The Chris appreciation thread

Comments

• mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mark likes Zoe that why he pick Chris, And I just read this from HL thread - Mark regrets nominating Chris and says that it was ‘stupid.’, I hope up he is next week and gone.>:(

I hope so too Mark I think is making mistakes which will cost him dear. Unfortunately the old hms don't know who is favorite with the public. They think that Mark is still in that position woe betide them ;-):)
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ValW wrote: »
    Well spotted! Mark was an easy target there because the less gullible housemates think "Mystic Mark" is a joke. I certainly don't remember him doing any of that stuff on Shipwrecked.

Anyway I've had my Eureka moment over Pav. The clue is in the last line of his VT: "Do I think I can win Big Brother? The truth is I've already won." By that I think he means that boasting about his psychology skills in that VT was all it took to plant the seeds of paranoia in everyone. He doesn't actually have to do anything shifty now. He can just sit back and let everyone's bad sides reveal themselves. That could well be why Chris can't get a handle on why Pav is making him uncomfortable. What he thinks he knows about his motives and what he's witnessing from him don't quite add up.

You could be right about Pav. We're bound to get a HM sooner or later who knows how easy it is for HMs to be seen negatively when they seem unpleasant to or about newcomers.

On the other hand, it could be that Pav's VT is just an exaggerated persona put on to help him be picked as a HM, rather than something aimed at making the HMs paranoid. Either way, though, it's poison that BB's allowed to enter the house via the comments of the evicted HMs.
  • ValWValW Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mitacond wrote: »
    I hope so too Mark I think is making mistakes which will cost him dear. Unfortunately the old hms don't know who is favorite with the public. They think that Mark is still in that position woe betide them ;-):)
    Well if the replies on the main forum to the new Compare The Housemates task are anything to go by, they'll be rethinking that theory in a couple of days. ;-) (Not that I like those public opinion tasks.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    On the other hand, it could be that Pav's VT is just an exaggerated persona put on to help him be picked as a HM, rather than something aimed at making the HMs paranoid. Either way, though, it's poison that BB's allowed to enter the house via the comments of the evicted HMs.
    I did think that he was just being an over-boastful divvy like many HMs are in their VTs. But as this was a VT aimed at the HMs not just the viewers I got the feeling those boasts were actually more provocative. You're right that the ex-HMs were the main problem though. Danielle (Pav & Zoe's victim), Biannca (loose cannon) and Matthew (forever bitter) - not exactly the voices of reasoned debate.
  • KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    Poor Chris is getting lambasted in the main forum. It'll pass. Ashleigh's been through worse and she's still standing. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always the same few people trotting out the same few insults. His votes in the Favourite & Least Favourite polls speak volumes as to what people really think about him. :)
  • ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone it's nasty out there tonight came in here to here some nice things about Chris he does not deserve so much negativity
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The forum is impossible to have a discussion on right now. It's just one of those night's where everyone is raging but not really engaging with each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After watching tonight's show I'm convinced that Pav really is trying to play games with them.

Don't get me wrong, I actually quite like Pav. But I don't buy the idea that he's innocent for a second.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    some absolutely wonderful comments to come back to here , which makes me feel a bit better.
    whether i was allowed to post or not i have been avoiding the BB thread all day , a certain group of posters are taking their dislike of chris to the extreme.
    i was loving getting involved with the show on all platforms but i have had enough now which is a real shame.
    What was alot of fun has been ruined yet they can carry on , some comments very nasty are allowed so no point arguing anymore.

Tough this week. Chris has a few non supporters i now have to say or dislikers but i dont think enough to put him to at risk. Pav is topping the tellymix poll & zoe the DS one. Really stuck.
    Mark is driving me crazy , regretting his vote. That vote is the reason Chris is up. But then again without it Christopher would also be up making things even more split so maybe its not so bad.

It is not fair though him leaving against newbies. Chris deserves better than that. He should go against originals if anything.
    Also his diary room rant about steven the other day was my fave diary room moment ever , wish i could have been here to mention it sooner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching tonight's show I'm convinced that Pav really is trying to play games with them.

Don't get me wrong, I actually quite like Pav. But I don't buy the idea that he's innocent for a second.

I'm inclined to agree.

