Try to predict which episodes you will like the most / least

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
Forum Member
✭✭
OK, it is impossible to judge episodes before you watch them, but from my experience, it is possible to predict the quality of some episodes if you know the writer, the title and some details about story. So now you can try to predict which episodes will you like and after you watch them you will be able to see how accurate you were. Just for fun! :D

Here is mine:
1. The Forest of the Night - Episode with such title can' t be bad. It sounds like a scary fairy tale, and it is exactly what I like. So it sounds like an episode specially created for me. :D Although I believe maybe this episode will be very dividing because many people don' t like kids and fairytalish stories.
2. Mummy on the Orient Express - This is the episode I am most excited about because of reference of series 5. Also, the title sounds cool
3. Deep Breath - Snowmen was one of my favorite episodes and this episode has a lot of similarities, like Paternoster Gang and Victorian London. Also, I am so exited about new Doctor and new arc.
4./5. Flatline - Missing people and graffiti sound brilliant. This could be very dark and creepy.
4./5. (tied) Listen - I liked almost all Moffat' s stories so far, so I will probably like this one as well.
6. The Finale two parter - see above. I only hope it won' t be just an action-oriented episode about Cybermen invasion. But I believe Moffat wouldn' t do that.

-

7. Into the Dalek - Most Dalek stories in new who so far wasn' t that good but I believe this one could be better. Ford is a great writer.
8. Time Heist
9. Robots of Sherwood
10./11. Kill the Moon - we know almost nothing about this one but what we know doesn' t sound very promising. But we never know.
10./11. (tied) Caretaker - Sounds like a comedy stand alone. Might be enjoying, but doesn' t sound like highlight of the season.

Comments

• Twonky2000Twonky2000 Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Yeah, okay, I'll play along. It will be interesting to compare my hunches based on general media coverage and the odd titbit with what my list will be at the end of the series. At the moment, I haven't read any leaked scripts or seen any previews or leaked episodes. But, given the odd thing I know about the episodes and what I know of my own tastes in Who, I'm thinking this might be the order - and we'll see if it's completely confounded or not:
    1. Listen
    2. Mummy on the Orient Express
    3. In the Forest of the Night
    4. The Caretaker
    5. Dark Water / Death in Heaven
    6. Deep Breath
    7. Flatline
    8. Robot of Sherwood
    9. Into the Dalek
    10. Time Heist
    11. Kill the Moon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    I can't pick a bad episode from the bunch, they all sound extremely new and epic.

However, the three that may rate highly in my favourite NuWho episodes all time are:

1. Listen
    2. Flatline
    3. In the Forest of the Night
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoa, no one seems to be expecting much from Kill The Moon. I honestly think it sounds fantastic, but to be fair they all do. The only one I'm not looking forward to that much is Robot Of Sherwood, but if it's anywhere near as enjoyable as The Crimson Horror, I'll still like it.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've changed my expectations of Robot Of Sherwood, so I don't know what to think :p

From most anticipated to least (though honestly, I can't wait to see them all :D)

1) Kill The Moon - when the title leaked some time ago, I didn't expect much. I took more notice after they moved production to Lanzarote and cast Hermione Norris. Then my interest was piqued moreso after learning that it was the Peter Harness penned episode. Today I read the synopsis and I'm so ready. Eviscerations and spider-like creatures on a suicide run to the moon? How can this not be the best thing?

2) Listen - I have heard too many intriguing reports for this episode to pass me by. I first took notice when we learnt that Moffat was writing what appeared to be a standalone episode. To me, these are the times when Moffat really shines. His own description of the episode and how he wrote it seems very different to what we have had from him on the whole. Looking forward to finding out what it's all about.

3) Dark Water / Death in Heaven - I am very weary of finales. I no longer know if they're going to answer questions or ask more of them. But I can't help but get a little bit excited at the optimistic prospect of some decent Cybermen and "proper UNIT stuff." The Nethersphere and it's Gatekeeper really intrigues me.

4) Mummy on the Orient Express - an idea I have been waiting for since the Series 5 finale. I was with those disappointed to learn that the 2010 Christmas Special wouldn't include an Egyptian Goddess loose on the Orient Express in space. Now it's in the hands of Jamie Mathieson and Paul Wilmshurst so I'm very excited.

5) The Caretaker - I cannot deny some childish enthusiasm for seeing how Peter Capaldi's Doctor attempts to integrate in to everyday life. The Lodger was an unexpected pleasure for me. To take that concept to Coal Hill School seems like the formula for enjoyable viewing.

6) Flatline - Sounds Doctor-lite to me! Filming pictures gave more away than the overview so I can't really go in to what excites me about this here. Seeing Clara go solo should be an interesting one. Much more now than it would have been in Series 7.

7) In the Forest of the Night - Overgrown London? Overgrown Planet? Frank Cottrell Boyce? Yes, please.

8) Into The Dalek - Another concept that I'm really interested to see play out. It's only so low on the list because it's playing with a familiar villain. Capaldi's Dalek debut is sure to be worth seeing, however.

9) Robot of Sherwood - Once again, episode three is down here because it's by a familiar writer and seems like a reasonably safe concept compared to much of what we have here. But that could be a really good thing. Could be a gem. Could be wonderful. Could be the best Gatiss yet. Maybe there's a reason why all the returning writers are clumped together at the start of the series. From what I hear though - it's enjoyable - and perhaps a clever slot to put it on between the Wheatley and Moffat/Ford material.

10) Time Heist - Great guest star. Very curious description. The title alone has my interest. But it's Stephen Thompson. Somehow he made Pirates and the TARDIS rather dull for me. Hopefully some kind of time travelling bank job will be his redemption.

Seems very unfair. I'm looking forward to them all in a way. I want them all to be excellent. I have faith. More faith than I've had since The Eleventh Hour. Fingers crossed! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    Whoa, no one seems to be expecting much from Kill The Moon. I honestly think it sounds fantastic, but to be fair they all do. The only one I'm not looking forward to that much is Robot Of Sherwood, but if it's anywhere near as enjoyable as The Crimson Horror, I'll still like it.

I think this is going to be the series where literally no one can bash it. Looks like they've finally struck gold in the intrigue department.
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doubtful about:

'Robot of Sherwood' - Basic concept plus Mark Gattiss.
    'Mummy on the Orient Express' - the same kind of awful, 'concept is in the title' type idea.

Other than that I'm quite open minded about it all. I'm particularly looking forward to the new writers, and particularly the episode 'Listen'.
  • David_H_93David_H_93 Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I want to love every episode but I would love it if they get better everyweek
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you can't really base much on synopses, but "Listen", "Kill the Moon" and "In the Forest of the Night" are the ones which have piqued my interest the most.

On the other hand, I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by "Robot of Sherwood" and "Mummy on the Orient Express" because their synopses make me worry that episodes will be overly silly and end up ridiculous farces.