Forum Member
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    I think they are the favourite couple to win, based on popular vote. :D

If I could vote, I would :D
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can register on the ABC.com website and email your votes. ;)
  • Options
    c4kc4k Posts: 6,015
    Forum Member
    La Rhumba wrote: »
    You can register on the ABC.com website and email your votes. ;)

Oh good :D
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Helio - that accent and smile :D

I like him and Julianne :cool:
  • Options
    Lola192000Lola192000 Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helio's English is so sweet :) 'The Mask' rountine that he & Jul did was awesome.
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helio is my favourite to win too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally loved the quickstep he did....thought it was brilliant....his dance partner is top class.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yfFOodildN0

Like how it slows down in the middle then speeds up again at an amazing tempo. The move she does starting at 1:01 is amazing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I love watching Helio and Julianne dance together; the partnership is great and that quickstep was awesome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Karura wrote: »
    I love watching Helio and Julianne dance together; the partnership is great and that quickstep was awesome.

Yeah, they make a great partnership, aparently Apolo recommended Helio to Julianne. Good recommendation too!!!:D
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karura wrote: »

I totally agree, i love the way Julianne dances and Helio is great with her
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c4k wrote: »
    Yeah, they make a great partnership, aparently Apolo recommended Helio to Julianne. Good recommendation too!!!:D

I think there is a certain similarity between Apolo and Helio - what do you think?

But SAD thought! If Julianne wins this series with Helio, she will almost undoubtedly get a really poor partner in the next series...... 2 wins on the trot is enough!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »
    I think there is a certain similarity between Apolo and Helio - what do you think?

But SAD thought! If Julianne wins this series with Helio, she will almost undoubtedly get a really poor partner in the next series...... 2 wins on the trot is enough!

Well I was going to say that, but I didn't want to get mobbed and told I was wrong. But Helio has really applied himself, I noticed last week that a lot of OP's were praising just Julianne for her choreography of the QS, but Helio did a damn good job too, and you can see the vast improvement in his Foxtrot from week 1 :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    kaycee wrote: »

That is a very sad thought :cry:. Perhaps the beeb could use that as a reason to entice her here for SCD with the promise of a decent partner. Very wishful thinking ;).

As to the similarities between Apolo and Helio, I've not really seen Helio enjoy the rapport with Julianne that Apolo had and that's been reflected in the dancing. Having said that, after plateauing for a number of weeks, Helio has upped his game significantly as shown in that fantastic quickstep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mscaviy wrote: »
    That is a very sad thought :cry:. Perhaps the beeb could use that as a reason to entice her here for SCD with the promise of a decent partner. Very wishful thinking ;).

As to the similarities between Apolo and Helio, I've not really seen Helio enjoy the rapport with Julianne that Apolo had and that's been reflected in the dancing. Having said that, after plateauing for a number of weeks, Helio has upped his game significantly as shown in that fantastic quickstep.

Actually I don't agree, they are two different personalities. Whilst Apolo and Julianne had the rapport they had, I think Julianne and Helio's dancing breeds off Helio's enthusiasm and as such the two couples are incomparable!!

I just want him to win to prove that he is a good dancer and that it's not all down to Julianne:o
  • Options
    La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a very good dancer for a total novice. He has proved that already, both in Ballroom and Latin, from the first 2 dances in the show, the FT and Mambo, the difficulty of the steps and moves he has mastered, whilst retaining his delightful personality, has been remarkable. :)

Personally, I prefer his chemistry with Julianne to that of Apolo. I was rooting for Laila and Maks or Joey and Kym last season, preferring them.

The only failing so far with Helio's performances have been as a result of the choreography by Julianne, especially in the Rhumba, however she's still a teenager, and is still learning her trade, so can't produce gems every time.

I also believe she has more attraction to Helio, and were he single......;)
    Whereas with Apolo, it was strictly a dance partnership, inspite of what all the viewers wanted to happen between them. However, I realise I'm in the minority with that one. :)