Kate Bush - Before The Dawn

Comments

• designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GrouchoM wrote: »
    Its been a rip off - I was offered a ticket at £283, how does that work Kate? All these celebs telling us how much they enjoyed the shows - I wonder how they got tickets? But I love her, always have, always will!

Albums - my top 3, in no particular order:
    The Sensual World
    The Dreaming
    Hounds of Love

Aerial & 50 Words have their moments (which are magnificent) but are too inconsistent for me compared to early works.

I am guessing the £238 was not from an official vendor like Eventim? I paid £95 a ticket to see her. The next price up I think was £104 then £145 for near the front. Every concert usually has press tickets or "friends and family"
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was an official vendor, that was all that was left. Pity Kate isnt touring the show to bigger venues for her fans - but that ain't gonna happen. The ticket thing was a farce.
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its been a rip off - I was offered a ticket at £283, how does that work Kate? All these celebs telling us how much they enjoyed the shows - I wonder how they got tickets? But I love her, always have, always will!

Albums - my top 3, in no particular order:
    The Sensual World
    The Dreaming
    Hounds of Love

Aerial & 50 Words have their moments (which are magnificent) but are too inconsistent for me compared to early works.
    I got mine for £84 each and that was yesterday.. just keep refreshing at Eventim .. some will come up eventually (returns I guess) Still, it takes luck and patience to get them through checkout but .. worth a try :)
    I don't think my tickets are good ones particularly but hey .. I will be in the building .. so to me they're like gold dust. Good luck xx
    Perhaps .. if not already registered at Eventim .. it might be worth pre-registering. I had to do the whole checkout from scratch with a six min clock counting down .. nightmare!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    May just wait for the DVD - appears the shows have evoked mixed reactions, I have no idea what people are expecting when they go to see Kate Bush!! Just the greatest hits? Ungrateful idiots depriving me of a ticket!!
    Thanks for advice re Eventim though - interesting, will have a look later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was an official vendor, that was all that was left. Pity Kate isnt touring the show to bigger venues for her fans - but that ain't gonna happen. The ticket thing was a farce.

I've not seen that pricing on Eventim. Seems an odd price to be listing when the most expensive (excluding hospitality) was £145.

I don't think bigger venues would work for what she does on stage. The Apollo is just about right I think. Kate did think about venues but she didn't want to have to keep moving the sets around. It makes sense I think considering you wouldn't haveWest End shows moving around all the time as it would be a logistical nightmare.

With any artist, they sell out quite quickly nowadays. You have to be on it as soon as they go on sale. I was in New York when presale became available. I had to get up at 5am NYC time but I got some no problem. I can see what she was trying to do with the tickets. I don't know if it was successful or not in stopping ticket touts though.

Although for the first time ever I saw people practically begging for spare tickets so they could see the show, rather than touts looking to sell tickets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    I got mine for £84 each and that was yesterday.. just keep refreshing at Eventim .. some will come up eventually (returns I guess) Still, it takes luck and patience to get them through checkout but .. worth a try :)
    I don't think my tickets are good ones particularly but hey .. I will be in the building .. so to me they're like gold dust. Good luck xx
    Perhaps .. if not already registered at Eventim .. it might be worth pre-registering. I had to do the whole checkout from scratch with a six min clock counting down .. nightmare!

Are you in the Circle? You might be a fair way back but at least you are there. I suggest taking glasses if you need them. lol. That's what I did. The woman next to me had a small set of binoculars... if you've got any of those, take them too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was sat in front of my pc watching the limited number of tickets evaporate before my eyes. Felt a bit stitched up by the whole thing, especially as so many who went to the shows have been moaning - wasted tickets.
    Life goes on, just a shame Kate has chosen to perform to so few real fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was sat in front of my pc watching the limited number of tickets evaporate before my eyes. Felt a bit stitched up by the whole thing, especially as so many who went to the shows have been moaning - wasted tickets.
    Life goes on, just a shame Kate has chosen to perform to so few real fans.

