Jessie J feat. Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj - Bang Bang

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
Forum Member
This is the first single from her new album released on 29th July. I'm looking forward to hearing it and seeing what direction this song takes.

The artwork is also in the link.

Bang Bang http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/jessie-j-announces-new-single-bang-bang-3130/

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    This could be a song to rival Lady Marmalade looking at the lineup, omg.

Thank god that Jessie's team are putting more money into her now that album 2 underperformed.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that was wrong with Wild was all the features imo. Sounds like she's making the same mistake here if you ask me. I'll hold off judgment until I hear the song though.

I really want to love album 3 as much as I did Who You Are
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could be a song to rival Lady Marmalade looking at the lineup, omg.

Thank god that Jessie's team are putting more money into her now that album 2 underperformed.

:o:o..... really?

Frankly, having both Jessie J and Nicki Minaj together on one song is one of my worst nightmares.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicki Minaj is getting to almost Pitbull levels of "featuring" on other people's work ..

Actually, what would happen if Minaj and Pitbull collaborated ?

Would it be the first record every to have two 'featuring' artists and no lead ?

Interested to hear this new one from Jessie though.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I thought her latest record was tripe and I was of the opinion that she was gone forever but this single is a guaranteed smash even if it's just average..
  • ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting trio, I am actually intrigued as to how this song is gonna go....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm predicting it'll be surprisingly pleasant or shockingly bad.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought her latest record was tripe and I was of the opinion that she was gone forever but this single is a guaranteed smash even if it's just average..

How so? I'm pretty sure people expected that the singles from her second album would be smashes too but they really weren't. I can see why people quickly became burned out on her though, given the endless hype to make her seem bigger than she was.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    If this is another song like wild I won't like it.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    How so? I'm pretty sure people expected that the singles from her second album would be smashes too but they really weren't. I can see why people quickly became burned out on her though, given the endless hype to make her seem bigger than she was.

Apart from the lead single Wild which was a great pop song and deserved smash, all the other singles released from the 2nd album were weak imo. That's what went wrong, picked the wrong songs as singles. That Thunder song for example was complete pants. How many songs did she release as singles after Wild? Did she even do any promo for them?
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    Interesting trio, I am actually intrigued as to how this song is gonna go....

According to John Basedow (fitness guru, Youtuber, entertainment reporter blah blah) its expected that this will be song of the summer

I have my doubts, and has they're been a summer anthem yet for this year?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Why does it take 3 people for a song nowadays..1 feature is enough!
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised of the three that its Jessie J who appears to be the main artist on the song; I wouldn'tve thought she'd be able to afford two featuring guest slots on one of her songs; unless it actually is a 3-way collab.

Must've got Grande just before she blew up; but I'm still surprised that she could afford Minaj, arguably the biggest female rapper around at the minute and still one of the most recognizable rappers in pop. Jessie J's not exactly an international pop heavyweight...
  • Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't WAIT to hear this! I reckon if it's a good enough tune it'll be a SMASH! What with Ariana who's on fire at the moment and Nicki who's just about to release a new album, it'll do Jessie some good :)
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    l like how the press release for this acts like Alive never existed.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO opinion the issue with her second album was poor single choices and basically more of the same. Her first album was rubbish and she repeated the mistakes on her second.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    IMO opinion the issue with her second album was poor single choices and basically more of the same. Her first album was rubbish and she repeated the mistakes on her second.

I don't think her first album was rubbish at all, it sold well and it had good sound. Her second album flopped because songs like Wild and It's My Party were released as the first and second singles which were obviously not going to sell well. Also Jessie's likability was declining due to her being as judge on the Voice and she put people off due to her personality.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised of the three that its Jessie J who appears to be the main artist on the song; I wouldn'tve thought she'd be able to afford two featuring guest slots on one of her songs; unless it actually is a 3-way collab.

Must've got Grande just before she blew up; but I'm still surprised that she could afford Minaj, arguably the biggest female rapper around at the minute and still one of the most recognizable rappers in pop. Jessie J's not exactly an international pop heavyweight...

Ariana got famous last year (in the music world) with The Way though.

I don't find this collaboration strange. Jessie J had success all over the world, especially with her first album. Nicki and Ariana both collaborate with people less famous than her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    A snippet of the song has been released but I'm not too sure on it as it sounds too Pharrell-esque but we'll see how the full song turns out.

Bang Bang Snippet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    A snippet of the song has been released but I'm not too sure on it as it sounds too Pharrell-esque but we'll see how the full song turns out.

Bang Bang Snippet

He probably produced it. He and Jessie were working together a few months ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bang Bang Snippet

Her voice even more annoying than I remember
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

Bang Bang Snippet

oh please lord no Pharrell !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with Pharrell? He's one of the most talented and hard working producers of this generation. He's been putting out hits for the last twenty years.