Why are atheist so angry?

Comments

• mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard46 wrote: »
    I had assumed your username was ironical. If it is not do you think you might be taking yourself a tad too seriously.

the latter im guessing.

i mean, whod dream of coming onto a public forum with a username like that anyway? its clear they are out to provoke an argument.
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    QUOTE=KJ44;69733556]One of the few things about atheism that get this atheist angry ^H^H^H bothered enough to post on DS are baiting threads like this.[/QUOTE]

"Baiting" ? "Trolling"? Aren't you the one who gave us something about 'popes and horse meat'? Or'the homeless and atheist'? Or how about 'The popes astronomer would be pleased to baptise aliens'?

Yeah right.
    Forum Member
    the latter im guessing.

i mean, whod dream of coming onto a public forum with a username like that anyway? its clear they are out to provoke an argument.

I know , terrible user name.......... says"Mushy".
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    imrightok wrote: »
    KJ44 wrote: »
    One of the few things about atheism that get this atheist angry ^H^H^H bothered enough to post on DS are baiting threads like this.

"Baiting" ? "Trolling"? Aren't you the one who gave us something about 'popes and horse meat'? Or'the homeless and atheist'? Or how about 'The popes astronomer would be pleased to baptise aliens'?

Yeah right.

Ooh! Did I really? Gimme some links and I'll explain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to butt in but when it's so obvious to anyone with intelligence that religion is outdated .. Of COURSE we get angry
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member

Yeah right.

Well that one was no baiting; just true.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/sep/17/pope-astronomer-baptise-aliens
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Ooh! Did I really? Gimme some links and I'll explain.

If it was the atheist group in America that were stopped from giving away "gift bags" of essentials to the homeless at a Christian homeless shelter.... then that story was true.
    Forum Member
    Sorry to butt in but when it's so obvious to anyone with intelligence that religion is outdated .. Of COURSE we get angry
    Richard46 wrote: »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/833662

Yep, so was mine.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    This one is angry because some dick hit my car and drove off today. Maybe I'd be less annoyed if I thought they were going to Hell.

That's a bit harsh. I would have thought that an appearance at the Magistrates Court would be sufficient
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Yep, so was mine.

However, your assertion that I made such comments lacks evidence. I mean, with 20,000+ posts it could have been me, but I doubt it.

Also, you used quotes around "trolling" and I said no such thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's clearly no god. That's why.

Take this typhoon in the Philippines.
    Forum Member
    There's clearly no god. That's why.

Take this typhoon in the Philippines.

And that's a reason to be angry?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So you're saying that you can only be angry if you believe in a god?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No it's a reason to understand there's no god.
    Forum Member
    So you're saying that you can only be angry if you believe in a god?

Urr?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And if there's no god, obviously it's annoying to say the least if people keep doing things in his name
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first thing any religious person has to explain is why YOUR version of religion is necessarily more true than all the others
    Forum Member
    No it's a reason to understand there's no god.

I'm not sure what question you're answering. If it's the title of the thread it's 'why are atheists so angry?'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urr?.

I was just asking a nonsensical question, completely missing the obvious in the statement given, and re-interpreting it to fit my agenda.

I thought that as that's what you're doing.... ;)
    Forum Member
    I was just asking a nonsensical question, completely missing the obvious in the statement given, and re-interpreting it to fit my agenda.

I thought that as that's what you're doing.... ;)

Urr?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what question you're answering. If it's the title of the thread it's 'why are atheists so angry?'
    No I was answering your implied question.
    Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends believe in god.
    But just think for a minute if millions of people in the world were still answering to various holy books and gods you knew were complete fantasies. Wouldn't you want to shake them and say 'get real'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Urr?.

Would you like to make a proper comment? I know you probably don't understand, and perhaps your thread shouldn't have been "why are atheists angry?" but more "why do atheists tend to pity me?".
    Forum Member
    Would you like to make a proper comment? I know you probably don't understand, and perhaps your thread shouldn't have been "why are atheists angry?" but more "why do atheists tend to pity me?".

I would make a'proper comment'if I knew what you were on about.
    Forum Member
    No I was answering your implied question.
    Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends believe in god.
    But just think for a minute if millions of people in the world were still answering to various holy books and gods you knew were complete fantasies. Wouldn't you want to shake them and say 'get real'?

Don't you mean in your opinion, that they are complete fantasies?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would make a'proper comment'if I knew what you were on about.

I asked you a question. Do you think only believers have the right to be angry at things?
This discussion has been closed.