Options

Joe Kinnear

Comments

• Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever Ashley's motives are, this appointment is primed to be a massive own goal.

People within football get an unjust amount of stick about their IQ but Kinnear has seemingly made it his sole mission to cement that opinion as fact.

Either he's the most deluded and arrogant man in football today or the poor man is ill in a David Icke kind of way.

Mike Ashley is playing with fire here, just after simmering things down a bit with the Newcastle fans after a period of relative stability.

Still, Kinnear must now be considered comedy gold and a magnet for the media (who'll sense blood after his rant last time around). I just hope, from a humane point of view, that it doesn't have an adverse effect on Joe's health given his history.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noone wants jackanory joe to be ill, however at the rate he is going it will be largely his own fault!

the relationship with the media and fans is absolutely critical. jfk is a pr disaster. his relationship with the media was toxic before, now its continued and he has dragged the idiot fans too.

basic untruths in his statements are embarrassing, i wonder howhe is goingto spin those?

perhaps jose or fergie can help, as they are all best friends
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it football clubs are so bad at managing and dealing with the press? I mean I have seen better PR from tiny organisations.

Newcastle aren't bad at PR. They simply just don't give a toss. It's easier
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big mac wrote: »
    Regarding Joe Kinnear being unable to pronounce players names properly, neither could Bobby Robson and it never did him any harm. Just saying.

True, but on the other hand he didn't call one of the country's most widely-read football journalists a c**t, to his face, and in front of all their peers...:D
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    big mac wrote: »
    Regarding Joe Kinnear being unable to pronounce players names properly, neither could Bobby Robson and it never did him any harm. Just saying.

But Sir Bobby Robson was a true gentleman who had managed some of Europe's greatest sides, a man who had won European trophys and a man who was Englands most successful manager post Ramsay - his record demanded respect, he earned it - Kinnear hasn't, not through his achievements and not through his behaviour.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe Kinnear.

Never was a man more aptly named.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe Kinnear.

Newcastle make Liverpool and Chelsea look like well run clubs!
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,053
    Forum Member
    clm2071 wrote: »
    But Sir Bobby Robson was a true gentleman who had managed some of Europe's greatest sides, a man who had won European trophys and a man who was Englands most successful manager post Ramsay - his record demanded respect, he earned it - Kinnear hasn't, not through his achievements and not through his behaviour.

Also in terms of Newcastle wasn't he a fan from the area so had the passion of the fans - whereas Kinnear has come in and critcised the supporters

He was a bit older I think too and not well at times which maybe didn't help?
  • Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,053
    Forum Member
    Managing director has walked out now apparently
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Managing director has walked out now apparently

indeed, Derek Llambias has left the club.

Perhaps in protest of JFKs appointment?
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »

Well Joe Kinnear said he resigned 10 days ago so him resigning in protest is the most likely scenario given Kinnear's relationship with the truth.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »

A restructuring apparantly following last seasons' poor performance
  • Options
    frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaybee15 wrote: »
    True, but on the other hand he didn't call one of the country's most widely-read football journalists a c**t, to his face, and in front of all their peers...:D

A negative for Robson then... ;)
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder when Pardew will follow him out the door.
  • Options
    CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle deserve him. :cool:
  • Options
    StabbyStabby Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    CM wrote: »

How so?
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks. :yawn:
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe Kinnear.

Agreed. I have visions of the following two versions of the same phone call...

1. Ashley's Version
    Kinnear: "Hello, I'm interested in the position of Director of Football and have played, er,, over 400 games for your beloved Spurs"
    Ashley: "I hope you're not Joe Kinnear"
    Kinnear: "No, of course not - I've won, er, THREE Manager of the Year Awards, you know"
    Ashley: "Hmmm... As I need to force Pardew out - the job's yours"

2. Joe's Version
    Kinnear: "Hello, I'm interested in the position of Director of Football and have played over 500 games for your beloved Spurs"
    Ashley: "I hope you're not joking here"
    Kinnear: "No, of course not - I've won FOUR Manager of the Year Awards, you know"
    Ashley: "Blah, blah, blah... The job's yours"
  • Options
    CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stabby wrote: »
    How so?

Because their always Whinging never Winning. :cool:
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In case you haven't noticed, we've had plenty to whinge about lately. :cool:
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle's Derek Llambias quit after Joe Kinnear pulled the plug on Douglas transfer:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-joe-kinnear-drove-derek-1967425

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8782638/Transfer-News-Douglas-won-t-be-moving-to-Newcastle-United

Incredible stuff, apparently one of the best players in holland on a free transfer wasn't good enough for joe kinnear, what a clown, i wonder who he plans to sign instead...
  • Options
    StabbyStabby Posts: 58
    Forum Member

Well the club has been mismanaged for years and relegation is looking likely next season, when is the right time to start whinging? When it's the next Sheffield Wednesday or Notts Forrest?
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    He's there a day or so and already undermining their scouted players, not a good time to be a Newcastle fan I'd have thought.
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,957
    Forum Member
    Calm down, AP will go soon, his position untenable, followed swiftly by JK, for 'health reasons'. All this will be a distant memory by Xmas, when every game will be a six-pointer.
  • Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    They're racing Palace for the bottom, atm.