Options

Fleur - Most Over-hyped Contestant Ever

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
Forum Member
✭✭
She's the most over-hyped contestant in the history of music reality shows. She's very good yes, but her voice is nothing special and her dancing is pretty basic choreography. Simon sat there tonight and said that Fleur's performance was in the top 3 of every petformance of these shows he's ever done. He's lying through his teeth. Majority of American Idol contestants would wipe the floor with her for a start, but taking into account just X Factor alone...there have been so many acts who have done better than what Fleur did tonight...Leona and Alexandra just for starters. They never, ever comment on Fleur's voice, and they refrain from doing so because they know its good, but nothing more. Simon knows that Fleur is marketable...and that's why he wants her to win. I agree she has stage prescence, but her voice doesn't impress me and neither does her dancing. I mean, the week she did the Thriller choreography they tried to make out like she was doing a really difficult routine. I've said this on here before, that choreography is so easy...You Tube is full of video tutorials, it's been done in loads of flash mobs. Me and a few friends learnt it when we were younger, it's not hard at all. I don't think any of them that are left are that great, but to over-hype someone as much as Fleur is being as is just ridiculous. They're trying to dupe the viewers into believing she's sensational. So, so over-hyped.

Comments

• Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe people are to bitter to see her talent?
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suck al lemon
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She has talent no doubt...doesn't mean she's not overhyped...
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe ....just maybe ..... Simon genuinely feels that way.
    That second performance from Fleur was BY MILES the best performance of the series for me. I finally had my wow moment as a viewer. There is only one contestant I prefer from X Factor now and that's Leona. Fleur is now officially my second favourite contestant ever. Personally, I think she is light years better than Alexandra.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can detect lemons...
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree, I think she's amazing and so well-rounded. Her second performance blew me away tonight! One of my favourite contestants ever :D

"Simon's opinion doesn't match my opinion so he must be lying" doesn't hold much weight, and her choreography was anything but basic. The judges have commented on her voice a number of times too, including tonight...
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree OP
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fleur was absolutely fantastic!
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's no bitterness. She's very talented. Just not as amazing as they are trying to make us believe. I'm not saying she's not talented, because clearly she is. But in Simon's top 3 performances ever of all the music shows he's done?!! Come on, if you believe that then you're crazy.
  • Options
    benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    give it a rest OP ZZZZZ we ALL know you don't like Fleur & love to put her down at every opportunity, i'm not keen on dullard Andrea but i don't keep going on & on & on about it , just bordering on troll now
  • Options
    spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben Haenow, Stereo Kicks, Rough Copy & Misha B were more overhyped than Fleur and that's just a few without even having to think about it.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    give it a rest OP ZZZZZ we ALL know you don't like Fleur & love to put her down at every opportunity, i'm not keen on dullard Andrea but i don't keep going on & on & on about it , just bordering on troll now

Yet the OP went to the effort of explaining in reasonable detail as to why he doesn't think Fleur is as good as Cowell is trying to make us believe. You, on the other hand, have just called another contestant a 'dullard'.

I don't rate any of the acts left particularly, but I know whose opinion in this thread I have more respect for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    She's the most over-hyped contestant in the history of music reality shows. She's very good yes, but her voice is nothing special and her dancing is pretty basic choreography. Simon sat there tonight and said that Fleur's performance was in the top 3 of every petformance of these shows he's ever done. He's lying through his teeth. Majority of American Idol contestants would wipe the floor with her for a start, but taking into account just X Factor alone...there have been so many acts who have done better than what Fleur did tonight...Leona and Alexandra just for starters. They never, ever comment on Fleur's voice, and they refrain from doing so because they know its good, but nothing more. Simon knows that Fleur is marketable...and that's why he wants her to win. I agree she has stage prescence, but her voice doesn't impress me and neither does her dancing. I mean, the week she did the Thriller choreography they tried to make out like she was doing a really difficult routine. I've said this on here before, that choreography is so easy...You Tube is full of video tutorials, it's been done in loads of flash mobs. Me and a few friends learnt it when we were younger, it's not hard at all. I don't think any of them that are left are that great, but to over-hype someone as much as Fleur is being as is just ridiculous. They're trying to dupe the viewers into believing she's sensational. So, so over-hyped.

if the choreography is so easy why does Lauren cry about having to make a 2-step move?
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spindiddly wrote: »
    Ben Haenow, Stereo Kicks, Rough Copy & Misha B were more overhyped than Fleur and that's just a few without even having to think about it.

Your forgetting Cher
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

And here is why Fleur fans kop so much grief. How dare someone post an opinion. As usual the same names come straight in to monster them. Ironic that you call someone else a troll. :o
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it either, I see a decent performer with very average singing ability.
  • Options
    spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your forgetting Cher

Yes. And Andrea, Marcus, Eoghan & Union J.

Any more people more overhyped than Fleur?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Yet the OP went to the effort of explaining in reasonable detail as to why he doesn't think Fleur is as good as Cowell is trying to make us believe. You, on the other hand, have just called another contestant a 'dullard'.

I don't rate any of the acts left particularly, but I know whose opinion in this thread I have more respect for.

the OP ALWAYS has something negative to say about Fleur every week, yes she does not have a strong voice but some singers today don't but have done well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Daewos wrote: »
    And here is why Fleur fans kop so much grief. How dare someone post an opinion. As usual the same names come straight in to monster them. Ironic that you call someone else a troll. :o

to be fair the OP's points are bizarre
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dia6olo wrote: »
    I don't get it either, I see a decent performer with very average singing ability.

Singing ability isn't everything. Based on that BRILLIANT second performance, she is the only one I can see being anywhere close to having a successful career in the music industry.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is over-hyped.

She is sadly what fits in with a lot of the music we hear, more importantly see in the charts these days and has nothing unique about her, she is a shiny new toy that they can write some pop pap for, there seems to be a split of 50% easy listening (and writing) pop pap and 50% decent solo artists or bands with good singers as a front-man, she falls into the former and people seem to like it, I prefer the latter. Horses for courses.

Good luck to her though, she was really good tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »

everyone is entitled to have an opinion it's just bordering on obsessive & i'm not a troll :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Malkay wrote: »
    to be fair the OP's points are bizarre

Compared with some of the uber fans the OP is perfectly sensible. And did explain their view, you may not agree but they did explain their point.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member

Although I absolutely agree, I think it's such a poor show this year in terms of lack of talent, she's probably the best of a bad bunch. I think they have to hype one of them or end up admitting they are all rubbish.

True also about AI, even their worst contestants would, as you say, wipe the floor with her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    everyone is entitled to have an opinion it's just bordering on obsessive & i'm not a troll :o

oh get a grip - obsessive. Nonsense. It is a forum where the point is to debate and talk about things. Look through here, the whole forum is full of hyperbole and abuse. Compared with some the OP at least explains their views. That is not the deinition of trolling. Rather than be rude about people - if they offend you so much try using "ignore"