Meeting Attractive People in Public

Comments

• AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndrewPd wrote: »
    That depends on how long you are waiting.

I have had a long friendly convo at the bus stop and on the bus with a man from Madagascar.

He started the conversation and said he was glad I was up for a chat because he found the British stand-offish and unwilling to talk at bus stops. In other countries talking to random strangers is probably far more socially acceptable or natural.

It seems odd to wait somewhere for twenty minutes and not talk to the other people or person waiting. Dogs usually greet each other excitedly straight away and even head straight for a butt sniff.

I always chat to folk at the bus stop. I've made some real friends over the years, and found a fabulous handyman, a gardener and a baker of novelty cakes.

No romantic attachments though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    AnitaS wrote: »
    I always chat to folk at the bus stop. I've made some real friends over the years, and found a fabulous handyman, a gardener and a baker of novelty cakes.

No romantic attachments though.

All you need to complete the set is a butcher and a candlestick maker.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It seems odd to wait somewhere for twenty minutes and not talk to the other people or person waiting. Dogs usually greet each other excitedly straight away and even head straight for a butt sniff.

Perhaps you should try that approach.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it is temporarily depressing. Especially knowing if you did talk to them they'd probably think you're weird/ugly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All you need to complete the set is a butcher and a candlestick maker.

I'm not sure I would like to be friends with a butcher, I'm one of those crazy veggie people, you see.
  • AndrewPdAndrewPd Posts: 6,718
    Forum Member
    The ironic thing is I have no problem talking to attractive women and find women a bit more open and friendly. In a gay club I was at the women who tagged along with their gay boyfriends were very chatty and one even sat on my lap.
    Forum Member
    Part of the problem is that I don't like the idea of actually searching out someone. I would prefer for fate to bring us together naturally. I am a bit of a fatalist. If it is meant to be it will be.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The alternative is just to think to yourself, "He's probably a crap shag anyway".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So go somewhere where is it easy to talk to attractive people. Voluntary groups, interest clubs, or out on the town.

When I hear this tale of woe I always get the impression the person would run a mile in a real life meeting situation, so like to devise all these tragic scenarios.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Internet dating? Try it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Part of the problem is that I don't like the idea of actually searching out someone. I would prefer for fate to bring us together naturally. I am a bit of a fatalist. If it is meant to be it will be.

You don't have to search if you don't want to. Just wait in a bush until someone walks past.
    Forum Member
    Voynich wrote: »
    The alternative is just to think to yourself, "He's probably a crap shag anyway".

That's a good idea.
  • KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Biffo, take note.
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I should clarify at this point that I am Gay!!

So watch out men...coming to a Tesco's near you soon.

Well in that case you've got it both easier and harder. You can happily exchange a double take and smile without giving off the sinister rapey vibe that could happen with a woman, but you have to read the situation better first to avoid potential High Level Awkwardness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ironic thing is I have no problem talking to attractive women and find women a bit more open and friendly. In a gay club I was at the women who tagged along with their gay boyfriends were very chatty and one even sat on my lap.

You were at the women? That's probably where you're going wrong.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People seem to detect if you're casting glances at them. It's like a 6th sense :confused::blush:
  • Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you ever feel frustrated when you meet someone attractive in public knowing that you can't have them?
    Nope, I find it equally fustrating when I find mingers thinking they have a chance with me.
    hahahahahahahhaaa:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Never happened before or since, but I once had a random 'love at first sight' moment at a pelican crossing, we were going separate ways. *sigh*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    Never happened before or since, but I once had a random 'love at first sight' moment at a pelican crossing, we were going separate ways. *sigh*

Bit of a dreamer aren't you cabledude?
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are no attractive people in the town I live in.
  • marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Internet dating? Try it.

Daygame? :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about waiting for a bus?

:D:D:D
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was one where I had some passport photographs done and I was waiting for them to be printed out. Whilst I was waiting a girl walked in and I thought to myself 'she is pretty.' Anyway, I looked away from her and then I looked up again and she had a smile on her face. She then stood in front of me and started playing with her hair. Then the man served her and she wanted to use the self kodak machine. My photographs were ready and I left.

I really wish I had approached her.:blush:
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    There are no attractive people in the town I live in.

Probably time to move then! Let me know where it is so I don't waste my life going there ;-)
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmmm, verrry interrresting, had the OP been composed by a non gay man one would be forgiven for thinking the author a potential sexual predator.

" Frustration " , " fighting the urge to have them " Classic signs of a sex maniac.

See my secretary Miss Thighblast and make an appointment for a therapy session.