Kate Bush - Before The Dawn

Comments

• designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    I can't wait to see her but I'm a bit concerned my seat isn't very good, even though I paid for the highest price ones. Are there 'bad' seats at top price?

Highest price are in the stalls I'm sure so I'd imagine you are within the first 10 rows? what row are you? Front is Row E I think
  • PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The seats are Circle Block 11 Row F seats 1 and 2.
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    1 and 2, yes, but 3?? Disrespectful to whom exactly? Disrespectful to no one except you because you're so bitter that some real fans get to enjoy the show more than once and maybe spot things in the stage presentation that they missed first time whilst you didn't manage to get a ticket.

Yes, disrespectful to those of us who did net get a ticket for a single show - you hit the nail on the head, thank you for summing up so perfectly!

I'm not bitter about real fans getting tickets, just surprised at some people's attitudes. That's all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see on the ticket they are £135.00, which I don't think are the highest even though I asked for the highest. Perhaps these were all that were left even though I logged on immediately the box office opened( a minute or two before to be precise).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see on the ticket they are £135.00, which I don't think are the highest even though I asked for the highest. Perhaps these were all that were left even though I logged on immediately the box office opened( a minute or two before to be precise).

Well That looks like you will be at the front of the Circle I think. In the front block to the side and the 6th row. View from there should be good. That's 10 rows ahead of where I was sat
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Designer, I was worried I'd got a bad view. I'm taking opera glasses just in case though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GrouchoM wrote: »
    Yes, disrespectful to those of us who did net get a ticket for a single show - you hit the nail on the head, thank you for summing up so perfectly!

I'm not bitter about real fans getting tickets, just surprised at some people's attitudes. That's all.

The thing is, when booking tickets for any show, no one worries or thinks about other people. There's not really a ticket buying etiquette. For many concerts many will buy for more than one show. That's just the way it is I'm afraid
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Designer, I was worried I'd got a bad view. I'm taking opera glasses just in case though :)

Haha, honestly, you will be fine where you are :)
    I'd say it was pretty perfect as you will be able to take in the whole thing. A good distance for the whole stage. I'd love to have been near the front to get a better look at Kate but it probably takes away from some of what you will see ;-)
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ticket cost £135 + booking fees, postage, and missed event insurance and I got stalls row K. I am very, very lucky.

12 days to go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    designer84 wrote: »
    The thing is, when booking tickets for any show, no one worries or thinks about other people. There's not really a ticket buying etiquette. For many concerts many will buy for more than one show. That's just the way it is I'm afraid

Oh I understand entirely, thank you, & am also pleased that genuine fans did get tickets - as I have done for other concerts. Best wishes.:)
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watchdog's article was specifically raised as a result of the Kate Bush debacle. I went thru all the usual channels & did not get a ticket - I don't know anyone that did. To have those people attend who:
    1. Are touts
    2. Did not enjoy the concert
    3. Are going 2/3 even 4 times
    ....is disrespectful, but these things happen with concerts.

I accept I failed to get a ticket (that is life) but I do not deny the real fans who did get to go - I hope you enjoyed, really. Just don't hold the organisation of the ticketing out to be holier than thou please! I trust that makes my position clear.

I wouldn't say any of those 3 things are disrespectful, but I can understand why a big fan would be annoyed. however the artist along with the promoter set about creating the situation for this to happen. they could have played the same number of gigs at the same venue and put in place a fanclub priority buying system. if no fanclub setup was in place, as they knew about the shows about a year before they went on sale, they had plenty of time to set something up. so if the artist was really concerned about wanting the hardcore fans over casual fans, they would have put something in place. many artists do something like this with presales. some will take action to ensure that brand new members with less than a certain length of membership can't use the initial presales, to avoid people signing up just to buy tickets. similarly of course they could have either put on more shows to satisfy demand, or play larger venues. I think the number of actual touts getting tickets wouldn't be that many really.

i don't think it's fair to blame hardcore fans who want to see their favourite artist more than once, i think this lies between promoter and artist for not satisfying demand.

as for people not enjoying the concert, i doubt many people would buy tickets expecting to be disappointed. of course you will have people buying 2 tickets and taking a reluctant partner to the show who many grit and bear it, but many casual fans would have expected to hear familiar material throughout, and regardless of what anyone says, there was no clear warning or suggestion at all before tickets went on sale as to what the show would contain. the idea that any normal person would see a photo of kate bush in a lifebelt and being to tell from that the show wouldn't include certain material, is just ridiculous. it may have indicated to some hardcore fans what may be played, but how could it possibly indicate what wouldn't be played? even friends who are most certainly hardcore fans didn't expect some of the old material to go unheard, and even those that had an idea still said they would have preferred to hear some of the older tracks instead of some of the ones played (the ones outwith the two main themes, at the start and the end of the show). if people knew from the outset that it wouldn't be a hits set, or a celebration of her career highlights, then perhaps some may have avoided buying tickets and other hardcore fans would have got them. but again, this is ultimately a decision between artist and management. you can't really blame fans for buying tickets to a show and being disappointed. many of them may actually agree with you to some degree and would have preferred that you went instead of them

as to the material she didn't play that people wanted to hear (ie. the hits), i doubt many hardcore fans would have been disappointed if she did play them. so the set could have easily kept both the casual and hardcore fans happy, but it was the artist and mangements decision not to do this. so only they should be to blame

one last thing however, tickets appear to have went onsale for most if not all shows to date, either on the day or just before it. so keep on checking as you may get a last minute ticket. there's a number of shows still to go, so there is a possibility you can get a ticket
    RikScot wrote: »
    Though I am loathe to give you further oxygen for your ongoing argument about nothing, what are you trying to say here?
    RikScot wrote: »
    This 'unique' person is the one that's doing the upsetting as far as I can see.

have a read at your previous post. not a particularly nice way to reply to someone is it?

