Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, ok. That's fair enough, but the point stands that a lot of people seem to be saying stuff like that about Rooney. I appreciate that you're not one of them.

As for getting complacent, that would have happened last season if it was going to happen at all, I'd have thought.

Lots of people have said lots of that sort of stuff about Rooney despite all the visual and statistical evidence that makes a mockery of it. If he stays fit and fast, he'll be both England and United's record goalscorer in the next two seasons. You can't get as close as he has to both records on his goals to game ratio without being a little bit special. And his assist record is exceptional as well. I think it's something like double figures in the prem for the last six seasons.

However, while he was our best outfield player by miles last season, I think he played better before he signed than after. Perhaps he was fighting harder for the contract and that's the complacency I mentioned? Was still our best player after he signed though...
  • Options
    AZ fanAZ fan Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    I must admit I googled it as well cos I wasn't entirely convinced!!! I do vaguely remember him turning down the fizz as MOTM.

Yaya or Yahya is the Islamic name for John in the same way that Isa is how Jesus is known Islam and Musa/Moses hence I call him John Touré :D

Am over the moon with the appointment. I found out at HT of the NI - Belgium u15 game I attended yesterday. One of the very best in the world and he reiterated his view that Manchester United are the biggest club in the world. However, and it is starting to come out, I have long felt he has been if not misunderstood, only partially so. AZ used to post weekly interviews with van Gaal on their old website and the detail in which he would go into about the game was mindblowing. We don't have that culture in this country. Indeed, sometimes I felt he said too much and that's why the results started to go down the pan but of course that was mostly down to the loss of Koevermans and Arveladze in the summer, El Hamdaoui taking time to settle and Pellè being one of the biggest flops ever seen in the Eredivisie (until he went to Feyenoord).

Louis and his wife Truus have been ambassadors for Spieren voor Spieren for 14 years now. It's a charity which looks after children with muscular disorders. Now that Louis is going to work in England, he has had to give up that role but he and his wife have been made honorary ambassadors for life. They showed a portion of a goodbye video the charity put together to thank them and it was heartwarming to see the children thanking Louis and Truus for their contribution to their lives.
  • Options
    toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does the market open up again is it June 1st?
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Saw this on Facebook. Made me laugh. :p
    Manchester United have quietly cancelled Marouane Fellaini's next birthday celebrations and crossed their fingers!!
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must say I didn't realise it was common practice for bosses to come in and shake my hand on my birthday.

That's it, grounds for constructive dismissal! Im off to another company.

Pathetic.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,484
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    Must say I didn't realise it was common practice for bosses to come in and shake my hand on my birthday.

That's it, grounds for constructive dismissal! Im off to another company.

Pathetic.

He's made an extraordinary turn around in his last 4 tweets and IF they are from him then I could see him leaving this summer.

He's agreeing with his agent and questioning the integrity and moral of the owners.

Can't see it going down too well.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Poy wrote: »
    He's made an extraordinary turn around in his last 4 tweets and IF they are from him then I could see him leaving this summer.

He's agreeing with his agent and questioning the integrity and moral of the owners.

Can't see it going down too well.

If that's the case, what do you think that this is really about?

I can't see it being money, and this whole 'birthday' thing is surely a load of rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If that's the case, what do you think that this is really about?

I can't see it being money, and this whole 'birthday' thing is surely a load of rubbish.

Absolutely no idea, it's something that could only happen at City.

It's usually his agent just talking crap but if that is Toure tweeting and confirming what his agent has said then it's something completely new.

If he wanted out for a different challenge then I'm sure there is many better ways than this to go about it. And City fans would reluctantly accept it but not this way.

Whatever happens, I can't see City leaving it until after the world cup to get it sorted.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a very, very good player, but he doesn't half come across as someone who has some serious ego problems!

You're not wrong.

His ego is now so large that the government has now awarded it county status!
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not wrong.

His ego is now so large that the government has now awarded it county status!

It is getting to be as big as Zlatan's (and I never thought that anyone would reach that highs level!)! :o
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Absolutely no idea, it's something that could only happen at City.

It's usually his agent just talking crap but if that is Toure tweeting and confirming what his agent has said then it's something completely new.

If he wanted out for a different challenge then I'm sure there is many better ways than this to go about it. And City fans would reluctantly accept it but not this way.

Whatever happens, I can't see City leaving it until after the world cup to get it sorted.

I don't follow Toure on Twitter (obvs :D) - what is the gist of what he's said?
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He said what his agent said was true and would give an interview after the WC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    He said what his agent said was true and would give an interview after the WC.

Well that's just ridic!! They do love a bit of drama during the closed season these footballers don't they.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well he first came out and said let my commitment on the pitch do the talking and don't believe anything that doesn't come from me..

All seemed well and good but then half hour later he says everything my agent says is true (which involves being disrespected by the club and owners)

Even for City this is slightly mental.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    Sneijder?!

Should have seen it coming, I suppose.

Sneiijder must be about 90 by now, we only need to be linked with Thiago again and it's last summer bingo.
    Personally I don't want any over 30 signings so if Sagna has 'snubbed' us in favour of Citeh, I'll be well chuffed:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is getting to be as big as Zlatan's (and I never thought that anyone would reach that highs level!)! :o

Oh yes, I forgot about Ibrahimovic.

His ego has its own shirt number & 10 year contract!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well he first came out and said let my commitment on the pitch do the talking and don't believe anything that doesn't come from me..

All seemed well and good but then half hour later he says everything my agent says is true (which involves being disrespected by the club and owners)

Even for City this is slightly mental.

I have to confess I do love it when City do bat shit mental things :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to confess I do love it when City do bat shit mental things :D

Me too: there's life after the 'mighty' Gary Cook!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Me too: there's life after the 'mighty' Gary Cook!:D

We took the baton last year and got Moyes so if was only fair they returned the favour with some madness!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Sneiijder must be about 90 by now, we only need to be linked with Thiago again and it's last summer bingo.
    Personally I don't want any over 30 signings so if Sagna has 'snubbed' us in favour of Citeh, I'll be well chuffed:)

Don't forget about Gaary, it wouldn't be a transfer window, if we were not linked to signing him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, I forgot about Ibrahimovic.

His ego has its own shirt number & 10 year contract!:D

He is the only person that regularly speaks about himself in the third person!
    :o:D
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the matches I watched Garay in this season he impressed me. Before when there was those links it was rolls eyes time, but now I would be happy to see him at Utd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the matches I watched Garay in this season he impressed me. Before when there was those links it was rolls eyes time, but now I would be happy to see him at Utd.

Well, we certainly need at least one centre half, so if he's decent, he'll do.

I'm concerned about the links to Vermaelen. Not good enough, in my opinion.
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Well, we certainly need at least one centre half, so if he's decent, he'll do.

I'm concerned about the links to Vermaelen. Not good enough, in my opinion.

I dunno. If Arsenal want rid and he is dirt cheap, he might be alright as an experienced backup both at cb and lb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zieler wrote: »
    I dunno. If Arsenal want rid and he is dirt cheap, he might be alright as an experienced backup both at cb and lb.

I wouldn't disagree with that, but I can't see us signing him on that basis.
This discussion has been closed.