Dancing Bucket List - Steps to do before you kick it!

The other day one of my fellow posters mentioned that they had added something dance related onto their bucket list, something they had to achieve before they couldn't do it anymore.

Who else has stuff that they have promised themselves they will do before they opportunity passes on?

I will put my first ones

first actually take a lesson, and second I would like to learn mambo, oh and I would love to go to Cuba which is kind of dance related.

additionally be fit enough to master a jive action.

Ok, that me - now you - go!! :D

Comments

• goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to learn the rumba or rhumba - it's slow enough for there to be some chance of me actually remembering the steps.

Just for the hell of it I'd love to do a paso to something by Jon Bon Jov - thinking here of 'You Give Love A Bad Name' - that ranks with my one time fantasy of being a female rock guitarist.

When I'm a very old I'd like to be very lady-like and go to Tea Dances so I can foxtrot and waltz in lovely flowery dresses and with distinguished (and rich) old guys.

ps Have done all the free style I want at Rock Festivals in the past - mud and dust as the dance floors.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    I'd like to learn the rumba or rhumba - it's slow enough for there to be some chance of me actually remembering the steps.

Just for the hell of it I'd love to do a paso to something by Jon Bon Jov - thinking here of 'You Give Love A Bad Name' - that ranks with my one time fantasy of being a female rock guitarist.

When I'm a very old I'd like to be very lady-like and go to Tea Dances so I can foxtrot and waltz in lovely flowery dresses and with distinguished (and rich) old guys.

ps Have done all the free style I want at Rock Festivals in the past - mud and dust as the dance floors.....

I don't mean like Ashley and Ola's dance - something like a French Apache /Paso
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member

QUOTE]

I love this, but you could start on the flowery dresses early, I don't think anyone will stop you!! I'd like to go to a tea dance, that would be fab!
  • yosemitesamyosemitesam Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vienna, a palace ballroom, a beautiful ballgown, Colin Firth in white tie and tails, and a perfect waltz danced beneath crystal chandeliers.

OK, I might have to skip the Colin Firth part,but the rest would be way up on my bucket list.
    Forum Member
    Vienna, a palace ballroom, a beautiful ballgown, Colin Firth in white tie and tails, and a perfect waltz danced beneath crystal chandeliers.

OK, I might have to skip the Colin Firth part,but the rest would be way up on my bucket list.

Sounds very Pride & Prejudice, the Waltz was just starting to happen about then...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No never skip Colin Firth - skip with him yes - maybe in a polka ;)
    What a lovely picture you paint :)
  • QueeniejeanQueeniejean Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    No never skip Colin Firth - skip with him yes - maybe in a polka ;)
    What a lovely picture you paint :)

Grimsby, a family run dance school,Kevin in his glasses spending hours teaching me a passionate Tango. Fish & chips afterwards,Heaven.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    I danced as a child and was actually paid to dance a few times (until they found out my age!) but I would like to learn, with my partner, a properly dramatic Tango, a romantic VW and some Salsa.

We don't appear to have any mature dance classes around here, sadly, as it's great for fitness and the gym bores me rigid.
  • dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    For me, the type of dance doesn't matter- it's having a partner you're perfectly in tune with that leaves an indelible memory. In ten years of off and on dancing, (more off than on)I've had three unforgettable moments and two of those were with very average dancers, but our styles just matched. The very best was a jive/lindyhop at The 100 Club in London with a man in his 60s; I'm an extremely average dancer, but as he gradually got the measure of what I could do, we had one of those Hollywood moments where people began to make a space on the dance floor as he began to do the various lifts. By the end of our 2 dances my friends were applauding. I've never danced so well before or since! Completely thrilling and it's what you see in the celebrities when they're wide-eyed and overwhelmed after a lovely dance, regardless of the judges' scores.
    Forum Member
    For me, the type of dance doesn't matter- it's having a partner you're perfectly in tune with that leaves an indelible memory. In ten years of off and on dancing, (more off than on)I've had three unforgettable moments and two of those were with very average dancers, but our styles just matched. The very best was a jive/lindyhop at The 100 Club in London with a man in his 60s; I'm an extremely average dancer, but as he gradually got the measure of what I could do, we had one of those Hollywood moments where people began to make a space on the dance floor as he began to do the various lifts. By the end of our 2 dances my friends were applauding. I've never danced so well before or since! Completely thrilling and it's what you see in the celebrities when they're wide-eyed and overwhelmed after a lovely dance, regardless of the judges' scores.

That's a lovely story, I think that happens in life too, just some people bring out the best in one another :)