I really don't understand

a) Where they got these 'percentages' from.

b) How it relates to computer literacy.

c) What age or sexuality has to with any of this.

a) someone who attended the show gave me that information

b) it doesn't. however if you read what I actually posted it should make some sense surely. " someone did mention that perhaps her older fanbase (about 70% of concert attendees are middle aged, perhaps 50% are gay) were perhaps not as familiar with buying tickets online and quick at using computers, so that may have gave some an advantage." - note that the bit not in brackets was what I read that someone else posted. something that I agree with. the bit in brackets was what the person who gave me the 'percentages' said. that's the opinion of someone who went to the last 2 nights shows based on what they observed. not my info

c) part b explains this. an older range of people may not be as familiar at using computers to buy concert tickets for shows that sell out immediately, so not as used to the techniques to get online and buy in seconds before a show sells out. typically as people get older, they will often go out less in general, including to pop concerts. so a fanbase of predominately middle aged fans won't perhaps be as used to having to snap up concert tickets quickly from ticketmaster etc as those in their 20s, born into an age where computers and internet are commonplace, and the idea of lining up overnight outside venues to buy in person at a box office would seem alien
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be nice if people were civil though.............common decency doesnt cost.

Dug out my copy of The Dreaming for my commute - still as fresh sounding now as ever. Some work has dated a tad but not this album - genius!
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently she will be filming three of the shows for a CD and DVD/Blu-ray release. The cameras are going to be discreetly hidden?...

*joy dance*
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
    Administrator
    A number of posts have been removed from this thread. Cut out the arguing, please, folks.
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently she will be filming three of the shows for a CD and DVD/Blu-ray release. The cameras are going to be discreetly hidden?...

*joy dance*
    Joy dance indeed .. possibly a cartwheel or two as well :D
  • lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    Joy dance indeed .. possibly a cartwheel or two as well :D

:):):):)
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If a hardcore fan is in a position to be able to go to more than one show then why shouldn't they? At least the tickets are being used by genuine fans and not being sold on by touts at ott prices. In the past I have done multiple shows on the same tour by certain artists, but equally there were shows I would have liked to have seen that I didn't get a ticket for, but I didn't start whingeing that it was unfair that someone else got to go when I couldn't, I just accepted it and moved on. If you really were that desperate to go you should have tried harder for tickets.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Echo what designer says. Keep checking the eventim site. You don't have to pay inflated prices. As for the tout argument, I don't know how you would stop them. There was a 2 day presale for fans who were signed up to Kate's website.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL, missed the presale which was fair enough. I got Gabriel tickets at front last year cos I was signed up to his fan site, somehow never imagined kate would ever tour again!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was the same to be honest. I can't even remember signing up to the site! I do feel for you Groucho. Anyone who listens to The Dreaming is fine by me. Good luck!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was prepared for her to be amazing but she was so much better than that. Quite simply the best concert any of us had ever been to or are ever likely to. Loved it all .. especially the two concept pieces which visually were just stunning (and vocally ... her voice is sublime .. I don't know 'Among Angels' that well but I was in floods .. as were so many in the audience .. just her and the piano .. sublime). The love that flowed between the audience and her was something I've never felt at a concert before. Not one sign of a disappointed face .. everyone was enraptured.
    Our seats weren't good .. that is on paper .. row X of the circle .. but we had a brilliant view. Not a close up one obviously but a great one for taking in everything. Lots of things I wasn't expecting .. like how she tied Aerial and The Ninth Wave together and .. well .. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but lots of visual surprises.

I can't stop thinking about it .. it was just magical. Nothing quite prepares you for being in the same room with 'that voice' :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was prepared for her to be amazing but she was so much better than that. Quite simply the best concert any of us had ever been to or are ever likely to. Loved it all .. especially the two concept pieces which visually were just stunning (and vocally ... her voice is sublime .. I don't know 'Among Angels' that well but I was in floods .. as were so many in the audience .. just her and the piano .. sublime). The love that flowed between the audience and her was something I've never felt at a concert before. Not one sign of a disappointed face .. everyone was enraptured.
    Our seats weren't good .. that is on paper .. row X of the circle .. but we had a brilliant view. Not a close up one obviously but a great one for taking in everything. Lots of things I wasn't expecting .. like how she tied Aerial and The Ninth Wave together and .. well .. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but lots of visual surprises.

I can't stop thinking about it .. it was just magical. Nothing quite prepares you for being in the same room with 'that voice' :)

Great post, brings it all back. Really chuffed that you got in. Ninth Wave was spine tingling. :D Man, I wanna go again! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Great post, brings it all back. Really chuffed that you got in. Ninth Wave was spine tingling. :D Man, I wanna go again! :D
    Me too ... all of us do .. we were saying that before we'd left the venue :D I do hope we get some official news regarding the DVD soon.
    Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction .. all the stars aligned that day xx I feel so, so, lucky :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too ... all of us do .. we were saying that before we'd left the venue :D I do hope we get some official news regarding the DVD soon.
    Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction .. all the stars aligned that day xx I feel so, so, lucky :)

You're welcome. It's brilliant to have something going on in Kate land! :D
  • WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Every time I think I can't possibly get any more excited, I read comments like yours and I just might burst!!!

9 Days to go for me. Hurry, hurry!!!