Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnmeor wrote: »
    2 weeks!

No, FIVE days!!!
  • djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let you all know that BBC will be releasing their Christmas 2010 schedule later today according to the BBC Press Office.

Source: Share in a box of delights this Christmas on the BBC - BBC Press Office
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    No, FIVE days!!!

Sorry, had too many tabs open, got confused as to which forum I was on! But am actually gonna go for '1week!!' cos that'll be when I can get it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Have just received my subscription copy for 11th to 17th. Do you think we might get the next one on time:)
  • digibladedigiblade Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »
    Can I Make a point, this is the countdown to the Christmas RT thread, not the "Christmas Schedules" Thread

If youre going to post the entire christmas schedules in here, there'll be no poiny buying the Christmas RT because i'll know everything thats on.

I thought the whole point of buying the Christmas RT was that you went through it day by day unearthing 14 days of festive treats

Dont spoil it all in advance!

The christmas Radio Times countdown thread has existed on these forums for many years and have always included a very 'general' christmas tv mini-culture feel. People are entiltled to list their shedule ideas if they want, as well posts listing 'I hope 'xxxxx' will be on this year, how many times has 'Wizard of Oz' been shown etc.

Personally, I like the fact that the thread includes these different facets. I, like many others, have had this thread bookmarked since it was created last december. I kept checking it through June and July, looked forward to reading it as we went through September and October to the really exciting bit now.

For as much as their there many posts with projected schedules which could go into the 'xmas tv listing thread', there are also (like the first reply to the above post mentioned) many posts making good points about the RT layout. Surely these could also go into the RT new layout thread by the same measure.

I welcome all posts, no matter how much of a tangent they may go off to.

CHRISTMAS RADIO TIMES LAYOUT - I posted earlier in the year on the RT layout thread that I didn't expect the BBC/RT to go with their new daytime listing 'column' for the main xmas days. I still don't think they will, despite the email reply from RT previously posted. Their xmas dyatime schedules have cost too much to relegate to a few inches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digiblade wrote: »
    The christmas Radio Times countdown thread has existed on these forums for many years and have always included a very 'general' christmas tv mini-culture feel. People are entiltled to list their shedule ideas if they want, as well posts listing 'I hope 'xxxxx' will be on this year, how many times has 'Wizard of Oz' been shown etc.

Personally, I like the fact that the thread includes these different facets. I, like many others, have had this thread bookmarked since it was created last december. I kept checking it through June and July, looked forward to reading it as we went through September and October to the really exciting bit now.

For as much as their there many posts with projected schedules which could go into the 'xmas tv listing thread', there are also (like the first reply to the above post mentioned) many posts making good points about the RT layout. Surely these could also go into the RT new layout thread by the same measure.

I welcome all posts, no matter how much of a tangent they may go off to.

CHRISTMAS RADIO TIMES LAYOUT - I posted earlier in the year on the RT layout thread that I didn't expect the BBC/RT to go with their new daytime listing 'column' for the main xmas days. I still don't think they will, despite the email reply from RT previously posted. Their xmas dyatime schedules have cost too much to relegate to a few inches.

What he said - !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    angsla wrote: »
    Have just received my subscription copy for 11th to 17th. Do you think we might get the next one on time:)

Ys just got mine 2 days early again, 2nd issue in a row. Hoping that like last year, i get the double issue delivered on Saturday.
    Forum Member
    keith99 wrote: »
    Ys just got mine 2 days early again, 2nd issue in a row. Hoping that like last year, i get the double issue delivered on Saturday.

We can only hope. :)
    Forum Member
    We can only hope. :)

thinking about it. if thats the case we might get it thursday.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    thinking about it. if thats the case we might get it thursday.:D

That really is wishful thinking.

Just been to get my paper at local Tesco Express and they are still selling mags for 27 Nov-3 Dec, with the issues due out last saturday nowhere to be seen. There is so much inconsistency with retailers its unbelievable.
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member

Mine arrived this morning as well and as it has a Doctor Who cover I think we can safely assume that the Christmas issue won't!
    Forum Member

Just been to get my paper at local Tesco Express and they are still selling mags for 27 Nov-3 Dec, with the issues due out last saturday nowhere to be seen. There is so much inconsistency with retailers its unbelievable.

i know but doesnt hurt to wish. i'm surprised we are getting them early never mind on time;)
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The argument retailers use is that "having more than current issue on sale is confusing for customers and they may inadvertently purchase the wrong copy or a copy for the week that they did not require."

Pathetic really. Where I work, on Saturday, we took all the old copies off and put the new ones out. If people noticed it was the wrong issue we just fetched them an old one from the back. Most people just said "Oh I forget that they bring these out early. I guess it'll be the Christmas issue soon then!"

Let's face it, customers who purchase TV Listings mags are aware of what copy they have and are actually able to read! Therefore the large font stating the period the mag covers will have been read by the person buying it.

It is insulting for large retailers to assume their customers are easily confused or thick by holding back the copy they SHOULD be displaying in order to prevent us all from being so disorientated and confused!
    Forum Member
    The argument retailers use is that "having more than current issue on sale is confusing for customers and they may inadvertently purchase the wrong copy or a copy for the week that they did not require."

Pathetic really. Where I work, on Saturday, we took all the old copies off and put the new ones out. If people noticed it was the wrong issue we just fetched them an old one from the back. Most people just said "Oh I forget that they bring these out early. I guess it'll be the Christmas issue soon then!"

Let's face it, customers who purchase TV Listings mags are aware of what copy they have and are actually able to read! Therefore the large font stating the period the mag covers will have been read by the person buying it.

It is insulting for large retailers to assume their customers are easily confused or thick by holding back the copy they SHOULD be displaying in order to prevent us all from being so disorientated and confused!

I agree
  • marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its Tuesday today so the 4th - 11 should be on sale no matter what
    Forum Member
    According to the RT that I received today the Christmas issue will have 280 pages (That's a whole 4 more than last year!)
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And the retailers who fail to put the December issues on sale on the correct dates end up scratching their heads when no-one buys the Christmas double issue from them because they've already bought it elsewhere!

Had another RT in the post today, but I suspect the next one won't arrive until the middle of next week.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sick of him ruling the covers:(
    Forum Member

That's not the Christmas issue though, it's the 11th-17th December issue.

Expect a festive cover on the Christmas issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shows the state of ITV when you know you only need the BBC press release to plan your Xmas viewing, in full knowledge there will be pretty much nothing at all on ITV to watch over the festive season :(
  • djonshoredjonshore Posts: 4,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay.. Just gone through what has been confirmed from BBC one for Christmas Day and Boxing Day, which looks like this:

BBC one
    Christmas Day

10:00 - 11:00 Christmas Day Morning Service
    14:00 - 15:00 Top of the Pops
    15:00 - 15:10 The Queen
    18:00 - 19:00 Doctor Who – A Christmas Carol
    19:00 - 20:00 Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special
    20:00 - 21:00 EastEnders
    21:00 - 22:00 The Royle Family – Joe's Crackers
    22:00 - 22:30 Come Fly With Me
    22:45 - 22:50 Christmas Message – Christmas Night

Boxing Day

17:15 - 18:00 Boxing Day Big Sing
    20:30 - 21:00 EastEnders
    21:00 - 22:00 Upstairs Downstairs – The Fledgling
    22:15 - 23:45 Match Of The Day
    Forum Member
    We have 30cms of snow where I am and have had no post for 2 days, not expecting to get the RT on the due date and don't suppose many of the shops will either!