Options

Going on a "spoiler" diet. (STRICTLY SPOILER FREE)

Comments

• Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    Was sooooo gutted. My own fault in a way but wasn't expecting it.

Its not easy, I'm particularly avoiding tabloids right now, we all know they stop at nothing for a little spoiler:rolleyes:
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    You forgot to pick up my glass eye! :mad:

I've said it before and I'll say it again....
    I'll never get the better of Granny.
    :)
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    The tabloids - the Sun in particular - just write every week that whoever's playing the Doctor or companion is leaving at the end of the series. They know they'll be "proven right" eventually - even if it takes ten years.

I stick to the Mail - they never make statements about anything - it's always "Is Doctor Who an illegal immigrant" and "Are Daleks causing global warming?"
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stick to the Mail - they never make statements about anything - it's always "Is Doctor Who an illegal immigrant" and "Are Daleks causing global warming?"

And lots of "Is the companion leading our young people astray by wearing short skirts?"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And lots of "Is the companion leading our young people astray be wearing short skirts?"

Will someone Please think of the children:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And lots of "Is the companion leading our young people astray by wearing short skirts?"

Whilst showing a load of photos - just to illustrate the point - obviously :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I really enjoyed TRF better without spoilers. Even though some complete arse sent me the ending in an unsolicited pm last week. Tossbag!:mad:
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad i didn't see the spoiler photo of Ganger Doc!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »

Me too, a complete shocker. I know what was going to happen as soon as he touched the stuff, but still!

Not reading discussions but my mind is going into overdrive on who was killed in TIA
  • Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Going in spoiler free made today's ep so much more enjoyable, may have to do it every week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Going in spoiler free made today's ep so much more enjoyable, may have to do it every week.

Yep, gotta agree. Gonna do it for rest of the series. Next week will be my first complete non spoiled episode as I had seen some spoilers before I went on the diet.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Defintely.

It was pretty obvious from the moment he stuck his mitt in that goop what would happen but I enjoyed that "I can guess what's going to happen next" feeling - different from the "Told ya!" feeling.

I really enjoyed this episode - loved the make-up and really liked Jenny's character. Arthur D got his chance to shine and grabbed it with both hands. Best of all, the story is wide-open - the line between good and bad is almost non-existent and even the Ganger Doctor could turn out to be a friend or a foe to "our" Doctor and Co - depends entirely on what the writer wants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Defintely.

It was pretty obvious from the moment he stuck his mitt in that goop what would happen but I enjoyed that "I can guess what's going to happen next" feeling - different from the "Told ya!" feeling.

I really enjoyed this episode - loved the make-up and really liked Jenny's character. Arthur D got his chance to shine and grabbed it with both hands. Best of all, the story is wide-open - the line between good and bad is almost non-existent and even the Ganger Doctor could turn out to be a friend or a foe to "our" Doctor and Co - depends entirely on what the writer wants.

I love the idea of two identical Doctors with identical values...this is going to be an interesting story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Defintely.

i agree, it wasn't an out and out classic, but it was absolutely rock solid quality wise, loved the ethical sub plot, and, as you say, best of all was seeing Rory play such big part in the story....i have a hunch there is going to be a big price to pay for him opting not to remain with Amy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i agree, it wasn't an out and out classic, but it was absolutely rock solid quality wise, loved the ethical sub plot, and, as you say, best of all was seeing Rory play such big part in the story....i have a hunch there is going to be a big price to pay for him opting not to remain with Amy!

Could this be where the much talked about alternate storyline developes, particularly in terms of pregnancy. One Rory stays one doesn't? Just a thought!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have a feeling after next week it's going to be really hard to avoid spoilers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    I love the idea of two identical Doctors with identical values...this is going to be an interesting story.

That's my "I wonder?" thing for next week - will Doctor Goo be a help or an enemy?

Doctor Goo???

I like that - I claim baggsies :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Goo...love it:D

*high fives Minky*

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's my "I wonder?" thing for next week - will Doctor Goo be a help or an enemy?

Doctor Goo???

I like that - I claim baggsies :)

Doctor Goo, gotta be quote of the week that one:D
  • Options
    Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still spoiler free just... (talks to herself) Need to stay strong. ... The Curse of Fenric on those pesky MAJOR SPOILER threads which keep appearing. (decision made) will follow the Apprentice and Eastenders thread until Saturday (thinks) wasnt June Brown good on Tuesday ? (phew crisis averted)
  • Options
    JazzSP8JazzSP8 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Trying to stay Spoiler free myself, getting harder and harder around these parts though :(
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Still spoiler free about part two. I think. Haven't even seen Matt on The One Shoe yet.

Bit of future episode information in a thread title about ep 7 earlier but it's been modified since. I'm saying "future episode information" because the word "spoiler" has too many meanings! It's a catch all. The accidental leak here was something the BBC have released as publicity photos. Or a trailer maybe. So not a massive reveal and I imagine will be in the Next Time thingy. I used to switch off before the Next Time got going. (would like these to be after the end music). But I'm more relaxed now. I watch them but don't freeze frame and rewind or anything! :)
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, trying to stay spoiler free but people are STILL putting spoilers in the THREAD TITLES! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    JazzSP8JazzSP8 Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Yes, trying to stay spoiler free but people are STILL putting spoilers in the THREAD TITLES! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yeah and reading through threads that shouldn't be spoilers and then reading something that should have been tagged...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Re spoilers in thread titles, I may have to ditch DS for a while. I am doing well in terms of resisting tagged spoilers, but the thread titles are getting really quite aggravating now:mad::mad::mad:

I am still spoiler free for Saturday, so I will hopefully enjoy it:)

Oh and to Correct Opinion, you complete arse, don't try sending me another spoiler, you are now oon my ignore list so don't waste yours or my time.