The Casualty Thread (Spoilers) (Part 5)

Comments

• Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We live in the digital era, we have internet, various catch up services and we can pause live TV but yet people are complaining about a show being moved or not being shown at a set time each week.

Good grief, get some perspective people

It's almost as bad as the person last year that didn't know what the service of remembrance was about and wondered why it had to be that weekend in the month :rolleyes:
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,943
    Forum Member
    We live in the digital era, we have internet, various catch up services and we can pause live TV but yet people are complaining about a show being moved or not being shown at a set time each week.

Good grief, get some perspective people

It's almost as bad as the person last year that didn't know what the service of remembrance was about and wondered why it had to be that weekend in the month :rolleyes:

im in no way dissing the programm - especially now my sister is out there. she was on one of the news programmes today. i just disagree with having to move dramas for it and nothing else gets touched
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For god's sake...

Tess hasn't appeared in 3 episodes and she's in next week but she is quite low in the cast list. Also I don't think she is appearing in the next episode.

It makes me laugh when some posters on here said Tess and Fletch are overused!! Ummm no they are not! They were heavily featured for 3 episodes this series... Tom and Sam are MORE prominent than Tess and Fletch. They barely get much screentime.
    Forum Member
    For god's sake...

Tess hasn't appeared in 3 episodes and she's in next week but she is quite low in the cast list. Also I don't think she is appearing in the next episode.

It makes me laugh when some posters on here said Tess and Fletch are overused!! Ummm no they are not! They were heavily featured for 3 episodes this series... Tom and Sam are MORE prominent than Tess and Fletch. They barely get much screentime.

this!!! hopefully shes in the 2nd part to fletchs story. suzanne tweeted she was out on location for the xmas eps a while ago
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this!!! hopefully shes in the 2nd part to fletchs story. suzanne tweeted she was out on location for the xmas eps a while ago

I really hope so. I miss Tess and Fletch's scenes and it's been a while since we saw Tess. Also we didn't see much of Fletch recently. Didn't the new producer say that "there is much more to come for Tess and Fletch?"

I really hope Iain breaks up Sam and Tom. The TAM fans on Twitter will have a meltdown if Sam and Tom breaks up.
    Forum Member
    I really hope so. I miss Tess and Fletch's scenes and it's been a while since we saw Tess. Also we didn't see much of Fletch recently. Didn't the new producer say that "there is much more to come for Tess and Fletch?"

I really hope Iain breaks up Sam and Tom. The TAM fans on Twitter will have a meltdown if Sam and Tom breaks up.

i think sam has much more chemistry with ian. they are both in it in the 23rd but tom isnt. yeah tess and fletch havent had a scene since the 12th october ( i think) and that has been a month. however this isnt out of the norm with those two - we went 3 months without anything from feb - end of april and then again after fletch went on his holiday
  • Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Iain breaks up.

Same. I'd pay to see that.
    Forum Member
    Same. I'd pay to see that.

technically we do pay for it :o:p
  • Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh I must get a TV licence. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tess reappears next week, but Fletch is back the following week with a story and she's not in it, hopefully she'll
    Be in the second part.. Maybe the absence of the two together on screen is significant? And/or deliberate..
    Forum Member
    Tess reappears next week, but Fletch is back the following week with a story and she's not in it, hopefully she'll
    Be in the second part.. Maybe the absence of the two together on screen is significant? And/or deliberate..

it was deliberate after he went on holiday
  • BLADESMAN1889BLADESMAN1889 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would casualty rate better moving to a friday at 9pm? keep the same time slot every week ?

Once upon a time it was on Friday's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not to keen on Ian - he seems like a slimy git. Though he's welcome to Dr Wooden.
    Forum Member
    I'm not to keen on Ian - he seems like a slimy git. Though he's welcome to Dr Wooden.

hes better than tom who can do no wrong who hits his women
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Speak for yourself ;)
    Oh I must get a TV licence. :p

Same here - not !

