Options

The Apprentice 2012 ( BBC1)

Comments

• Options
    SydneyHedgehogSydneyHedgehog Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rwebster wrote: »
    I mean, Tom didn't reach the final boardroom until week 8, and didn't get called back by a project manager until week 9 - .

That means nothing. You keep your head down and hide amongst the crowd, its pretty easy to stay out of the firing line.
  • Options
    k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Ricky is obviously the Baggs of this series, expect Sugar to carry him all the way to the end, also is anyone else getting Lorraine vibes from Jane?

I'm calling Bilyana to be the traditional 'gamebot female that just misses the final' ala Debra, Joanna and Melody, she's probably my favourite on first impressions.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I am so happy this is back on our sets.

Just to see these oh so amazingly talented wonders fall flat on their faces, is ALMOST worth the license fee alone.

Let battle commence............:D
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh. Sticking with the investment malarkey, think i will give it a miss this year then.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Well, I am so happy this is back on our sets.

Just to see these oh so amazingly talented wonders fall flat on their faces, is ALMOST worth the license fee alone.

Let battle commence............:D

It's worth the licence fee to see Harry Hill doing 'The Apprentice in a Nutshell'. Just cracks me up. :D:D
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    That means nothing. You keep your head down and hide amongst the crowd, its pretty easy to stay out of the firing line.

But Tom DIDN'T keep his head down..... he was pretty visible in all the tasks, and LS commented on the fact that he hadn't been on a winning team several times whilst in the boardroom.

The fact that the losing PM didn't bring him in until they almost had no choice in the matter shows that the team leaders didn't think he was responsible for the failures either.

If anyone flew below the radar the last series it was Helen - unlike the other 3 finalists she had a very low profile throughout - we saw lots of Tom, Jim and Susan all the way through - but Helen was a shadow in the background except when she was PM.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    If you can't wait till tonight, here's a super-secret clip from the new series...

http://youtu.be/0ja3qP1sMbs ;)

Seriously though, very much looking forward to it - although I do hope they solve the prob of the final invention/investment proposal - it was pretty rushed through last time, wasn't really clear how much it affected things and then Lord Sugar didn't take on any of the ideas anyway! Still a hugely watchable show though - Roll on tonight! :)

Henry :)
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC there are only 3 people over 30 amongst this lot and they’re only just over. As the “Apprentice” is now no such thing it seems somewhat ridiculous to hold onto this age embargo when in fact people slightly older with more first-hand experience would not only have better business plans for Sugar to put money into but would also avoid the accusation that the contestants are just blow-hard, arrogant young idiots chosen for their comedy/irritation value. Or is that really all the BBC want......?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to it - always makes me smile. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    IIRC there are only 3 people over 30 amongst this lot and they’re only just over. As the “Apprentice” is now no such thing it seems somewhat ridiculous to hold onto this age embargo when in fact people slightly older with more first-hand experience would not only have better business plans for Sugar to put money into but would also avoid the accusation that the contestants are just blow-hard, arrogant young idiots chosen for their comedy/irritation value. Or is that really all the BBC want......?

Basically, yes. I think most people now watch it for the prattfalls.
  • Options
    pward1965pward1965 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Or is that really all the BBC want......?

The BBC want to make a programme that's entertaining enough to attract decent ratings and that's what The Apprentice is, entertainment.

It's flawed and isn't really accurately named any more. Last season the tasks seemed somewhat irrelevant bearing in mind the winner didn't do particularly well in the tasks.

Despite all this we will give it another go, if only to watch the engineered clashes of egos.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely LOVE this show :D It's one of my favourite shows of the year! Roll on tonight.
  • Options
    4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope we get one who thinks they're a "brand" ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rwebster wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea why people keep saying the first eleven weeks don't matter, given that they dictate which candidates get the opportunity to pitch their ideas at all. That's huge. That matters. Massively.

Depends if you believe that Sir Alan (or his advisers) really don't see the business proposals until the final....
  • Options
    TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member
    I absolutely LOVE this show :D It's one of my favourite shows of the year! Roll on tonight.

Let's hope it's a good one. I'm looking forward to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The only people I know who watch this programme are all over 30, my children and their children wouldn't even think to watch it, so how about next year have a different generation take part. There are a lot arrogant prats in the more senior of us and I think it would make a refreshing change. I mean zimmer frames at dawn would be interesting. Imagine in the house, fighting over the TV remote control, no need to wake up at the crack of sparrows to slather on endless amounts of make up and forget the need to plug in the GHD's. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member
    Yay i can't wait for tonight love this show:D
  • Options
    Aaron.BishopAaron.Bishop Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to tonight's new series of The Apprentice. I'm even looking more forward to Harry Hill making fun of.
  • Options
    pward1965pward1965 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    It will be interesting to see whether the 1st week tradition of firing the losing project manager happens again with this series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, took me 10 minutes to find this thread!
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im at the top of the food chain, Im a shark.

I'll literally roar my way to the top.

2 classics already
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening! lambs to the slaughter:D

Hard to find this thread!
  • Options
    MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh. See they've dropped the opening line about SurAlan's "vast business empire", then.
  • Options
    brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh purple eyeshadow lady:eek:
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not keen on 'her' in the heels.:mad::o