People saying "He's 28 years of old".

124»

Comments

• exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I've never, ever, heard this be said before and I've been around for quite a bit now.
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never, ever, heard this be said before and I've been around for quite a bit now.

Perhaps I'm the only one doing doing much "hearing". Are people listening to pop music on the radio rather than discussions, maybe.

I'm the only one spotting these cases. Yet how many active members do we have?
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,506
    Forum Member
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm the only one doing doing much "hearing". Are people listening to pop music on the radio rather than discussions, maybe.

I'm the only one spotting these cases. Yet how many active members do we have?

Have a look here and stop being silly.

Everyone does it, occasionally. And it really doesn't matter. At all. So most people just ignore it because they know what is meant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Have a look here and stop being silly.

Everyone does it, occasionally. And it really doesn't matter. At all. So most people just ignore it because they know what is meant.

I'm not being silly. And thanks for your "contribution" but I was well aware it's a slip of the tongue.

Check back on this thread to see just how many people say they have NEVER EVER NOT NO HOW heard it said by anyone ever.

Not, that they ignore it.
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering how prevalent this heinous use if the English language is, why do you think you're the only person to have ever heard it said when it wasn't said in error?
    Do you understand why people think you're getting confused, hearing things or making things up for effect?

You're the ONLY person who hears this yet you seem to think other people have the problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering how prevalent this heinous use if the English language is, why do you think you're the only person to have ever heard it said when it wasn't said in error?
    Do you understand why people think you're getting confused, hearing things or making things up for effect?

You're the ONLY person who hears this yet you seem to think other people have the problem.

As I said, I've got a witness. And have it on sky+. There is NO hearing (imaginary) things on my part. It's everyone else that is seemingly unobservant.

What's this you are saying about "....it wasn't said in error"?

Are you confused?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I don't think I've heard anyone say that. Maybe the man made a mistake.
    Forum Member
    As I said, I've got a witness. And have it on sky+. There is NO hearing (imaginary) things on my part. It's everyone else that is seemingly unobservant.

Are you confused?

So you recorded it on Sky? Is all this really a big deal?
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    It's a bit of a non-thread really, Anyone can say anything my mistake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you confused?

Your witness is your wife, which considering how irrational you are behaving over this 'issue', I also doubt her credibility, what with her being married to you.

Posters have explained the use of the words, "years of old" as it being an error by the person speaking but you've somehow deduced it's a thing which warrants its own thread.

It may be a 'thing' but you're the only one who thinks that.

Our of interest, what was your wife's response to being called in to check a replay of someone saying this phrase? Was it boredom, amusement, incredulousness (?), or a roll of the eyeeyes followed by muttering, "dear god Jeff's at it again. "
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Never heard anyone say it, but people do make mistakes, no big deal that i can see
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,506
    Forum Member
    I'm not being silly. And thanks for your "contribution" but I was well aware it's a slip of the tongue.

Check back on this thread to see just how many people say they have NEVER EVER NOT NO HOW heard it said by anyone ever.

Not, that they ignore it.

I don't care what 'people' have said in the thread, you raised a point and I answered it with my opinion. It's just one of those slips of the tongue and if people ignore/disregard it because they know what's meant, they may not even remember it. The brain's clever like that you know, leaves room for more important facts.
    Forum Member
    It's a bit of a non-thread really, Anyone can say anything my mistake.

I see what you did there. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    I don't think I've heard anyone say that. Maybe the man made a mistake.

Of that there is no doubt - indeed the man/men did make a mistake.
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    I see what you did there. :p

:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your witness is your wife, which considering how irrational you are behaving over this 'issue', I also doubt her credibility, what with her being married to you.

Posters have explained the use of the words, "years of old" as it being an error by the person speaking but you've somehow deduced it's a thing which warrants its own thread.

It may be a 'thing' but you're the only one who thinks that.

Our of interest, what was your wife's response to being called in to check a replay of someone saying this phrase? Was it boredom, amusement, incredulousness (?), or a roll of the eyeeyes followed by muttering, "dear god Jeff's at it again. "

She finds it fascinating. What is perhaps even more fascinating is how "everyone" thinks they have never heard it said in their whole life.

Maybe if someone does it on Big Brother we'll have a break through.
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    She finds it fascinating. What is perhaps even more fascinating is how "everyone" thinks they have never heard it said in their whole life.

Maybe if someone does it on Big Brother we'll have a break through.

My be people dont find it as fascinating as you do, so something of so little importance why would anyone remember anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    My be people dont find it as fascinating as you do, so something of so little importance why would anyone remember anyway.

Post any incidents on here. Before your memory of it disappears.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Is this still going on? If it happened it was most likely just a slip of the tongue. It's not some big conspiracy
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    You have a recording, OP.? You ought to put it on YouTube or somesuch so we can all hear it.

You won't, of course, because no-one has said this. Ever. Except in your mind.

Anyway, here's something for you to enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMtuyKYFdw4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this still going on? If it happened it was most likely just a slip of the tongue. It's not some big conspiracy

We know what it is. And no one is suggesting it is even a small conspiracy. But thanks for your contribution anyway.

The odd thing is no one on this site has ever noticed - other than me.

When you do, let us know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The odd thing is no one on this site has ever noticed - other than me.

So you agree then, it's not a 'thing' i.e. something which occurs frequently, it's just an occasional slip of the tongue that you've latched on to and made it out to be a lot bigger than it is.

Phew, thank goodness we got there in the end.