Jehovahs Witnesses, grrrrrrr

124»

Comments

• Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nectar wrote: »
    ...unless you are the offspring of a Jehovah's Witness, who happens to need a blood transfusion or a kidney transplant to keep you alive.

At the point where they say "no, it is God's will for my son/daughter to die and we will eventually be reunited in heaven", they don't appear to be too kindly...[/QUOTE]

The embolden statement is a falsehood.
  • Options
    weemargaretweemargaret Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    My father never stops talking and it can be hard to get a word in edgeways. The one time that Jehovahs Witnesses came to his house, he invited them in and talked and talked and talked for over two hours and they didn't even get to mention their religion. Eventually, they started edging out the door and into their car with my father following them, talking and laughing, not realising that they were desperate to leave. They have never come back! :D
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    JWs aren't Christians. Nontheless, a no thankyou is sufficient.

Wrong! JWs ARE Christians - they follow the teachings of Christ.
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    milmol wrote: »
    If you have a sign on the door saying NO callers of any sort then why go to the door at all? develop a 'secret' knock code for friends and family so you will know its them, then you can just ignore everything else ;)

The sign says no 'cold callers'.

I was upstairs when the door went, so came trampling down the stairs. They obviously heard me and looked through the top of the door (which is glass), saw my shape. I didn't know who they were at this point and, since they saw me, I opened the door...and saw the bibles :mad:

We've had people knock on the door recently, who have lived round the corner and lost their rabbit, neighbours wanting to know if we could sponsor for charity etc. It's a friendly neighbourhood, so it's not as if we just don't answer it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I always find it hilariously ironic that JW's don't do trick or treating at Halloween. At least on that one day of the year we are safe:p
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not JWs, but I was in town yesterday, when a young woman, in a printed Tee-Shirt for some charity or other, approached me and set off with her "Can I speak to you for a couple of minutes" spiel.

I looked straight ahead and kept walking, as though she didn't exist.

She was so surprised, I was about 20 paces past her before she could think of anything to say. :p
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nowhere did Jesus say that only 144000 would get to heaven .... or did I miss that bit.
  • Options
    semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As has been mentioned many times on the numerous JW threads they have a 'Do Not Call' list and if the householder does not want any further visits you can ask to be put on that list and they will not call again. Simple.

it's simple
    :D

;)
  • Options
    MartinJMartinJ Posts: 10,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Nowhere did Jesus say that only 144000 would get to heaven .... or did I miss that bit.

How do you know?

He said all sorts of crazy shit - wouldn't surprise me if he made up some guff like that and John, in his drug addled hallucination mis-transcribed it.
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    Just had them at my door, bible and literature in hand.:

I got caught completely unaware the other day by one...

Had a little chat and gave me a leaflet which I haven't looked at yet. Just so bl**** annoyed I got the old bloke rather than the pretty young girl going down the other side of the road :(
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i work with a JW. He's alright - I like him. He won't join in social events though.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MartinJ wrote: »
    How do you know?

He said all sorts of crazy shit - wouldn't surprise me if he made up some guff like that and John, in his drug addled hallucination mis-transcribed it.

Deep!
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i work with a JW. He's alright - I like him. He won't join in social events though.

I worked with one for years, even published some of his photographs on my website...
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gneiss wrote: »
    I worked with one for years, even published some of his photographs on my website...

Yeah - I don't know why they kind of keep themselves to themselves. I invited him around to play music and he was a bit panic stricken.
  • Options
    TheBoingoBanditTheBoingoBandit Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KBBJ wrote: »
    For the same reason that you register not to get people ringing you up trying to flog you a conservatory or posties putting junk mail in your letterbox.

Or you can just sit there being angry, if you choose.

I ask the same question, why should WE have to register to stop any of the above?

I don't get angry, I'd just simply not answer the door.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    A sticker in my front window keep them at bay:

Aleister Crowley RULEZ!!!
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    If they believe that Jesus is the Son of God, I have been sadly misinformed all these years.
  • Options
    mrsmetropolismrsmetropolis Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »

I believe it's taken from the book of Revelation.
  • Options
    mrsmetropolismrsmetropolis Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    If they believe that Jesus is the Son of God, I have been sadly misinformed all these years.

They do believe Jesus is the son of God, they do not however believe that Jesus is God or in the Trinity doctrine.
  • Options
    MartinJMartinJ Posts: 10,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe it's taken from the book of Revelation.

Oh dear.

You've fallen for his trap.

You are "not" about to be told about how his interpretation is more valid than someone else's.

However, no doubt you will be told about his interpretation.