Mike Winters RIP

DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,225
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will bring back memories for a few of us on here http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/comedy-legend-mike-winters-died-2222447

Comments

• hornbeamhornbeam Posts: 9,483
    Forum Member
    May he rest in peace :(
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's an often repeated anecdote from someone(can't remember who) about the Winters brothers appearence at the Glasgow Empire.

Basically it involves Mike walking onto the stage & getting a 'warm Glasgow welcome' from the audience & things continued from there, culimating with Bernie sticking his head through the curtain.

'Christ. There's 2 of them!'
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure he and his late brother Bernie and their mate Schnorbitz will all be meeting up together again now.

RIP Mike
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Bernie rented Schnorbitz, I believe.

RIP Mike Winters. My (also sadly departed) father once had a right old barny with him on the motorway heading down to Bournemouth in the mid-late 60s :o. He was in some sort of souped up American muscle car and started tailgating my father in his Vauxhall Victor :D and my dad shouted some obscenity at him as he (eventually) came up beside our car, to which Winters simply raised 2 fingers and sped off. Ahhh, memories. :D
  • NickLangleyNickLangley Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric was once asked what he and Ernie would be if they hadn't become comedians. The answer: Mike and Bernie Winters.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I don't remember there being a Mike... but sad anyway
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    when i was growing up i suffered 2 bleak winters mike and bernie :D
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not old enough to remember them on TV but my grandparents saw them at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool many years ago.