from making those comments about the VT

This is what I thought at the time. Though there may be some truth Jason was, as usual, too personal. As a judge he should not have mentioned anything apart from the performance on the ice.

It just comes over as mean-spirited and spiteful, and therefore completely unprofessional.
  • Totally WickedTotally Wicked Posts: 2,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    100% correct!

Why do some have such difficulty understanding reality?

All the ones going gaga over the kid on this tread is exactly why he did it! Obsessional parents who can't see a kid without ovulating are why featuring your daughter at every opportunity gets votes!

Why not face reality, people have been clearly pointing it out for weeks on here.

No one else constantly featured and stuck their brats in everyone faces, so how can anyone say that it's fair?

Grip on reality needed here!
    Forum Member
    He said to Gary "You have milked the kid" something like that, obviously not caring that Gary's partner and child were in the audience.

It was completely uncalled for and not related to Gary's performance, which is what Jason is paid to judge.

He could balance things up by saying that Hayley really 'milked the dream angle' but he wouldn't do that of course. He is so impartial - not.

Hayley deserved to win, don't get me wrong, but Jason always sours things. Talk about the milk of human kindness.

Kieron said that what kept him going when he was down was Chris's remark that he was 'the dark horse of the competition'. A little encouragement and a little kindness does help a performer in my opinion.
  • Totally WickedTotally Wicked Posts: 2,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yet the kid was related to every performance he did - Or are you going to blank out that reality so that you can work it only one way? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    100% correct!

Why do some have such difficulty understanding reality?

All the ones going gaga over the kid on this tread is exactly why he did it! Obsessional parents who can't see a kid without ovulating are why featuring your daughter at every opportunity gets votes!

Why not face reality, people have been clearly pointing it out for weeks on here.

No one else constantly featured and stuck their brats in everyone faces, so how can anyone say that it's fair?

Grip on reality needed here!

It may be that the child angle was milked, as were other angles. The point of this thread is that Jason Gardiner was out of order to mention it, not whether it is true or not.

Grip on reality of the requirements of being a judge needed here.

I think it could just as well have lost Gary votes, by the way. It would have put me off voting for him, if I voted.
  • squiggle1012squiggle1012 Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    Yet the kid was related to every performance he did - Or are you going to blank out that reality so that you can work it only one way? :rolleyes:

Yep Garys child India was there at every performance. She is clearly loved by her dad and vice versa.
    He did NOT stand with the camera at the end of every performance and ensure it was on her. He did NOT edit the shots that were shown. He did NOT edit the comments and he did NOT have the commentators arm twisted up his back to ensure he spoke about her at all the moments he did.

The show producers did that. If mr nasty had a problem he should have addressed it with them and not Gary.
  • kaloukkalouk Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was out of order and I think it may of cost Keiron a place in the final two as soon as he said it I thought that it would gain Gary votes. I admit I supported Keiron from quite early on but it really was my initial thought.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary milked it so much I thought he worked for Unigate.:D

Saying that Jason should not have been such a bitchy queen in the final. Everyone new Hayley was going to win, so Jasons comments probably gave Gary more votes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    winenroses wrote: »
    It may be that the child angle was milked, as were other angles. The point of this thread is that Jason Gardiner was out of order to mention it, not whether it is true or not.

Grip on reality of the requirements of being a judge needed here.

Can't remember any fuss about Suzanne's little boy.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member

Jason could hardly blame Gary for that - it was just another excuse to have a pop at him. Jason should have words with the cameramen if it upsets him so much!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Yep Garys child India was there at every performance. She is clearly loved by her dad and vice versa.
    He did NOT stand with the camera at the end of every performance and ensure it was on her. He did NOT edit the shots that were shown. He did NOT edit the comments and he did NOT have the commentators arm twisted up his back to ensure he spoke about her at all the moments he did.

The show producers did that. If mr nasty had a problem he should have addressed it with them and not Gary.

Couldn't agree more.
  • kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly, funny that some people think he had such a say in the way the programme was edited! To be honest it put me off Gary the way his daughter was paraded, but I doubt it was his fault!
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I applaud you.

Yet again, Jason couldn't stop himself from being personal. I really fail to see just how what he said was constructive.

What gives him the right to be nasty about a little four/five year old girl? Now before anyone says anything, I do know what he said, and he wasn't nasty to her, but ABOUT her. :mad:
    Forum Member

Well, quite. I didn't like the emphasis in the VT but talk about getting a grip on reality. :D Complain to the management. They have a lot to answer for, including employing Jason Gardiner in the capacity of judge. More like Lord High Executioner. :p
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

Good post - but why let fact get in the way of a good bashing.

The producers did go OTT tonight but have a go at them - not as if Gary was sitting in the editing suite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well said Squiggle, imo Jason has gone completely overboard this series with the personal attacks on contestants! Like or not it gives a contestant extra votes, i certainly voted for Sharon after his disgusting comment to her! Likewise Gary, who I thought was great anyway, got extra votes because Jason was so rude about him!:rolleyes:
    He is far too unbiased to be a judge I hope they find someone else next year!
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Jason's comments were almost certainly a big help in getting him to the final two, so it worked out pretty well for him, really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    To be fair, Jason's comments were almost certainly a big help in getting him to the final two, so it worked out pretty well for him, really.

Plus the fact he was the best skater left in the competition, it is about skating as well as dancing and performing!:)