Options

If you had the choice and money, where would you live and in what type of property?

13»

Comments

• Options
    tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the coast with fabulous sea views but not close enough to the edge of cliffs that my house fell in the sea.

Three bedrooms
    study for hubby
    craft room for me
    on suite bathroom to the bedrooms
    a lounge, a dining room and a huge kitchen with a centre island and big enough for a sofa at one end.
    A lovely central staircase.
    A double garage with upstairs room for storage.
    A nice size garden with veggie plot, room for a good greenhouse for hubby
    A covered jacuzzi area or better still a swimming pool

Failing all that, somewhere in the Sandbanks area with sea view would be just fine!
  • Options
    openarmsopenarms Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winters would be spent somewhere warmer and sunnier than the UK , like The Balearics, Hawaii or French Polynesia. A Guy Dreier design similar to La Jolla Ocean Breeze.

Summers and we are talking 200 ft yacht mostly mediterranean cruising and some caribbean thrown in. Apogee fits the bill.

City breaks in London, Paris and New York - I'd slum it in hotels :p
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    mounty wrote: »
    a parachute? :D

heehee, it'd have to be a bloddy big 'chute!!!!!:D
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luba wrote: »
    I would love to live in Glencoe in Scotland.
    Complete quiet, no neighbours, fantastic scenery and animals.
    Not bothered about the type of property.
    That would be perfect for me.

sounds nice to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In mansion in Califorina somewhere I'm the mountains. I would even be happy in a lake house.
  • Options
    ninz39ninz39 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A largish farm house in Herefordshire, where I could grow veg and relax, also a holiday home in turkey, I love turkey
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like a detached Arts and Crafts movement house, with extensive grounds, ideally in the Sussex Downs or on the Isle of Purbeck. The Ashdown Forest or New Forest would be almost as acceptable.

Standen near East Grinstead would do nicely, but I doubt if the National Trust would sell it to me.
  • Options
    SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On one of those abandoned WW2 defence fortress' in the English Channel, with 12 greyhounds.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any one of these properties would be lovely, if I had the cash:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/01/article-1262872-08EF9A67000005DC-76_468x324.jpg

http://www.theballroomblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Chenonceau.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JW2sabnMDRY/TECGfZvBYwI/AAAAAAAAAAc/gLR1hy37Pks/s1600/100_0876.JPG

http://www.wanderingstar.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Aspire_20080903_1655.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to ever become a billionaire Arab sheikh. On a more realistic level, I'd like a house perhaps on the West coast which overlooks the beach - something du Maurier-esque.
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ianx wrote: »
    Wouldn't that really piss him off?

LOL :D

Personally, I would love to live in an old stone cottage, in a village, in the middle of the country: preferably in County Durham or Northumberland.

*sigh* I can dream.

ETA: my great grandparents lived on a lovely little farm in County Durham; so I think my wish comes from there. It must be in me jeans. :o
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anywhere very rural, rugged and rainy, in a hobbit house.

and a live in bus.

Oh, yes! I'd love to live in a hobbit house, too.

Peter Jackson's depiction was beautiful in LotR (as was every other aspect of Middle-earth). :)
  • Options
    PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in rural North Yorkshire in beautiful village already so would just buy a bigger house with a studio for my paintings and a garage for Mr Picklebums motorbikes.

I'm a Londoner and would also love a crash pad there. Somewhere on the Thames with a view of the Tower Of London and I would die happy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to live in London in a luxury flat . Say about 2 million pounds worth in a new skyscraper . With underground parking .

I have lived my entire life in the countryside up in Yorkshire , and I would like to experience the opposite end of the scale and live in the big city :D
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This would have suited me fine, but unfortunately it sold before my lottery numbers came up.

http://search.struttandparker.com/residential/nutley-east-sussex-tn22/6884
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Dream house?
    Right on the South coast, possibly Hayling Island over looking the beach and sea. My house would have a large glass panoramic window so that I could watch the boats and the waves.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    I will be your Hobbit neighbour- This is my ideal lifestyle,too. :)

If not that,then a 15thC cottage..low ceilings,little mullion windows,wattle and daub,beams everywhere.
    nethwen wrote: »
    Oh, yes! I'd love to live in a hobbit house, too.

Peter Jackson's depiction was beautiful in LotR (as was every other aspect of Middle-earth). :)

we need to build a commune:cool::D:cool:

http://www.simondale.net/
  • Options
    Dr.  OtterblandDr. Otterbland Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luba wrote: »
    I would love to live in Glencoe in Scotland.
    Complete quiet, no neighbours, fantastic scenery and animals.
    Not bothered about the type of property.
    That would be perfect for me.

Oooo, me too.

Savile's house would be ideal.

Nice to see it sold for double the asking price, the connection with the weird one will soon be forgot.

Here's a nice one a few miles east

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8478/8236732193_a3b53c1859_z.jpg
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A mansion in California, somewhere near San Francisco would do nicely.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have no fixed abode as I'd be driving round the world in a top of the range campervan
  • Options
    wildwestwaleswildwestwales Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I already live in a 'roses round the door' cottage, with a lovely garden, woodland and a stream on it's boundary.

I would love a town house in London, just off Mayfair, with parking, for that little bit of noise and excitement.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd move abroad to somewhere that is constantly above 15 celsius.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I would still live in my area but buy a 5/6 bedroom detatched house facing the sea or a lovely loch. Also buy a sea view villa in the sun and move between the two. Oh I think I will put a lottery ticket on tonight! Lol
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cotswolds, 5 bedroom detached & thatched. 3 acres of Land. 99.9% White British Upper Middle Class location.
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have a lovely Georgian mansion in Bath or a Victorian/Edwardian house in Harrogate. My holiday home would be in Rome.

I'd also do a Man v Food stylee road trip across America in one of those HUGE Winnebago type things that expand on the sides.

I'd also go to China and Japan travelling for a few months too.