Options

Not buying Kellie at all.

Comments

• Options
    Pat13Pat13 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes me too, I think she looks very presentable.

I've seen pictures of her as frank and she looks much better as a woman.

I think she has a lovely face and it must have taken some courage to go in there. Her outfit is fine but she needs a much better wig.
  • Options
    atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sixtynine wrote: »
    I know the the papers have been full of Frank Maloney revealing that he's now Kellie, and has been living as Kellie for a year.

But I'm not buying it. :cool:

Not in a nasty way, There's just something not right, it's like it's all an act.
    Would BB be clever enough to set this up?
    Would this be the reason "Kellie" is reported to be the highest paid "celeb" in this BB?

Appologies if I'm wrong, I know it seems far fetched. But...

What is the background? Obviously I know of Frank Maloney, must admit I was shocked when I saw him come out as Kelly as I had never heard of the story. Is he no longer promoting & is he now Kelly for good or does he like to become Kelly from time to time? I only ask that question because when Audley (who was clearly shocked) asked "So do I call you Kelly?" he replied "You do if you want to get paid for your next fight!" So, I'm a little confused whether he likes to be Kelly indefinitely or kind of part time if you know what I mean because no disrespect but I'm sure it would be a braver thing to disclose to the Boxing World than to a BB audience.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shine_On wrote: »
    It's not an act, he really was living as Kellie for a long time before it was revealed in the papers.

I think the reveal in the papers was timed with Kellie knowing he was going in the Big Brother house.
  • Options
    brian017brian017 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    The thing that irked me about her was when she was going on how how she could be who she really was then later in the VT saying "don't piss me off or Frank Maloney the boxing promoter will come out".

You can't be Frank and Kelly. Pick one but not both
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has been dressing like this and going out in public as herself since 2012, she appears at boxing matches as Kellie and lives like this. Its just become more public with being on BB. She is having surgery for the whole change.
    If this makes her who she is, she is happy then why not, instead of living a life of not being yourself and true to yourself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2727060/I-wouldn-t-married-I-d-known-Frank-Maloney-s-ex-wife-tells-devastation-revealed-transgender-secret-boxing-legend-seen-ringside-time-sex-swap.html
  • Options
    HoneysmumHoneysmum Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    My hairdresser says that anyone who needs to wear a wig should take it to get a good cut. The main problem with wigs is there is too much hair which needs thinning and shaping. :)
  • Options
    Pea1Pea1 Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Sorry but Audley Harrison's face when he saw Kellie was classic!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S_J1 wrote: »
    She has been dressing like this and going out in public as herself since 2012, she appears at boxing matches as Kellie and lives like this. Its just become more public with being on BB. She is having surgery for the whole change.
    If this makes her who she is, she is happy then why not, instead of living a life of not being yourself and true to yourself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2727060/I-wouldn-t-married-I-d-known-Frank-Maloney-s-ex-wife-tells-devastation-revealed-transgender-secret-boxing-legend-seen-ringside-time-sex-swap.html

Bollocks.

Kellie has been to one boxing match, this past weekend, and no one had a clue about this until last week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.
  • Options
    rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ2 wrote: »
    Bollocks.

Kellie has been to one boxing match, this past weekend, and no one had a clue about this until last week.

BIB Have they gone for good or are they just tucked away? ;-)
  • Options
    Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    Having watched all the fights he promoted and seeing him on tv loads of times acting the tough guy I keep thinking it's a for a bet or something. Boxing promoters are the dodgiest people on the planet.
  • Options
    SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she looked appropriately dressed for a middle aged lady with not too much make up.
  • Options
    atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    Having watched all the fights he promoted and seeing him on tv loads of times acting the tough guy I keep thinking it's a for a bet or something. Boxing promoters are the dodgiest people on the planet.

The thing I am struggling with is the fact that he claims it is how he has always felt which I would say obviously doesn't fit the profile of someone from the world of Boxing!!
  • Options
    SeveneyesSeveneyes Posts: 12,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bollocks.

That's what I heard Kellie say something like..'apart from that I've never been out dressed like this' (I presume aside from last week's photo shoot)
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    It's the name that doesn't fit, why didn't he just call herself, Frankie?
  • Options
    adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not an act, he really was living as Kellie for a long time before it was revealed in the papers.

You know that for sure, do you, or did you read it in the papers?
  • Options
    brad_regbrad_reg Posts: 346
    Forum Member

Kellie: ive never been out in public like this before, apart from Saturday night.
  • Options
    straystray Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honeysmum wrote: »
    Infact "Frenchie" looks a whole lot more masculine with a couple of fake additions :D

Absolutely, Kellie is more of a girl than Frenchie :)
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bollocks.

Indeed .. Kellie / Frank was brought up as a boxing related story on Talksport the other day and none of the presenters,guests or callers had heard anything about it whatsoever until the big reveal.
  • Options
    straystray Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »

I think his wife gave a heart breaking interview about it. I doubt very much it's a put on.

I have a very close relative who has suffered the same....it's a confusing and painful experience for everyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Lennox Lewis, 48, said in a statement: “I was just as shocked as anyone at the news about my former promoter and my initial thought was that it was a wind-up."

There you have it. lol

Franks getting paid. ;-) lol
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    stray wrote: »
    I think his wife gave a heart breaking interview about it. I doubt very much it's a put on.

I have a very close relative who has suffered the same....it's a confusing and painful experience for everyone.

Yes, it's likely the person she was before was an act, as in she may have felt the need to over compensate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not buying Kellie at all.

I doubt she's for sale, and if she was, I doubt you could afford her.
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Frank he was a hard, aggressive man so now that he is in the process of changing gender and wearing a wig and pearls are we to assume that he will also have a change of personality and be a more likeable person? Obviously a huge thing for him to do - but then again money talks. Anyhow, like the OP I am not buying into his journey as yet.