Options

The Aiden Grimshaw Appreciation Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never pre-ordered either so I've no idea how it works :confused:

I'm both excited and nervous for the single release. I really really hope it does well

I haven't been very good at posting on here the last couple of days, so here's some snippets I've seen:

Is This Love set up as a Wiki page :D
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is_This_Love

MSN Pic https://twitter.com/msnents/status/207505725541462016/photo/1

Some pics from The Great Escape http://twitpic.com/9lfruh http://illdoitallforyouintime.tumblr.com/post/23114339677/x

There's going to be an interview & pics in idolmag.co.uk on Monday. Fulham Tattoo Centre tweeted that Aiden has had another 2 tattoos ! And, he's done a photo shoot with Elliott Morgan

Busy, busy, busy ! :D
  • Options
    AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellz_xxx wrote: »
    I've never pre-ordered either so I've no idea how it works :confused:

I'm both excited and nervous for the single release. I really really hope it does well

I haven't been very good at posting on here the last couple of days, so here's some snippets I've seen:

Is This Love set up as a Wiki page :D
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Is_This_Love

MSN Pic https://twitter.com/msnents/status/207505725541462016/photo/1

Some pics from The Great Escape http://twitpic.com/9lfruh http://illdoitallforyouintime.tumblr.com/post/23114339677/x

There's going to be an interview & pics in idolmag.co.uk on Monday. Fulham Tattoo Centre tweeted that Aiden has had another 2 tattoos ! And, he's done a photo shoot with Elliott Morgan

Busy, busy, busy ! :D

I think that the Elliot Morgan photoshoot was for the Idol mag interview so those two should come together!
  • Options
    eleanaeleana Posts: 1,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aiden's chart show tv chat is on tomorrow.

http://www.zingzing.co.uk/programme/aidengrimshawchartshowchat/22646760/

Chart Show TV - 31st May, 17:00

After 2 years out of the limelight, this X Factor graduate pops into Chart Show HQ as he gears up to release his killer debut single, Is This Love.

DS single review, four out of five.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/singlesreviews/a384430/aiden-grimshaw-is-this-love-single-review.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Aiden Grimshaw‏@Mr_Grimshaw

I am on mr @MattEdmondson radio 1 show tonight at 9!!! Tune in... Pretty random stuffs go on

Another interview :D
  • Options
    idlewildgirlidlewildgirl Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EEEE its all go!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aiden Grimshaw‏@Mr_Grimshaw

I am on mr @MattEdmondson radio 1 show tonight at 9!!! Tune in... Pretty random stuffs go on

Another interview :D

A certain Mr Grimshaw got the dates muddled up :p He'll be on it in a week or two :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another week on B List :(

Fingers crossed for A List next week!
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Really disappointed about this. It really would have helped for a final publicity push before the single was released. Don't get me wrong, I think it's brilliant that he's B List, and that the song has had quite a bit of exposure on R1, but with no other major radio stations backing it, A List would have been ideal this week. :(
  • Options
    eleanaeleana Posts: 1,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it will have to do well in the charts to get A listed, can't really complain they have been very supportive which more than can be said about capital radio. Don't think this has mentioned it is record of the week on in demand radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    eleana wrote: »
    I think it will have to do well in the charts to get A listed, can't really complain they have been very supportive which more than can be said about capital radio. Don't think this has mentioned it is record of the week on in demand radio.

I'm actually surprised that capital haven't played his song. Would've thought with the dance-y kinda vibes it would've been a sure thing.. Oh well, their loss :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Aiden was the subject of Peter Robinson's (aka Mr Popjustice) last ever 'Versus' in the NME this week:

https://twitter.com/IndieGoPop/status/207892279715831808/photo/1/large
  • Options
    spiralstaticspiralstatic Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Felt all silly about this post after all and you can't delete so just.....

IAMSILLY!!

AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):):):):):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

IAMSILLY!!

AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):):):):):)

It wasn't silly at all, can't believe you deleted it ! I was nodding in agreement when I read it :)

Positive Aiden mention included in this article about Matt
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/photos/77118/1/Matt-Cardle-Says-That-Hes-Glad-That-Hes-Been-Dropped

It really doesn't seem to do you any favours at all to win the xf!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't silly at all, can't believe you deleted it ! I was nodding in agreement when I read it :)

Positive Aiden mention included in this article about Matt
    http://www.entertainmentwise.com/photos/77118/1/Matt-Cardle-Says-That-Hes-Glad-That-Hes-Been-Dropped

It really doesn't seem to do you any favours at all to win the xf!

Haha, silly me! I felt daft :o:o:o. I can't remember what I said now! Begone words! Ah that you could delete life so easily!

Anyway, exciting times! Single for our grabby hands & lots of love from the world for Aidenmusic! Yay! :):):)

PS Felt I ought to say Matt's music hasn't been for me as yet, but I wish him all the best & I hope he can take the path that's right for him now :).
  • Options
    LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

IAMSILLY!!

AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):):):)

aww now you have me all intrigued as to what this mystery post was :(:confused:

:)
  • Options
    LittleNothingLittleNothing Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be pretty damn chuffed for Aiden to get top 20. But then I've never paid any attention to the single chartings of the musical love of my life Rufus Wainwright (and to be honest I've rarely had cause to bless him :p:) ) so I'm maybe not the best judge. I'm torn between me personally not caring about chartings and me knowing that Aiden and his label probably will and wanting whats best for him. But honestly wherever it lands ill be a happy girl :):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not long now til single release :D

so exciting!

