Options

Moving - from cable to non-cable area?

clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'll have to call the VM people on this, but won't be able to for a few days ....

We're moving home, currently got VM Cable broadband and TV package.

Turns out that the location we're moving to doesn't actually have cable, even though its a much, much newer estate than where we currently live.

Will VM force us to keep paying for the full package, or would we have to go for a VM adsl connection? If I had a choice I'd terminate, but we're only 4 months into a contract. Any buying out would be relatively expensive.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    clonmult wrote: »
    I'll have to call the VM people on this, but won't be able to for a few days ....

We're moving home, currently got VM Cable broadband and TV package.

Turns out that the location we're moving to doesn't actually have cable, even though its a much, much newer estate than where we currently live.

Will VM force us to keep paying for the full package, or would we have to go for a VM adsl connection? If I had a choice I'd terminate, but we're only 4 months into a contract. Any buying out would be relatively expensive.

as long as you give them your new address and they say it's not in a cable area they should allow you to terminate your contract, they did for my dad a few years ago and from what i remember it's somewhere in the welcome pack or the t & c's. now they're offering an adsl and freeview service they may want you to switch to it but as it's a completely different service to the one you signed up for i think they'd have trouble enforcing it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Hi if you are moving to non cabled area you could take bb via bt phone line or you will have to pay for remainder of contract. This will be charged at £10 for each service you have for each month remaining. There is a maximum amount that they will charge but can't mind how much this is.