The Launch Show

wonderwheels28wonderwheels28 Posts: 627
Forum Member
✭✭
Do we have date yet of when it starts.

Comments

• CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    It's being recorded the 3rd September so should be broadcast on Sat 6th.

The main series should then start three weeks later on the Fri and Sat (26th & 27th) as per usual.

The above is all based on assumption based on previous series :D
  • wonderwheels28wonderwheels28 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    It's being recorded the 3rd September so should be broadcast on Sat 6th.

The main series should then start three weeks later on the Fri and Sat (26th & 27th) as per usual.

The above is all based on assumption based on previous series :D

That's great, there seem to be some good celebs going in this years, it's going to be really strange without James Jordan though.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we have date yet of when it starts.

26/27 September

you can apply for tickets here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/strictly_come_dancing_2014
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Provisional schedules say that the launch show will be shown on Sunday (the 7th) this year.
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    Provisional schedules say that the launch show will be shown on Sunday (the 7th) this year.

I've checked Radio Times online and it isn't scheduled for the Saturday because of the Tumble semi-finals so it seems it will be Sun 7th (but no time yet given).
  • Lesley_Ann_McArLesley_Ann_McAr Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's on 6.45-8pm according to Digiguide.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't they also have sort of introduction to the celebs show on the Red Button last year?
    Forum Member
    It's on 6.45-8pm according to Digiguide.

Radio Times now confirming this:
    http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/c4ny4j/strictly-come-dancing--strictly-come-dancing-2014

Remember folks that's Sunday 7th.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,978
    Forum Member
    Radio Times now confirming this:
    http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/c4ny4j/strictly-come-dancing--strictly-come-dancing-2014

Remember folks that's Sunday 7th.

I didn't realise that it was starting so soon. Exciting! :) How long between the launch show and the main series starting?
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I didn't realise that it was starting so soon. Exciting! :) How long between the launch show and the main series starting?

Main series starts with two shows - Fri 26th and Sat 27th with no elimination.
    Forum Member
    Main series starts with two shows - Fri 26th and Sat 27th with no elimination.

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that. :) Thanks for the dates. I'll make sure it's all set up on our sky box.
  • Glitter ClareGlitter Clare Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Launch Show Sunday 7th September at 8pm. Direct up against X Factor - should be interesting to see ratings :)
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With regards to clashing there is catch up so who cares.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    With regards to clashing there is catch up so who cares.

Papers only report the overnights, not the final ratings. The show that loses out in the clash will be in for a round of negative press.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Papers only report the overnights, not the final ratings. The show that loses out in the clash will be in for a round of negative press.

X Factor isnt live live for the first few weeks. I think it could be tight this year. Brucie left, Cheryl and Simon return.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    X Factor isnt live live for the first few weeks. I think it could be tight this year. Brucie left, Cheryl and Simon return.

I think Brucie gone may be a bonus. However people do love to hate Simon Cowell so that should drive X Factor figures up.

I think Strictly will edge it though by a million or so, too many ads on ITV so easier to watch on catch up.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Launch Show Sunday 7th September at 8pm. Direct up against X Factor - should be interesting to see ratings :)
    That's not what the TV listings are saying - it may be that Strictly has moved to avoid the clash, but RT is definitely saying a start time of 6:45pm, not 8pm.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    dizzie wrote: »
    That's not what the TV listings are saying - it may be that Strictly has moved to avoid the clash, but RT is definitely saying a start time of 6:45pm, not 8pm.

That was a provisional listing, 8pm is the official one. If anything, it's moved to cause a clash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Launch show details from BBC Media Centre:
    The presenters, judges, celebrities and professional dancers will all arrive on the prestigious Strictly red carpet to meet hordes of adoring fans and face the glaring flashbulbs of the nation’s photographers. There will also be a special guest appearance from Sir Bruce Forsyth himself.

Presenters Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman will welcome this year’s 15 celebrities to the Strictly studio for the very first time, before revealing which professional dance partner will have been paired with.

The audience gets the first glimpse of the celebrities’ dancing skills, as the cast of Strictly Come Dancing take to the dance floor for their very first group dance.

The show will also feature musical treats from 5 Seconds of Summer, Smokey Robinson with Imelda May, as well as a selection of dances from the Strictly Come Dancing pros. Last year's champion, Abbey Clancy and her partner Aljaz Skorjanec will also be reunited for the very last time to perform their waltz to 'Kissing You'.

The celebrities then have three weeks to train with their new partner before returning to the Strictly ballroom to perform live to the nation for the very first time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2014/36/strictly-come-dancing
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member

I'm glad they have started bringing back the current champions again for the launch show. I liked when they done it for Louis & Flavia last year and am looking forward to seeing this from Abbey & Aljaz again.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Sounds good. A nice mix of young musical guests to bring in the yoof and big name talent, which is good considering this is just for the launch show. And Abbey's Waltz was one of my favourites of hers, so that'll be nice to see... even if the choreography is still the most week one-ish that choreography can possibly be. :p
  • hippychickxxxhippychickxxx Posts: 1,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good. A nice mix of young musical guests to bring in the yoof and big name talent, which is good considering this is just for the launch show. And Abbey's Waltz was one of my favourites of hers, so that'll be nice to see... even if the choreography is still the most week one-ish that choreography can possibly be. :p

BIB i get what you mean, but i think its the simplicity of it that makes it so beautiful :)
    Forum Member
    That was a provisional listing, 8pm is the official one. If anything, it's moved to cause a clash.

They'll only be one show that I'll be watching. :)

Can't stand the X Factor...
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So next weekend is the pre recorded launch show. No dancing then next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    So next weekend is the pre recorded launch show. No dancing then next week.

Well, there'll be pro routines, but yes, the launch show is just meeting celebs/pairing them up.