Options

Unpopular TV opinions

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Spitting Image wasn't funny, it was just unpleasant and the puppets didn't look much like the victims they were supposed to represent. The oft vaunted idea of bringing it back is a terrible one.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the height of Neighbours popularity in 1988 I called the programme a load of badly acted, badly made junk. Didn't go down well in the common room( it was amazing how popular this drivel was with students, some kind of irony factor).
    Also at school I was in a small minority of people who didn't find The Young Ones funny.
    Well actually I've always been a bit of an outsider, I come from Tyneside and have zero interest in football, to the point I don't even watch England play, and would much rather watch a BBC Four documentary than a mass appeal show on BBC One.
  • Options
    Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spitting Image wasn't funny, it was just unpleasant and the puppets didn't look much like the victims they were supposed to represent. The oft vaunted idea of bringing it back is a terrible one.

it was funny cause they took the p*** out politicians
  • Options
    JaggySplintersJaggySplinters Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Noel Edmonds makes Deal unwatchable for me. He is so desperate to make it HIS show, he is rude and touchy with competitors, gets really annoyed and bitchy at times and doesn't try to hide his contempt for people he appears to deem beneath him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noel Edmonds makes Deal unwatchable for me. He is so desperate to make it HIS show, he is rude and touchy with competitors, gets really annoyed and bitchy at times and doesn't try to hide his contempt for people he appears to deem beneath him.

It's the Noel Edmonds show, where the contestants are bullied and harassed by this poltroon who has a very high opinion of himself and considers his game show to be on a par with Brideshead Revisited. It is merely harassed misfits opening boxes and giving their life stories.
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originality, excellence, quality. I think Noel's House party.
  • Options
    Dextor_MorganDextor_Morgan Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eggheads is the most boring quiz show of all time.

Friends is still funnier than half the 'so called' sit comms produced today.
  • Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    At the height of Neighbours popularity in 1988 I called the programme a load of badly acted, badly made junk. Didn't go down well in the common room( it was amazing how popular this drivel was with students, some kind of irony factor).
    Also at school I was in a small minority of people who didn't find The Young Ones funny.
    Well actually I've always been a bit of an outsider, I come from Tyneside and have zero interest in football, to the point I don't even watch England play, and would much rather watch a BBC Four documentary than a mass appeal show on BBC One.

I totally agree about the young ones my friend. that show was, and still is, absolute tripe. It has also badly dated.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - I really couldn't get into Breaking Bad. Maybe the other 4 seasons get better, but I watched the entire 1st season and it just didn't hold my interest

- The Voice is the only TV talent show worth watching.

- Big Bang Theory just isn't funny. At all. Leonard, Raj and Penny are all completely unlikeable characters.

- QI and Have I Got News For You are the 2 worst panel shows on TV. Never seen the appeal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may as well throw my two penny worth in.

Downton Abbey - will never see this 'drama' as anything but a badly written, cliche ridden, lazy load of old cobblers. Poor old Maggie Smith is wasted in this. The best thing about it by far, and they just bring her on to spout a few acidic quips. she is worth so much better than this. Gave up on it after series one.

Doctor Who- This cheesy kids show got a make-over about 10 years ago ( ie better fx) and all of a sudden it's one of the BBC's flagship shows. Um no, it is still a cheesy show, that is waaaay overrated. Worst of all it has become in recent years a Christmas tradition>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eggheads is the most boring quiz show of all time.

Friends is still funnier than half the 'so called' sit comms produced today.

I agree about Eggheads, it just seems to be on non stop for years on end. Also I don't like The Chase, same old comments and same old chasers.
    One of my biggest dislikes is Emmerdale, it looks like it's filmed on a budget of ten quid and the acting makes Neighbours in 1989 look good. I once said this to a fan and she blew her top.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Keith Lemon.
    I like Claudia Winkleman.

As for eggheads, the new one needs to practice her convincing aloof face and her general knowledge.
    Well at least the first 2 are unpopular views ?
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dads Army is unfunny rubbish. Im too young to have watched it first time round but have tried many times to get into the repeats but I just cant. I love lots of 60's and 70's comedy but just cant stand this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Dads Army is unfunny rubbish. Im too young to have watched it first time round but have tried many times to get into the repeats but I just cant. I love lots of 60's and 70's comedy but just cant stand this.

Oh i am so with you on this. It has been repeated on BBC2 on a Saturday night for about 20 years to my knowledge. God knows why. There are so much better sitcoms of the period that could do with a repeat. it's well acted admittedly, but so tedious and predictable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of the seventies sitcoms, The Liver Birds has dated the worst. It's just so dated with references to pre marital sex and the permissive society and then develops a boring, preachy tone about animal rights and feminism that only Carla Lane could do. It mustn't have been that funny first time round.
  • Options
    seagull_Markseagull_Mark Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like ITV's football coverage.

I also really enjoy The One Show. I'm the viewer you've been searching for keeping the programme on air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Of the seventies sitcoms, The Liver Birds has dated the worst. It's just so dated with references to pre marital sex and the permissive society and then develops a boring, preachy tone about animal rights and feminism that only Carla Lane could do. It mustn't have been that funny first time round.

carla Lane's career is a mystery to me. The Liver Birds, Butterflies, Luv, Bread found them all very unfunny. Soppy, insipid comedy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    carla Lane's career is a mystery to me. The Liver Birds, Butterflies, Luv, Bread found them all very unfunny. Soppy, insipid comedy.

I wholeheartedly agree. More like weak miserable dramas with some of the characters 'quirks' turned up a little bit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's too few presenters on Countryfile, how they can do an hour programme with only 5 is nothing less than a miracle.
  • Options
    oranges71oranges71 Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found Fawlty Towers and Rising Damp mildly amusing but cannot fathom why they are so highly regarded.

From the odd clip I saw, I absolutely loathed Friends. Also can not understand the love for Seinfeld and Frasier. Intelligent comedy my eye. Tedious and uninteresting 'comedy'.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oranges71 wrote: »
    I found Fawlty Towers and Rising Damp mildly amusing but cannot fathom why they are so highly regarded.

From the odd clip I saw, I absolutely loathed Friends. Also can not understand the love for Seinfeld and Frasier. Intelligent comedy my eye. Tedious and uninteresting 'comedy'.

Do you crack a smile at anything Mr. Grumpy-Pants ?
  • Options
    RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    Do you crack a smile at anything Mr. Grumpy-Pants ?

I think you might have missed the whole point of this thread......
  • Options
    floyd3592floyd3592 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Doctor Who ran out of ideas about twenty five years ago and has been utter nonsensical rubbish ever since.

I've tidied it for u.
  • Options
    Blowpop27Blowpop27 Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I liked the ending to LOST.

Tommy Cooper gives me the creeps and I don't find him funny in the slightest.
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oranges71 wrote: »
    With Cheers and Becker being the two most notable exceptions, I usually find that programmes with single word titles are failures. Ones named after the lead character even more so.
    Single words are meant to make the programme sound "punchier" (or easier for the dim-witted to remember) - if you need that, you can't have much else. Eponymous programmes show a lamentable lack of imagination in their naming: a fault that is frequently apparent in the dull and boring content. They also tend to only be about that one character: somewhat narcissistic and self-absorbed.