Options

Hollyoaks - What the hell was that ending?

MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Granted I wasn't paying that much attention, but why was Rhys casually sitting in the park with Cindy? Was it a flashback or is there something I'm missing? I stopped watching Hollyoaks a while back but I could've sworn he was dead, like really dead...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is dead; Cindy is hallucinating.
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caused by what? Does she have a screw loose or is she tripping?
  • Options
    LilMissJenLilMissJen Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Its part of her bipolar storyline.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even so, do bipolar people hallucinate?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »

Some can; no two people with bi polar experience the same symptoms.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit unrealistic if we as viewers actually saw Rhys, but then again it is Hollyoaks
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    It's a bit unrealistic if we as viewers actually saw Rhys, but then again it is Hollyoaks

Hollyoaks? Never!
  • Options
    LurkingQuietlyLurkingQuietly Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Kazza81 wrote: »

That's why we saw the shot from two viewpoints - the first from Cindy's (so we could see Rhys ourselves) and then from Holly's viewpoint (where we saw nobody).

Neighbours did this a few years back with Paul and his brain tumour. He kept talking to a character (that we could see) but only when no one else was around. One day they started fighting and another character came in; the shot switched to from their viewpoint and we suddenly saw Paul fighting with thin air.

Coincidentally the actor who played the figment of his imagination is now playing Daniel, his nephew!

Didn't Hollyoaks do something similar with Newt as well?
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can live with it, as long as they don't start doofing, Greys Anatomy style. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why we saw the shot from two viewpoints - the first from Cindy's (so we could see Rhys ourselves) and then from Holly's viewpoint (where we saw nobody).

Neighbours did this a few years back with Paul and his brain tumour. He kept talking to a character (that we could see) but only when no one else was around. One day they started fighting and another character came in; the shot switched to from their viewpoint and we suddenly saw Paul fighting with thin air.

Coincidentally the actor who played the figment of his imagination is now playing Daniel, his nephew!

Didn't Hollyoaks do something similar with Newt as well?

Yea Newt had an imaginary friend Eli who we all believed to be real. Didn't he also see a fake version of Rae before she come into it.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Yea Newt had an imaginary friend Eli who we all believed to be real. Didn't he also see a fake version of Rae before she come into it.

And wasn't Eli Jackson from Emmerdale? It's what Jacson would have wanted!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    And wasn't Eli Jackson from Emmerdale? It's what Jacson would have wanted!

yea that was him.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Yes. The Eli thing (an anagram of lie) was very well done in my opinion.

Bombhead also hallucinate conversations with Gordon Cunningham after he'd died so it isn( new territory.

And as I understand it, hallucinations are quite a common sympton of untreated bi-polar.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it is a flashback. Rhys died a couple of years ago. Cindy has bipolar.
  • Options
    Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »

When they did with Stacy in Eastenders , we saw that see was seeing small little girl in red coat

That was baby she aborted 3 or 4 years before that!
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I remember Rae being gothic and Newts suicide buddy, she jumped and he didn't. A few weeks later however we seen the real Rae who was a complete chav. The reason he pictured her was because of the photo in the purse he stole from Raes grandmother IIRC.