Could I be pregnant or just panicking?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm at my wits end. My last period was at the beginning of February, I missed a couple of pills so (stupidly) decided to take a break from them after the last time I saw my partner. I've the most horrible lower back pain, nausea, some headaches and feeling pretty emotional (just cried my way through an episode of Morecambe and Wise, I never cry at anything:blush:). However I have done a few tests now, all cheapies from Home Bargains, and they are all negative. I'm not hoping to be pregnant, but I do feel like I'm going crazy! I feel so rubbish, I'm two weeks late, what could it be?

Comments

• frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    If the tests are negative then you're probably not pregnant. Maybe though see the GP and be reassured from them?

(BTW having sex, even with contraception, risks pregnancy, but I would say just what you put here and having done tests that the likelihood is negative and it may be hormones from stopping the pill that are making you weepy).
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you've taken several tests I would say that your are probably not pregnant. If you are still unsure try again in 7 days as it came take time for the hormone to appear. Speaking from personal experience, Ive been on the pill 12 years, about 6 months ago I missed a period completely, I took a test and it was negative. I went to my doctor and they said sometimes these things do happen and advised I tested 2 weeks later and go from there, 2 weeks later I got negative again and then a week after I came on. These things can happen.

Most important of all DONT WORRY as this makes it worse!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I know I'm probably worrying over nothing, it's just I haven't felt like this since I was last pregnant, adding to the fact I've been having a period every three to four weeks over the past few months, obviously it's just making me that more anxious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I did have a tiny bleed about a week and a half ago, lasted about an hour tops, never had that before.
  • Avi8Avi8 Posts: 3,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lower back pain and nausea could be a sign of something else, eg kidney infection. And an infection, could, in turn, be the reason your period hasn't happened. Have these symptoms come on suddenly or gradually?
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the tests are negative then you're probably not pregnant. Maybe though see the GP and be reassured from them?

(BTW having sex, even with contraception, risks pregnancy, but I would say just what you put here and having done tests that the likelihood is negative and it may be hormones from stopping the pill that are making you weepy).

False negatives are quite common with this kind of pregnancy test, so your advice to see a GP is probably best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avi8 wrote: »
    Lower back pain and nausea could be a sign of something else, eg kidney infection. And an infection, could, in turn, be the reason your period hasn't happened. Have these symptoms come on suddenly or gradually?
    I was thinking that as well, however I went through a period of constant UTI and it's not really the same. No pain when I wee, no sudden urges to 'go' and no bad wee smell/colour. Symptoms started aalmost 2 weeks ago, had a bad cramp whilst shopping (thought my period was starting), then had a few days of pms-y symptoms. Had the tinsiest bleed, then nothing. Over the weekend the bad back pain started, today the nausea was so bad I was actually sick but felt a bit better since. Haven't had a kidney infection for about 2 years now, probably well over due for one :p
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A "tiny bleed" could be an implantation bleed. Get yourself off to the doctor for another test. Yes, you're panicking (understandably), yes you could be pregnant, so just go and find out.
  • frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    Oh, I did have a tiny bleed about a week and a half ago, lasted about an hour tops, never had that before.
    I was thinking that as well, however I went through a period of constant UTI and it's not really the same. No pain when I wee, no sudden urges to 'go' and no bad wee smell/colour. Symptoms started aalmost 2 weeks ago, had a bad cramp whilst shopping (thought my period was starting), then had a few days of pms-y symptoms. Had the tinsiest bleed, then nothing. Over the weekend the bad back pain started, today the nausea was so bad I was actually sick but felt a bit better since. Haven't had a kidney infection for about 2 years now, probably well over due for one :p

Hmmm, I would def, now you've posted this info, see the GP. Could be nothing, could be something. GP best person to ask!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers guys, will go tomorrow and keep you all updated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UTI is the winner, thank goodness. Another neg test at the doctors, however my wee sample resembled Lucozade (sorry people eating lunch). A few days antibiotics and hopefully that will be that. Really unfair being a girl sometimes :p.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UTI is the winner, thank goodness. Another neg test at the doctors, however my wee sample resembled Lucozade (sorry people eating lunch). A few days antibiotics and hopefully that will be that. Really unfair being a girl sometimes :p.

Glad its been sorted out for you :)