horrible horrible crowds

124»

Comments

• Options
    orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the crowd is hardly horrid.

people cheering and booing is fun. its a pantomime and the housemates know it.

if people cant take that kind of "feedback" then they must be very very sensitive and frankly the "yes - no negativity culture" is why this world is riddled with corruption, compliance fails and bad things... because people are too timid to stand up, and too timid to say "i want better" that the bad can walk all over the soft and get away with it.
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I reckon they round them up outside LIDL, Weatherspoons at 2pm and after filming of the Jeremy Kyle Show :p

So, shopping at Lidl or frequenting a Weatherspoon's pub renders you as some sort of 'underclass'? Nice...
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The HMs were originally supposed to have no feedback from the outside world, but since BB3 the crowd has been encourage to boo to mess with their heads. I remember Davina McCall saying to a quiet crowd, 'What? No booing?'

It does seem to alter the dynamic of the house, but I'm not sure it's fair on certain HMs.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    So, shopping at Lidl or frequenting a Weatherspoon's pub renders you as some sort of 'underclass'? Nice...

Remember the days when people understood when others were joking and didn't take every word literally? Those were the good old days
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VichyTen wrote: »
    A Sun reader perchance?:D

No a not it a Sun reader but I have worked in the News Industry for over 50 years - for The Inependent and The Daily Mirror and that fact is the The Sun sells over two million copies and as has been the biggest seller in the country for any years and still is.

So are all these people thick ? - I think not.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said. Mindless morons who are reacting to placards placed in front of them.

Honestly - out of all you people on DS tonight - unless you were mentally challenged - would you stand out in the cold / rain to watch the comings and goings of a bunch of minor zelebrities? I'll bet none of you (me included) we're watching from the comfort of our own living rooms.

The people in the crowd are just a bit mentally challenged (and/or they're hoping to see themselves on the highlights).
    What an offensive load of old bollocks.

I've known people who go on eviction nights and there's folk on this very forum who go to evictions - nothing whatsoever 'mentally challenged' about them at all.

It's a BB tradition upheld by some and although it's not for me they're doing nobody any harm by attending.

The booing is just panto and probably ramped-up by BB themselves and the only reason why I don't like it is because I don't want them knowing how they're doing in the minds of the viewers.

I don't want them to modify their behaviour according to crowd reactions thanks.
  • Options
    Rufus KnightsRufus Knights Posts: 3,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I've said. Mindless morons who are reacting to placards placed in front of them.

Honestly - out of all you people on DS tonight - unless you were mentally challenged - would you stand out in the cold / rain to watch the comings and goings of a bunch of minor zelebrities? I'll bet none of you (me included) we're watching from the comfort of our own living rooms.

The people in the crowd are just a bit mentally challenged (and/or they're hoping to see themselves on the highlights).

They are just normal people like you and me. They cheer their favourites and they boo the ones they don't like. There is nothing better than the look on a housemates face when they are being booed. Especially when it's someone like Perez who has been telling everyone that the public love him.

Seeing Nadia and Perez getting booed last night gave me great pleasure. Both have behaved appallingly in that house.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    It's confusing dismissing the booing as pantomime when there's people saying they take great pleasure in seeing someone get booed. It if completely lacked malice then there would be no pleasure out of it.

I kind of pity the crowd though. They stand out there in the rain and cold for so long, while the only excitement they get is the few moments when a housemate leaves the house. Who are then taken into the studio to be interviewed, leaving the crowd out there in the cold again.
    No wonder they boo and chant whenever they can, sounds incredibly pointless to be honest. They should just get rid of the outside crowd who I suspect are so negative because they are shut outside for so long. I would be too.
  • Options
    Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very cruel to boo Alicia. She's a very fragile person. It reminds me of the Dave Chappelle quote about Michael Jackson:

Somehow he thought maybe it'll help. "Maybe people will like me more if I turn myself into a white... ghoulish-like creature". I don't know what it is... but he did it for you.
  • Options
    wakey1512wakey1512 Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Response cards and manufactured crowds I think.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    It's confusing dismissing the booing as pantomime when there's people saying they take great pleasure in seeing someone get booed. It if completely lacked malice then there would be no pleasure out of it.

I kind of pity the crowd though. They stand out there in the rain and cold for so long, while the only excitement they get is the few moments when a housemate leaves the house. Who are then taken into the studio to be interviewed, leaving the crowd out there in the cold again.
    No wonder they boo and chant whenever they can, sounds incredibly pointless to be honest. They should just get rid of the outside crowd who I suspect are so negative because they are shut outside for so long. I would be too.

Great post, on all counts.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    What an offensive load of old bollocks.

I've known people who go on eviction nights and there's folk on this very forum who go to evictions - nothing whatsoever 'mentally challenged' about them at all.

It's a BB tradition upheld by some and although it's not for me they're doing nobody any harm by attending.

The booing is just panto and probably ramped-up by BB themselves and the only reason why I don't like it is because I don't want them knowing how they're doing in the minds of the viewers.

I don't want them to modify their behaviour according to crowd reactions thanks.

Totally agree. :)
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats_Eyes wrote: »
    No a not it a Sun reader but I have worked in the News Industry for over 50 years - for The Inependent and The Daily Mirror and that fact is the The Sun sells over two million copies and as has been the biggest seller in the country for any years and still is.

So are all these people thick ? - I think not.

Maybe you're not considering there's at least 2 million fat old blokes who enjoy ogling a pair of tits on page three everyday? I'm no snob but the thought that a person would buy the Sun for some intellectual stimulation is absurd
  • Options
    hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Maybe you're not considering there's at least 2 million fat old blokes who enjoy ogling a pair of tits on page three everyday? I'm no snob but the thought that a person would buy the Sun for some intellectual stimulation is absurd

41 per cent of the Sun's readers are women. And it has a higher percentage of readers under the age of 44 than any other UK newspaper. Can't help on the weight issue, though.
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hicken wrote: »
    41 per cent of the Sun's readers are women. And it has a higher percentage of readers under the age of 44 than any other UK newspaper. Can't help on the weight issue, though.

Yes hicken some people who denigrate are ignorant of their subject.
  • Options
    Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even worse last night. I feel like chucking a plugged in toaster at them in the rain.
  • Options
    Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If tonights non-crowd eviction goes well , hopefully it will pave the way for more of the same.