Coping DVD's to Nokia N95

sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
Forum Member
Hi

How do i transfer DVD files onto my Nokia N95? My films are avi.

Thanks

x

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    avi can be anything, avi is not a type of video it covers a multitude of things.

so you've say downloaded these films in divx from the internet????

i take it you're not asking how to copy a file to your phone but more how you convert your video file to something your phone can play???

so many ways:

easiest cnverter i found was something called 'any video converter' the free edition. download and install then select phone MP4, set the resolution to 320x240 and the bitrate to 512 (the maximum)

when it's done copy the file to your memory card. if it works like the n95 8GB if you put it in a folder called my videos then it will appear in the video center but not the gallery.

depending on how techie you are i use a programme called Super(c) to convert.
  • sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Yes you are correct. I assumed avi was a video file (not techie at all)

If i download the 'any video converter', do i still need the Super(c) to convert or are they just 2 ways of doing it? I will try it tonight!
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    They are just two ways of doing it. super c gives you more control, more options, but it will convert anything to anything and the interface is a bit, well, cumbersome, bad really.

any video converter is finethe bitrate is a bit low. but nonetheless, the results are stunning. one other thing i said res to 320x240, bitrate to 512. the other thing is the frames per second:

the vode will look best if you can set this to the same as your original video file. as a rule of thum if it an amercian dvd then set to 30fps, if it's uk then set to 25. to be certain you can use a programme called G-Spot. but either will do for now.

let me know how you get on.