I think only a very very small number of people have complained. I've seen a lot of comments about the show and most are hugely positive. I know people who got tickets for 2 or 3 performances. The general consensus by media, critics and fans is that it's an amazing show. Sure there are a small number who expected "hits" but she never mentioned it being a hits concert. The name of the concert and the image of her in water was a big indication of that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree - it was always going to be hi-concept stuff. As for the people going to 2-3 shows? I have no comment to make..........................
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best thing I have ever seen, I was literally mouth agog for the whole 3 hours. There were moments I felt tears on my face but because I had goosebumps - I didn't know I was crying. (if that makes sense?)

*prays for DVD/Blu-ray*

I have been to the one show, I felt no need to purchase more than one ticket. Why take away the chance for somebody else to experience the magic?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Littlegreen - I also pray for dvd!
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kate is very much about being with her family and touring would have made that difficult. A residency makes sense for her.

The ticket situation was an attempt to try and see off touts and fill the audience with actual fans. Not sure if it's been succesful but I can't fault her team for trying.

I agree the first night audience being full of celebrites left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth but it's sadly to be expected at any big event that the "elite" will be put first.
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so many who went to the shows have been moaning

I wouldn't say that. It's a vocal minority making the most noise as usual; almost everyone I've seen online - and not just long term, die hard fans - have been blown away by the show.

I still have 13 days until I go! It can't come soon enough!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Kate is very much about being with her family and touring would have made that difficult. A residency makes sense for her.

The ticket situation was an attempt to try and see off touts and fill the audience with actual fans. Not sure if it's been succesful but I can't fault her team for trying.

I agree the first night audience being full of celebrites left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth but it's sadly to be expected at any big event that the "elite" will be put first.

Well touts got the tickets -this cannot be avoided & the "team" failed miserably. Also it seems same people are going to 2/3 shows - pretty despicable given the show isnt touring - that may have prevented some of this.

I hope you have a ticket & have enjoyed/will enjoy the show. Best wishes, truly.:)
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wuthering wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that. It's a vocal minority making the most noise as usual; almost everyone I've seen online - and not just long term, die hard fans - have been blown away by the show.

I still have 13 days until I go! It can't come soon enough!

Trust me. It will reach your expectations and also exceed them! It's Breathtaking.

I was getting emotional on the train back just going over it all.

The program is also a bargain at £15 - it's so detailed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tour programmes already on ebay - such loyal fans eh? pish tish & balderdash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well touts got the tickets -this cannot be avoided & the "team" failed miserably. Also it seems same people are going to 2/3 shows - pretty despicable given the show isnt touring - that may have prevented some of this.

I hope you have a ticket & have enjoyed/will enjoy the show. Best wishes, truly.:)

I don't begrudge anyone going 2 or 3 times. If I could I'd go twice. As for touts, I'm not sure how it works as they check ID in the queue to make sure you are the person who bought the tickets. How is a tout going to get round that? Unless they have to keep joining the queue. I know a few people had spare tickets so sold them at face value and went with the person that bought the ticket. A group of people on the tube home had done just that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trust me. It will reach your expectations and also exceed them! It's Breathtaking.

I was getting emotional on the train back just going over it all.

The program is also a bargain at £15 - it's so detailed.

Probably one of the best programmes I have had in years! So much more detail than most you get now. Usually it's just a load of pictures for £15 to £25 depending on the artist (Madonna).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    designer84 wrote: »
    I don't begrudge anyone going 2 or 3 times. If I could I'd go twice. As for touts, I'm not sure how it works as they check ID in the queue to make sure you are the person who bought the tickets. How is a tout going to get round that? Unless they have to keep joining the queue. I know a few people had spare tickets so sold them at face value and went with the person that bought the ticket. A group of people on the tube home had done just that.

