Forum Member
✭✭✭
Plot:
Characters:
Darkness:

Game of Thrones vs. The Walking Dead 57 votes

Game of Thrones
73%
TatucjdoyleJohn2592FSthreecheesesSerial LurkerjonparadiseShrike[Deleted User]fornowagainCorwinLightningIguanaMoreTearsDirtyhippypaulschapmanVictim Of FateMatt DDurham ViperdarkjedimasterHutchy_Muse 42 votes
The Walking Dead
26%
loracanScooterwolfSattrega[Deleted User]2shy2007batesy2000Iggy's Boyfmradiotuner1wowboyMorningCazzCroctacusThrasymachusTardisSteveTATTOO62ArtfulDodger81 15 votes

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game of Thrones
    Game Of Thrones all the way
    Game of thrones has more layed characters, has less episodes therefore less filler and knows where it is heading. It even has an end game

The Walking Dead has mostly the opposite.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game Of Thrones all the way
    Game of thrones has more layed characters, has less episodes therefore less filler and knows where it is heading. It even has an end game

The Walking Dead has mostly the opposite.

Whilst I agree that Game Of Thrones is a much deeper show with less filler, I have to disagree with your other point as The Walking Dead knows exactly where it is going all the time, it has years worth of comics to catch up on and they are following almost all major and a lot of minor stories. The endgame might not be there but the journey is most definitely known.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones
    Game of Thrones is consistently good....The Walking Dead has quite a few poor episodes, especially in S2.
  • ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Walking Dead
    I like both, but to say Walking Dead is full of fillers isnt quite correct.....or has everyone forgotten the first half of season 5?
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Game of Thrones
    Thrones, easily. There's more depth to a lot of the characters, and compared to TWD (which, for the most part is a singular survival story) Thrones has various plots themed around everything.

TWD doesn't have Dragons either, whereas Thrones does have Zombies. ;) TWD is a good show for sure, but it's no Game of Thrones.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Walkers in Game of Thrones are more scary.
  • dan_dan_ Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones
    bump.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Game of Thrones
    Love both shows, but Game of Thrones has the edge on this poll.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    I agree with the Independent - I've tried to watch GOT when my o/h watches it, and it's okay, but I don't care about it like I do TWD.

Don't really think they're comparable though :confused:
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    The Walking Dead
    moonlily wrote: »
    I agree with the Independent - I've tried to watch GOT when my o/h watches it, and it's okay, but I don't care about it like I do TWD.

Don't really think they're comparable though :confused:

I've really tried with GOT too, hubby loves it but I just don't get the hype, TWD on the other hand, I wait , drooling, each week for a new episode.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones
    Went for GOT but both shows are great
  • DeepBlueTwoDeepBlueTwo Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Trying to be honest AND fair, I reckon GoT has just got a slight edge over TWD simply because of (what we call) 'neighbours drama'.

It's the type of thing that always seems to crop up in present-day scenario US TV. Character X is jealous of character Y, even though they're in the middle of a global apocalypse/alien invasion/zombie plague/etc. Or, the kid in scene 2 suddenly wanders off for no apparent reason even though every other kid in the known universe would be gripping their surviving relative like a clam. Etc.

GoT doesn't seem to have any of that (iirc) and if they do, the character ends up dead, not suddenly rescued.

Having said that, I like both shows equally. GoT can be a bit too brutal at times for my taste.
  • ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game of Thrones
    Game of Thrones for me.

In GoT, characters get punished for doing stupid things.

In TWD, the characters actor gets another couple of years on their contract.