BTW, this thread should be of interest to those who still support Chris:

[thread=1991341]Chris is doing exactly what everyone says they do, but they don't[/thread]
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Chris got a roasting on BBOTS tonight, which means its going to be doubly urgent to keep those votes coming for Zoe. That bl*ody one-eye singer, whatshername, was particularly vile about him. It would be a travesty, after all the sh*t he's been through from his 'friend' Jale and the likes that a newbie should walk in and rob him of his place.
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Mark likes Zoe that why he pick Chris, And I just read this from HL thread - Mark regrets nominating Chris and says that it was ‘stupid.’, I hope up he is next week and gone.>:(

He said " I think I've made a mistake".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm inclined to agree.

BTW, this thread should be of interest to those who still support Chris:

[thread=1991341]Chris is doing exactly what everyone says they do, but they don't[/thread]

I've tried to bring up a few things, but nobody is responding to me. Either people think I'm full of sh*t or there really is too much anger out there to actually speak with people.

I hope that some Chris fans will actually come onto this thread tomorrow because then I can test out my thoughts on here.
    But I am beginning to wonder if Chris fans actually exist or if this thread is mainly made up of posts by Ashleigh and Christoper supporters?:D:D

Obviously there are Chris fans on here, but they are very quiet. Which slightly concerns me.
  • KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    I posted the following on the Christopher Appreciation -- when I meant for it to go on here :blush: So bear with me to repeat what I wrote there:

I really don't think Chris's popularity will be permanently tarnished by all this. It's always just a few who climb on the band wagon and hammer, hammer, hammer. Most fans have their own mind and it's only those who don't already like Chris that are the most vocal on the forum. It's heated up right now but it will calm down. Look how much Ashleigh's been through--sometimes over the most trivial things. And she's still standing. And particularly if Pav is not evicted on Friday I think---like frequently happens---the other housemates will re-evaluate their presumptions. Let's wait and see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    Chris got a roasting on BBOTS tonight, which means its going to be doubly urgent to keep those votes coming for Zoe. That bl*ody one-eye singer, whatshername, was particularly vile about him. It would be a travesty, after all the sh*t he's been through from his 'friend' Jale and the likes that a newbie should walk in and rob him of his place.

Yes, it seems to be going by completely unnoticed that all the housemates nominated Pav and Zoe, with only Mark and Ash abstaining from nominating one of them.
    And for most of the reasons Chris gave.

Chris has brought something up with Pav. He didn't bully him, it was said in the nicest way possible, and they walked away on relatively friendly terms.
    And what 99% of people aren't mentioning is that Pav actually admitted to staring at Ashleigh. So Chris had grounds to say what he did. It wasn't made up nonsense that other housemates have come out with over the weeks. It was reason enough to think that it was due to Pav fancying Ashleigh. I think most people would think that, especially due to the paranoia fueled by the ex-housemates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KDDS07 wrote: »
    I posted the following on the Christopher Appreciation -- when I meant for it to go on here :blush: So bear with me to repeat what I wrote there:

I really don't think Chris's popularity will be permanently tarnished by all this. It's always just a few who climb on the band wagon and hammer, hammer, hammer. Most fans have their own mind and it's only those who don't already like Chris that are the most vocal on the forum. It's heated up right now but it will calm down. Look how much Ashleigh's been through--sometimes over the most trivial things. And she's still standing. And particularly if Pav is not evicted on Friday I think---like frequently happens---the other housemates will re-evaluate their presumptions. Let's wait and see.

I think you may be right about the forum, but there was an explosion of sympathy for Pav and dislike for Chris on Twitter; and it was much more one-sided that what's being said here.

A lot could depend on what's in the highlights over the next few days.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you may be right about the forum, but there was an explosion of sympathy for Pav and dislike for Chris on Twitter; and it was much more one-sided that what's being said here.

A lot could depend on what's in the highlights over the next few days.

Well I don't think it'll be a good show for Chris tomorrow

1) Pav got his letter
    2 Chris was seen in a vid with other discussing the contents of his letter
    3) Two tweets about Chris talking about Pav

12.18am: "It's not my place to be the jealous boyfriend," Chris says, re: warning Pav about Ashleigh.

