Car juddering when braking

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    My automatic Nissan Micra SE (05 reg) has started juddering when I have put the brakes on. Now I know the oil is low and needs to be checked, but my MOT is due in March anyway.

Do you think I should get this checked sooner rather than later? What are the chances the car will stall or break down?

It's got nothing to do with your oil although top it up, it's your brake discs which have pitted and causes judder. I've changed mine when that happens. If you know how to do them yourself then you will save a fortune, otherwise bring the car round to me and I'll do them for you at a fraction of the cost!
  • Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kranal wrote: »
    It's got nothing to do with your oil although top it up, it's your brake discs which have pitted and causes judder. I've changed mine when that happens. If you know how to do them yourself then you will save a fortune, otherwise bring the car round to me and I'll do them for you at a fraction of the cost!

This thread has gone far away from a brake fault now....there never was a brake fault.

The OP has an engine running problem....the judder is an engine misfire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final update:

Waj_100 was pretty much on the money: not the coils but the camshaft sensor which was the problem due to error P0011.

So they cleared any dirt that was stopping airflow and replaced a solenoid whilst cleaning the camshaft sensor. Drove it home and the juddering has gone completely!

Thanks to all of you for your help and for putting up with my naivety!