... to be Star in Reasonably-Priced Car [spoiler]

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
Forum Member
✭✭✭
According to Chris Evans Tom Cruise is going to be a Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car on this weeks Top Gear.
Hubby doesn't like him much but says he will be watching Tom just to see if he makes an arse of himself by jumping up and down on the sofa like he did on Oprah Winfrey.
Should be good.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it's not fixed so the "star" gets the fastest time.

Cruise is creepy!
  • ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the car used be fitted with cruise control?;)
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    ofni wrote: »
    Will the car used be fitted with cruise control?;)

Very good!:D
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will they provide a booster seat?:D
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    According to Chris Evans Tom Cruise is going to be a Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car on this weeks Top Gear.
    Hubby doesn't like him much but says he will be watching Tom just to see if he makes an arse of himself by jumping up and down on the sofa like he did on Oprah Winfrey.
    Should be good.

Its the only part of Top Gear I fidget through. I really wish they would drop the celebrity interview. Don't get me wrong, there have been some great interviews but the dross outweighs the good stuff easily.
  • Ms BrightsideMs Brightside Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't see this one coming. I bet the boys can't believe their luck!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally, someone the Hamster can look down on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His new film "Knight and Day" is apparently a bit of a dud so he needs all the publicity he can get. It does sounds like a good fit though as Cruise is resisting any idea that he should grow up, just like the presenters of top gear:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Didn't see this one coming. I bet the boys can't believe their luck!

Even more so now that Cameron Diaz will be there too!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-10726502

It's almost like Top Gear is the BBC's top chat show at the moment!
  • phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes sense, Top Gear is one of the biggest shows in the world so it's great publicity. I won't be watching though, the interviews are rubbish. Especially when someones plugging something

also I like Tom Cruise ( seriously Ive met him, lovely guy) but Cameron Diaz is a colossal bore.
  • GlenLGlenL Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the phrase "I feel the need ..... the need for speed" will get said at some point.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,610
    Forum Member
    Watch out for the instantaneous change of tyres as he goes grass-tracking and makes a miraculous recovery on the loose stuff before returning to road tyres as he takes the flag. ;)
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'd be bloody hilarious if, when he's announced, all the crowd don 'V' masks.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Its the only part of Top Gear I fidget through. I really wish they would drop the celebrity interview. Don't get me wrong, there have been some great interviews but the dross outweighs the good stuff easily.

Yes; it's the one part of TG that I could do without, irregardless of whether they are bagging interviews with bigger names. I just cannot get interested in it.

I don't mind it when they send an F1 driver round the track though.
  • peodudepeodude Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    What happened to spoiler tags? :rolleyes:
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There really arn't any chat shows in the UK that are suitable for the forty-something hollywood star since Ross has gone.

Graham Norton I suppose, but he is a bit too frothy for many. Alan Carr is low-end B-list and more youth leaning, and what else is there?

Top Gear apparently.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say I watch Top Gear for the mini-chat show interruption.