12.44am: Chris has been talking about Pav for about half an hour. Pav has come to talk to him now. Awks.

All of which will be shown and yet nothing will be shown that will benefit Chris.

I said last week he would get a really bad edit this week
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I've tried to bring up a few things, but nobody is responding to me. Either people think I'm full of sh*t or there really is too much anger out there to actually speak with people.

I hope that some Chris fans will actually come onto this thread tomorrow because then I can test out my thoughts on here.
    But I am beginning to wonder if Chris fans actually exist or if this thread is mainly made up of posts by Ashleigh and Christoper supporters?:D:D

Obviously there are Chris fans on here, but they are very quiet. Which slightly concerns me.

Well i am probably the most prolific poster here pro chris - but i was banned for 2 days for having a go at the people being nasty about him. So i now have to tread on eggshells while certain posters including one on his 7th anti-chris thread carry on. So i have given up , i am only popping by on this thread , positive threads when they sporadically pop up now it is hate hate hate out there. & the whatm thread. I am behind 2 days on the BB videos. Haven't even watched todays BB yet. Totally gone off it. My summer has been wasted i feel but alas 2 weeks left may as well finish.

Now there is a #creepychris trending which is vile. People calling out helen for bullying , demanding a revoke of her pass are now doing similar with name calling because they are hiding behind their kepyboards. Hypocritical to say the least. Now alot of them love helen & forget the first few weeks happened while the reverse is happening for chris. People taking a tv show so seriously , laughable now.

I stood up for the forum at the start when people were called up for being fickle. Though i have changed opinion on a few. Toya , kim i went off after a week for example. But i have stood by chris all the way. Yet the rest of the forum & many on the facebook change their minds every week. Just friday people thought pav was boring now he is universally loved. Chris was being called forum fave & called a nice guy just a couple of weeks ago now for some reason he is hated. I just dont get it at all.
  • Cara-maeCara-mae Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness for this thread, I've stood by Chris from the start but it's the first time in here
    The frenzy on the main forum last night was horrific,
    It's the first time in all these years I wanted to cry for a h/m:(
  • CowieCowie Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ValW wrote: »
    Yes I'd love to see them in a situation where they're forced to air their differences.

They're imagined differences though IYKWIM I think had Pav been an original housemate they would have got along fine, and I think the new housemates arriving made Chris lose his happy place. Plus, he's bored witless.

Funny how you and I always seem to go for the same housemates each season.
  • CowieCowie Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cara-mae wrote: »
    Thank goodness for this thread, I've stood by Chris from the start but it's the first time in here
    The frenzy on the main forum last night was horrific,
    It's the first time in all these years I wanted to cry for a h/m:(

Luke A got it really bad last year, it was really vicious. And he won. Don't let that lot get you down, Chris has a very real chance.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

Yes, I agree with this, there must be something about him for Chris to take against him so much:confused:
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    Well i am probably the most prolific poster here pro chris - but i was banned for 2 days for having a go at the people being nasty about him. So i now have to tread on eggshells while certain posters including one on his 7th anti-chris thread carry on. So i have given up , i am only popping by on this thread , positive threads when they sporadically pop up now it is hate hate hate out there. & the whatm thread. I am behind 2 days on the BB videos. Haven't even watched todays BB yet. Totally gone off it. My summer has been wasted i feel but alas 2 weeks left may as well finish.

Now there is a #creepychris trending which is vile. People calling out helen for bullying , demanding a revoke of her pass are now doing similar with name calling because they are hiding behind their kepyboards. Hypocritical to say the least. Now alot of them love helen & forget the first few weeks happened while the reverse is happening for chris. People taking a tv show so seriously , laughable now.

I stood up for the forum at the start when people were called up for being fickle. Though i have changed opinion on a few. Toya , kim i went off after a week for example. But i have stood by chris all the way. Yet the rest of the forum & many on the facebook change their minds every week. Just friday people thought pav was boring now he is universally loved. Chris was being called forum fave & called a nice guy just a couple of weeks ago now for some reason he is hated. I just dont get it at all.

I wondered why you had got too:D

I am still supporting Chris and he is still my second favourite but I want to vote to evict Pav. It seems the logical thing to do.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which housemate are you all voting to evict on Friday? Chris really must stay this week.