Options

Weird Period (men might not enjoy this...)

shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
Forum Member
So last month had my normal period, 3 days bleeding, second day heavy

4 days early I had small amount if blood in the evening, assumed coming on, but nothing after the initial pink stain on paper.
The following morning had another slight pinkness, assumed it would get more- changed my tampon in the afternoon- barely anything on it, so left tampon out thinking it would be ok, and it was no further bleeding
This morning had signs again, just now removed tampon, barely stained.

anyone had anything like this?

I have had some cramping but nothing too bad.

It just seems, well, odd!

Comments

• Options
    Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old are you? Any chance you are coming up to the menopause? Periods start doing all manner of crazy things up to a few years before the menopause. This could be one of them if your age fits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    So last month had my normal period, 3 days bleeding, second day heavy

4 days early I had small amount if blood in the evening, assumed coming on, but nothing after the initial pink stain on paper.
    The following morning had another slight pinkness, assumed it would get more- changed my tampon in the afternoon- barely anything on it, so left tampon out thinking it would be ok, and it was no further bleeding
    This morning had signs again, just now removed tampon, barely stained.

anyone had anything like this?

I have had some cramping but nothing too bad.

It just seems, well, odd!

Could you be pregnant?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have tried for a baby for longest time

I wouldn't let myself take a pregnancy test unless there was a big chance as I couldn't bear a negative

Not menopause unless it's incredibly early

Which given the above, would be catastrophic to me
  • Options
    Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be the sign of early pregnancy. My cousin had a light period at the beginning of her pregnancy and went on to to give birth to a healthy boy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first thought was pregnancy.... Any other symptoms?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No other symptoms really
    As I said a little cramping but really that's gone now
    Boobs feel fine, no more veiny then usual

I cannot explain how delighted I would be if I was pregnant
    I am however scared to test, in case I am not

I do feel like I have come on in that I keep checking thinking that I have
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never spoke to you before but I have read lots of posts you've made and I know how much it would mean to you to fall pregnant. I really hope this is your time, fingers crossed :) xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rachael. wrote: »
    I've never spoke to you before but I have read lots of posts you've made and I know how much it would mean to you to fall pregnant. I really hope this is your time, fingers crossed :) xx

Thank you xx
  • Options
    supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    I had this too ... But I've not had sex between my period last month and it happening!??

I'm putting it down to stress for me but fingers crossed it's pregnancy for you :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've periodically had things like this happen. All the signs are there it's coming, then nothing. In this case I hope it's pregnancy related for you, but otherwise sounds like nothing to worry about in the absence of other symptoms.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachael. wrote: »

Same here. I wanted to post similar, shmisk, but I didn't know how to do it to avoid stamping on your sensitivities because I've also read of your struggle and how insensitive people in your life can be. But now someone else has said it (and thank you, Rachael), I'll add my good wishes and crossed fingers. x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like implantation bleeding and early pregnancy cramps. The bugger with that can be, sometimes it's a chemical pregnancy. I haven't read your other threads, but really wish you well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In early pregnancy you can have all sorts of pains and spotting. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crossing fingers for you, too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You are all so nice!
    Thank you very much
    My fingers are crossed too
  • Options
    Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, sorry, I have not seen other posts by you otherwise I would not have mentioned about the menopause. I only mentioned it because I am going through it now and what you described (apart from the cramps) exactly fitted my experience. But, now I know you are younger, and trying for a baby, yes, it could well be pregnancy too. That feeling that you are about to come on? I had that with all my pregnancies, even after getting positive tests. Adding my crossed fingers that your dream has finally come true too. xx
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am really hoping this has an exciting ending for you Shmisk. Keep us informed and good luck. x
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aww I was hoping to come in here and hear some good news ....fingers crossed shimsk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aww I was hoping to come in here and hear some good news ....fingers crossed shimsk

shoo! this a thread for women's problems!
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    It does sound like early pregnancy, as someone else said, it could be an implantation bleed. Fingers, toes and eyes tightly crossed for you. Xx
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,651
    Forum Member
    Good luck Shmisk xx
  • Options
    saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep I had these exact symptoms when I became pregnant too.
    I definitely thought my period had arrived...had cramps and streaks of blood...just like the beginnings of coming on.
    I so hope it is good news for you, but also being cautious as I guess it could be other things too.
  • Options
    itsy bitsyitsy bitsy Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't help noticing, having just read the tea drinking thread, that you've made a comment that you have gone off the ordinary variety recently. This immediately made me think as I am an avid tea drinker, but when I was pregnant I couldn't bear the thought of it. Really, really hope this is a positive sign for you. :)
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    shoo! this a thread for women's problems!

Oh wow really ... Sorry I didn't realise this was a woman only thread way to strike a blow for equality

Once again hope it works out shimsk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow really ... Sorry I didn't realise this was a woman only thread way to strike a blow for equality

Once again hope it works out shimsk

Have you experience of pregnancy? I thought I read on another thread you were a single man in his 30s. ;-)