✭✭✭
    Bizman wrote: »
    Mostly radio channels, LCN712-717.

Swapping muxes with Quest +1
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    The DSO event being broadcast is for 15:30.
    albertd wrote: »
    What is happening today is nothing to do with DSO. The DSO period totally finished on 24 October 2012 when the last of the analogue transmitters closed in Ulster.

Today's event is a rearrangement of some of the numbers and may be ignored completely if you are happy to stick with the existing numbers.
    Yes I am fully aware of that and that it can be ignored for most transmitters. By 'event' I am referring to the signal that gets broadcast that on some recorders setup as a hidden event in their recording schedule. Elsewhere (on hummy.tv) others still refer to it as a 'DSO event' as that is where it first observed. Rather than invent a new term I just used the same terminology that they do.

For some Humax recorders on some versions of software unfortunately the software does not allow the recorder not to be retuned as it will forever keep on coming up with a nag pop-up until it is retuned.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Apart from some channels that are swapping muxes of course.
    That has already happened, there are no further moves expected today.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    That has already happened, there are no further moves expected today.

Except that the "new" positions will have ended up in the 800's for some (many?) boxes that have already added those changes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Except that the "new" positions will have ended up in the 800's for some (many?) boxes that have already added those changes.
    That's true, happened on my newest set and I had to frig around to get them in the right place - even a full rescan (which I've never had to do on that set before) didn't shift them. I've yet to work out how to do a proper "first time" scan on that set.
  • Fred_MerrillFred_Merrill Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Only time you listen to radio stations on Freeview is on holiday in the UK. Rest of the time you listen online.

No you don't. I like many other listeners have hooked the tv to an av amplifier to take full advantage of radio audio signal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No you don't. I like many other listeners have hooked the tv to an av amplifier to take full advantage of radio audio signal.
    Unfortunately it is now mostly inferior to what you would get if you hooked up your PC and listened online.
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even with the best sources, radio rarely sounds good anyway. Way too much dynamic range compression (as if modern recordings needed any more of that), unless you're listening to BBC Radio 2 or something.
  • jobbie8jobbie8 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just returned my 2 Sony TV's and I'm getting STV instead of Tyne Tees South. I'm in Cleveland on Pontop Pike but my 2 LG's are showing Tyne Tees. I have never had that before. I can now get Made in Tyne and Wear on channel 8. I'm over 125 miles away from the Scottish border
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Regarding ITVBe, what they may do is what they did on a previous occasion they needed space for a new channel on SDN - cut ITV2 +1 back to evenings-only timeshared with CITV (if you recall, it was part-time for a bit 'til they wedged in an extra video stream to bring it back full-time) and use the current ITV2 +1 capacity for ITVBe. If they want to keep LCNs alive for ITV3 +1/ITV4 +1 placeholders, there's 3am-6am spaces to keep them going in the interim - one after Jackpot247 airs on 39 (the current ITV4 +1), and IIRC there's another space 3-6am in the Jewellery Channel/True Entertainment/Xpanded cluster (unless that's changed and TJC or TE has returned to broadcasting 3-6am content)...
    There is a placeholder for ITVBe on channel 26 stating it will be launching on Wednesday October 8th.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jobbie8 wrote: »
    Just returned my 2 Sony TV's and I'm getting STV instead of Tyne Tees South. I'm in Cleveland on Pontop Pike but my 2 LG's are showing Tyne Tees. I have never had that before. I can now get Made in Tyne and Wear on channel 8. I'm over 125 miles away from the Scottish border

Yes I wonder how many will find the wrong news after retune as here its South East that comes up or London and aerial is not even pointed at these.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I need to do a full system reset and/or adjust the thing on the roof to receive Tyne and Wear TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    Anyone else getting the problem of the radio audio dropping out when the MHEG loads for the channels moved to ARQ A?
    For those not following the other thread, this has been fixed today.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    I'd have expected them to add that at the same time if they were going to.

Obviously, yes. But why break it up into two separate changes before the "big one". Why not do it all on the same day? Adding POP+1 on 76 when it is going to move in two days and most likely before it starts broadcasting is just weird. Why not hold out for two days and do the mux move combined with the new LCN? TBA on 136 - why add it a week before the changes on the new LCN, when they clearly can't even use the real name?

There's not a single change there (and last week) that couldn't have waited until the 3rd.

It's presumably two technical changes though - one involving linking many new audio streams into the various multiplexes (and as we have seen one that got cocked up with Smooth going out under the Magic label!) and one that changes a few LCNs and trivial data streams - it also gives confidence in the streams actually working when needed.

As for POP+1 being on 76 before moving to 136 that is weird - going straight on 136 would have made more sense! The CBS Action holding slate is also daft - surely it could have been put on 70 with the MHEG saying "CBBC now on channel 120, CBS Action Coming Soon".

One thing which is rather irritating is that when doing a tune on my Humax I can't tell which the old and new services (they don't show the LCN in the tuning menus) are so I ended up with half the channels from the old COM6 allocations and half on the new COM5 - relabelling the old services "was Magic" or "retune for Magic" like they do on DAB would have been helpful so I could have deleted the junk on the tuning menus!
  • eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote: »
    As for POP+1 being on 76 before moving to 136 that is weird - going straight on 136 would have made more sense! The CBS Action holding slate is also daft - surely it could have been put on 70 with the MHEG saying "CBBC now on channel 120, CBS Action Coming Soon".

Pop +1 already had LCN 76 from broadcasting on the GImux. There's probably a very good reason why it had to keep using that LCN for three days when it switched multiplexes.

CBS Action is on a completely different multiplex to CBBC - one which isn't available everywhere. Hence, they can't have an MPEG as you describe - as it won't be visible in Freeview Lite areas. Selective broadcasts per transmitter isn't really practical, if even possible (anyone know?).
  • MagnamundianMagnamundian Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any particular reason why 301 has moved to 601?

Potential new category of channel being added to 300's later?
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

300-599 are for internet channels not delivered by Freeview (e.g. YouView) who's previous allocation is running out of space.
  • technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because the range 300 to 599 is for IP delivered services
    Se schd 2 of digital uk EPG policy
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/86814/Digital_UK_LCN_Policy_v5.3_040714.pdf
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little reminder, just to say that the old Red Button 1 (301) has their EPG info saying it'll be removed on Wednesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little reminder, just to say that the old Red Button 1 (301) has their EPG info saying it'll be removed on Wednesday.
    Along with all the other placeholders in the 70s and 80s. It doesn't really matter as they are not broadcasting anything other than a message.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Blackhill. Got a notification on my TV to retune. Eventually all the old channel placeholders have been removed
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a message on my samsung saying the provider changed channel and had to retune again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Likewise on my Samsung Smart TV, receiving from Rowridge - the message only appeared very briefly, though - only just long enough to read it.
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe worthy of the Changelog thread (if they so wish), but when did KISS (713) change to lower case on the EPG, and become 'Kiss'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when did KISS (713) change to lower case on the EPG, and become 'Kiss'?
    Quite recently I think and I don't know why they've done it - it's still KISSSTORY and KISS FRESH and the KISS logo is still upper-case.