Well you should begrudge people going 2/3 times as I did not get 1 ticket for any show............so how do you think I feel? >:(

Touts - this is how they get round it - they buy mutiples & sit with the person who bought the ticket second hand (they would NOT have paid face value, they are kidding if they claim they did). This practice is called Walk-Ins & is commonplace in the ticketing industry. So not only do people pay over the odds but tickets are purchased by people who just sit thru the concerts to earn money - it is common & did happen with Kate Bush - see Watchdog for further details..........
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you should begrudge people going 2/3 times as I did not get 1 ticket for any show............so how do you think I feel? >:(

Touts - this is how they get round it - they buy mutiples & sit with the person who bought the ticket second hand (they would NOT have paid face value, they are kidding if they claim they did). This practice is called Walk-Ins & is commonplace in the ticketing industry. So not only do people pay over the odds but tickets are purchased by people who just sit thru the concerts to earn money - it is common & did happen with Kate Bush - see Watchdog for further details..........

Why should I begrudge people? They are fans too. They aren't selling tickets on for profit. It's luck of the draw. There are many who wanted to go but considering she is doing 22 dates in a venue that only holds 4000 people, not everyone is going to get to go. People from Australia and America managed to go. You could only buy a set amount of tickets too. I can't remember how many it was. Maybe 5 tickets I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ticket sales were a shambles. It was presented as unique, fair, beyond touts etc etc etc but didnt work. Diabolical. Of course millions wanted to go to the shows...................you have answered your own question. QED

Still love Kate though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ticket sales were a shambles. It was presented as unique, fair, beyond touts etc etc etc but didnt work. Diabolical. Of course millions wanted to go to the shows...................you have answered your own question. QED

Still love Kate though

I don't think it was diabolical. All concerts are hit and miss for tickets. There are people I have tried to get tickets for and missed out on but that's often the luck of the draw. I don't think the ticket sales were a shambles either. I think the vast majority were sold to fans and only a small percentage made it to touts. The night I went there were less touts than I see at other concerts. You'll never eradicate touts 100%.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL

You dont get it do you - touts are everywhere, you could have been sitting next to one. They sit thru the show & make money on selling their face value tickets on having met their "friends" outside the show. Watchdog said a lot of kate Bush tickets went this way.I was offered a ticket online at £283 - how can this happen?
    I'm pleased for you that you got to go - genuinely - but the process was a shambles but this in unavoidable in 2014
    Perhaps I'll get a ticket for the stadium tour.................

C'est la vie.

I'm going for a milky brew & to listen to The Dreaming, with headphones, LOUD!
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    designer84 wrote: »
    Are you in the Circle? You might be a fair way back but at least you are there. I suggest taking glasses if you need them. lol. That's what I did. The woman next to me had a small set of binoculars... if you've got any of those, take them too
    Yes .. we're in the Circle .. I've been there before and it wasn't too bad. I'd have taken anything tbh .. just to be there and soak up the atmosphere :) I will see if I can find my little binoculars :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL

You dont get it do you - touts are everywhere, you could have been sitting next to one. They sit thru the show & make money on selling their face value tickets on having met their "friends" outside the show. Watchdog said a lot of kate Bush tickets went this way.I was offered a ticket online at £283 - how can this happen?
    I'm pleased for you that you got to go - genuinely - but the process was a shambles but this in unavoidable in 2014
    Perhaps I'll get a ticket for the stadium tour.................

C'est la vie.

I'm going for a milky brew & to listen to The Dreaming, with headphones, LOUD!

I do "get it" lol

I sat next to my partner and a woman with binoculars who went on her own. Next to her were another gay couple and next to my partner were 4 friends. Everyone around me were in groups of friends. Most people in the queue were clearly friends and partners. ;-):)

I would take watchdog with a pinch of salt when it comes to "many tickets" being bought by touts. If that were the case, friends wouldn't have gone 3 times as there would be no tickets. From looking at twitter and the facebook groups, many people that went were genuine fans and there was no mention of touts. Most people on her facebook pages were helping each other out with tickets at face value if people were unable to get any

Also £238 is a lot cheaper than what some people actually paid to go see her.