I have Sky, I refuse to pay for a license as well - it's just a principal. Look how they (BBC) choose to spend it. They wasted ¾ of a billion on moving to new premises because when advised that the future was digital media & HD, decided to ignore advice and actually mocked the "monumental waste of money that sky are investing in future proofing TV for the next millennia".

Nope, they would rather pay fat grotesque salaries to the largest collection of nonces to ever have worked for one organization alone.

They won't get a penny from me. I actually begrudge the 1 TV license I did once buy.
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speak for yourself ;)

Same here - not !

I have Sky, I refuse to pay for a license as well - it's just a principal. Look how they (BBC) choose to spend it. They wasted ¾ of a billion on moving to new premises because when advised that the future was digital media & HD, decided to ignore advice and actually mocked the "monumental waste of money that sky are investing in future proofing TV for the next millennia".

Nope, they would rather pay fat grotesque salaries to the largest collection of nonces to ever have worked for one organization alone.

They won't get a penny from me. I actually begrudge the 1 TV license I did once buy.

Addmiting to a criminal offence is not the cleverest of things to do on a public forum.
    Forum Member
    Speak for yourself ;)

Same here - not !

paying for sky is the same thing isnt it?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? If it was meant to be on every week it would get moved around more than it does now. Because it is scheduled to be off on certain weeks we are not actually missing any episodes,,
    This is the thing - it gets commissioned for maybe 42 or 45 episodes, so even if it were to have been broadcast on Saturday we would not have got any more episodes.

And really, to apparently value a long-running but transient drama such as Casualty above a Remembrance Day programme (and expecting that programme to be moved to a lesser channel) is simply missing the point and in some respects is showing a lack of feeling bordering upon a lack of respect for those who lost their lives, their limbs, or their sanity.

All in my opinion of course.
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the days when Casualty used to only have less than 40 episodes per series.

Casualty is one of those shoes that can afford to be skirted around the Tv schedule, it's been inconsistent in broadcast time alone for many years.
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    This is the thing - it gets commissioned for maybe 42 or 45 episodes, so even if it were to have been broadcast on Saturday we would not have got any more episodes.

And really, to apparently value a long-running but transient drama such as Casualty above a Remembrance Day programme (and expecting that programme to be moved to a lesser channel) is simply missing the point and in some respects is showing a lack of feeling bordering upon a lack of respect for those who lost their lives, their limbs, or their sanity.

All in my opinion of course.

It would be better to take the break between series. Leave it on a cliffhanger like the old days
    Forum Member
    Louise-ann wrote: »
    I miss the days when Casualty used to only have less than 40 episodes per series.

Casualty is one of those shoes that can afford to be skirted around the Tv schedule, it's been inconsistent in broadcast time alone for many years.

It clearly cant if theyve lost viewers because of it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be better to take the break between series. Leave it on a cliffhanger like the old days
    It takes a short break in the Summer, between series (when other events, including sporting events, are on). So to move that break would not only impact (and interrupt) the Autumn schedules, it might also impact upon the shooting plans for the series as a whole.

Few if any series take a break in the middle of a season, especially one of the crucial ones such as Autumn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It clearly cant if theyve lost viewers because of it

Have they lost viewers because of it being moved around, or because the stories and writing have been less than exciting (aka mundane or simply not what Casualty once was), or that there has been too much focus on soapy elements and the love lives of the staff rather than gritty and realistic storylnes?

For a show that rarely airs at the same time each Saturday, it seems to hold on to its 4.5 million or so viewers rather well.
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Have they lost viewers because of it being moved around, or because the stories and writing have been less than exciting (aka mundane or simply not what Casualty once was)?

For a show that rarely airs at the same time each Saturday, it seems to hold on to its 4.5 million or so viewers rather well.

both probably. i know people complain about the times changing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if the ratings are steady, then viewers are finding the programme in spite of the changed times, so it is more likely that any decline over the years is down to the crap storylines, writing and love affairs and the lack of grittiness,
This discussion has been closed.