What are the most frightening Horror movies?

1235»

Comments

• shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »

I'm considering reporting you - just plain mean!!!!! :eek:
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    hopwoodl wrote: »
    I'm considering reporting you - just plain mean!!!!! :eek:

Haha,,,x:D:eek:
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still can't go camping after the Blair witch project
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Stephen King stuff is scary..i do have a couple of his on dvd..he has done loads so might start to collect them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Last film I remember actually scaring me was a couple of scenes in "American Warewolf in London" (the bed in the forest scene being the main one if I remember right).

That was when I was about 13. I'm in my mid-40's now. I think I've been completely desensitized. :(

OH watched most of "Insidious" through her fingers. I chuckled most of the way through ....
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    I love these threads, particularly as it's getting close to Halloween and I can always do with suggestions of some classic DVDs to buy.

I'll echo the suggestions of...

Event Horizon
    Don't Look Down
    The Strangers - watched this on my own and despite having watched so many horror films over the years, this really affected me and I had to go and make sure all of the lights in the house were on, windows shut, doors locked etc.
    The Haunting (1963)
    egghead1 wrote: »
    Session 9
    Dark Skies
    Fourth Kind
    Original Evil Dead

So good to see Session 9 mentioned. One of my good friends mentioned that on Saturday and said how it'd freaked him out. I agree that it's a damn unsettling film and it's thanks to some excellent FMs of Digital Spy that I even knew of the film's existence.
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It takes a lot to scare me watching a movie. Last night I watched Insidious which is very good, quite scary in parts, with a jump out of the seat ending!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    MrGiles2 wrote: »
    It takes a lot to scare me watching a movie. Last night I watched Insidious which is very good, quite scary in parts, with a jump out of the seat ending!!

have you seen SInister ? that was scary :D
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The japanese version of The Ring is quite scary,

I also think The Shining, The Exorcist and The People Under The Stairs is freaky.