I havent ever pre ordered anything from iTunes before, will it just automatically download?

I think it'll send you an email telling you have it ready for download and as soon as you open iTunes it will then automatically download it.
    aww now you have me all intrigued as to what this mystery post was :(:confused:
    :)

Same - am super intrigued now!

Hhhmmm, and as for my thoughts on how the single might perform, I really have no idea. As someone mentioned above I think I'm struggling to even put a guess on it because I'm so invested in it and feel like Aiden is everywhere but that's because I'm searching it out.

I mean, I'm sure if I mentioned it at work tomorrow none of them would have any idea AIden's got a single coming out - even though I've told them all multiple times, I think they just tune me out when I start talking about Aiden now to be honest! :eek::D;)

I think top ten would amazing, but am thinking maybe top 20 is more realistic? I do think it won't be a 'in the charts one week and then out the next' type song though, I think it'll be sticking around for a while and may even pick up momentum and climb the charts in the second week of release. I have nothing at all to base this on obviously, just making random guesses and pretending I have a vague clue what I'm talking about!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be pretty damn chuffed for Aiden to get top 20. But then I've never paid any attention to the single chartings of the musical love of my life Rufus Wainwright (and to be honest I've rarely had cause to bless him :p:) ) so I'm maybe not the best judge. I'm torn between me personally not caring about chartings and me knowing that Aiden and his label probably will and wanting whats best for him. But honestly wherever it lands ill be a happy girl :):)

Spiralstatic's post was remarkably similar to this. She's never paid attention to chart positions and just wants Aiden to do well enough to be able to keep making music.

They were the bits I was nodding along to :D
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate to sound pessimistic, but surely top 20 would be a bit of a disappointment? Is This Love is a brilliant song that deserves to chart top 10 at the very least. My gut instinct is it will be top 10 but probably not top 5. I'd worry if it only went top 20; the charts shouldn't matter, but they inevitably do to his label. He's had a fair amount of promo in terms of the demographics he's trying to reach, and a good amount of exposure on R1. I suppose my only worry is that he hasn't yet connected fully with a new fanbase, whilst possibly isolating some of his younger fans. As a stand alone single, Is This Love is brilliant, and by all accounts, his album is meant to be strong too, but so much judgement is cast on the first single. I'm going to be a nervous wreck by next Sunday!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I hate to sound pessimistic, but surely top 20 would be a bit of a disappointment? Is This Love is a brilliant song that deserves to chart top 10 at the very least. My gut instinct is it will be top 10 but probably not top 5. I'd worry if it only went top 20; the charts shouldn't matter, but they inevitably do to his label. He's had a fair amount of promo in terms of the demographics he's trying to reach, and a good amount of exposure on R1. I suppose my only worry is that he hasn't yet connected fully with a new fanbase, whilst possibly isolating some of his younger fans. As a stand alone single, Is This Love is brilliant, and by all accounts, his album is meant to be strong too, but so much judgement is cast on the first single. I'm going to be a nervous wreck by next Sunday!

I have to agree. As much as I don't tend to take much notice of the charts, the idea of his song only making the Top 20 makes my blood boil - its a good song, which deserves to do well :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just realised that I have never actually bought a single. First time for everything I s'pose! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just realised that I have never actually bought a single. First time for everything I s'pose! :p

This is exactly what has me thinking top 20...are the people Aiden is trying to reach with his music the people who buy singles?

Of course I'll be buying it because it's Aiden, but any other artist I'd probably just wait for the album.

I'm probably underestimating the airplay it's had on radio 1 - I've not listened to it much these past few weeks so have no concept of how much it's been played. And him being on with Scott on Friday will do him the world of good. Scott definitely likes the track (he picked it as his track of the week himself, it wasn't forced on him by the playlist people or anything) so hopefully he'll big him up loads!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sort of sales do you actually need to make top 10 does anybody know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Giggles, I'm tipsy now so had I waited until now to share my thoughts I likely wouldn't have deleted! All I can say is I've no idea where Aiden will chart - when I was 12/13 I used to wake up at 5am, practice my violin then allow myself an hour to lie listening to the radio. In those days I listened to the charts. Since then, I have no idea what music charts! And even then I didn't approve of number ones. I just listened in the vain hope and with the naivety that something I loved might?!

I love music and I hope I'd be considered as a music lover....? I've no idea what else I'd be considered as, but :o:D:o:o!! Thus, personally I find it hard to care too much where Aiden charts as long as he can have a successful and long career and we can listen to his music now and as it develops in the future :).

For Aiden though, I wish for success. Perhaps as someone who has come from where he has that'd be best begun with chart success? But if so, then wherever the track enters - high or low, it can stick around or climb... and if it isn't high well that's not specifically his target audience anyway perhaps? I say there can be a positive in anything. The people who have got him thus far have believed in him. We believe in him. So, I hope that'll continue.

This isn't what I said before. I did say I cannot bear listening to radio one anymore! It's driving me mad!!! Aaaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! But, anyway *ahem*

Oh, I feel stupid even now. If I say this at least then go to sleep, at least it shall remain here?............................
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me too! hahaha. I want Aiden to make the top 10 atleast! I mean, Is this Love has about 700,000 views on youtube and this is before it's been released, so hopefully it'll reach the top 10! :D