Gay relationship advice

RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Olay so this is a really personal thing for me and I hope I'm not guna get trolls taking the piss outta me. From what I've seen on here everyone seems friendly anyway :)

I'm an 19 year old lad and came out as gay 2/3 years. I met this guy and we completely connected blah blah I don't want to bore you with the whole 'we fell in love' part aha but anyway, when we started going out he knew that I hadn't had gay sex before, and I was nervous and he said he'd wait for when I'm ready. Very gentlemanly........

..........9 months down the line however, he's getting frustrated.

I'm so terrified though. Like genuinely scared shitless and he understands that but understandably he needs sex. It's not as if like we haven't tried, we tried a couple of weeks into the relationship and I don't know how much detail I can go into without getting too crude but I didn't like it at all and it hurt too much

writing this post now while he's sleeping next to me just makes me want to cry. Will I feel like this forever?

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    understandably he needs sex.

No he doesn't. He may want it but he doesn't need it.

I dont think you will feel the way you do forever, it maybe just takes time to get to enjoy it.

I dont really know how much we can say on here with it being a family forum but have you tried building up ie starting small and getting used to the feel of having something inside you?

Plenty of lube goes without saying and taking it slow is important. Are you maybe a bit worried that because he hasnt had sex for 9 months he may go into it a bit hard and fast? I think if youre thinking about it a lot and thinking how much it will hurt you maybe will make it harder because you wont feel relaxed and will be tense.

Dont have too many expectations. Im female and the first time i had sex i was expecting it to be perfect. It hurt and was uncomfortable and took a few goes before it started to feel good.

The key is being able to communicate with your partner and tell him if maybe you want him to slow down or have a break etc.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was drunk first time I did it, it helped! It all takes time, take it slowly and use lots and lots and lots of lube. Honestly, if you think you're using enough Lube, you're not.

It's important that you feel comfortable with each other, too. If you're tense and nervous you wont be able to enjoy anything. Relax.

Also, plenty of gay relationships work without penetrative sex, there are other things you can do.

And as the other poster says, he doesn't need sex, he wants it. There is a difference. I want a Four week holiday in the Carribean but I don't need it.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    You sound like you are being bullied into sex. This is not a good sign. Most of us have experienced this at some point in our lives although it was usually when we were younger and not experienced in saying "no".

Communication is the main focus in a relationship. Ideally, I feel you should be more communicative as I can see a fair bit of hassle up ahead if you don't.

Discuss what you like and what you don't like with each other.

Gay men do not need to have anal sex to have a good sex life. In fact plenty of gay men go through life and never have it.

Fear and uptightness is a bad recipe for anal sex as you have to be relaxed and calm to enjoy it.

Gay fellas often have stories where they haven't felt comfortable having anal sex as either the guy is too big or he is too rough.

Some fellas won't use condoms and some will want to have dry sex. These are both recipes for disaster.

I would get some lube such as Eros as it feels really nice and a dildo. This way you can practice on your own to see if anal sex is for you or not. I would get a flexible one that looks as realistic as possible.

Trying out different positions also helps. We all have a position we prefer and which we feel more comfortable.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he made any suggestion of you being the one to penetrate him, or is he insistent that it is him that will be on top? Please don't let him push you into doing something just to please him. Different positions can also help if you are experiencing pain. I know a few folk (men and women) who prefer to be up on their knees with their chests down rather than lying on their back, and working up to it (even over a period of time) using fingers or dildos (you can buy a set specifically for this purpose online and remember to use way more lube than you think you need!). And DON'T RUSH! Maybe work it into a really nice all over massage to help you unwind.

Then again, some people just genuinely don't like it. I know I don't :D Whatever you choose OP, please let it be on your terms and good luck :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Are you indulging in other kinds of sex? Oral sex? Hand jobs? Rimming? I can understand the frustration if the two of you aren't doing ANYTHING, but anal sex is not the be all and end all.

I agree with others that as silly as it may sound, try it out on yourself! That way you'll find it much easier to relax and do it at your own pace. Perhaps starting small (fingers), and then going up will help. This will also help you gauge how much you genuinely do or don't like it, as it seems that your experience was ruined by the fact you were scared which is perhaps the worst thing that can happen in anal sex.

Like I said, if ultimately you find that you don't like it then it is really not the end of the world. It is something you will need to discuss with him but if he is the gentleman you describe, accommodating your preferences shouldn't be an issue :).
  • BK.BK. Posts: 1,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if you're in an adult relationship and you can't or are unwilling to satisfy your partner in the way in which they want to be satisfied, then the relationship is doomed from there, no offence.

Life is too short for him to be getting frustrated at not getting any, and for you to be scared/worried/whatever you're feeling about not giving him any.

Don't get me wrong - it is possible to be in a sexless relationship (apparently) - but that is based on the assumption that both people in it are in agreement over it, and are fine with it.

If he wants sex and you don't, then that doesn't sound like you're in agreement. In which case, I can't see this lasting for too much longer. It's up to you what you do with that knowledge, though.

Are you both willing to come to sort of compromise? Because if not, that's the end of it, surely.

(BTW, seriously. Try it. It's a million times worse in your head!)
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If penetrative sex is a deal-breaker for him and you never become comfortable with it then he's not the man for you.

Having said that, if he cares about you he will allow you to take things at your own pace and not to feel bounced into having anal sex unless or until you feel comfortable with it.

There is a lot you can do short of this - including him being the one at the receiving end if he's comfortable with that.

Not everyone enjoys it (male or female) - it's a very personal thing.

I would try to talk to him about it - explain your apprehensiveness but tell him you are open to trying it as long as he doesn't push the pace too much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he's a stict top and youve decided youre not a bottom its not really going to work if he's not happy with just oral.

If you want to try to become a bottom you can buy kits with 3 sized but plugs (they start really small). Theres also a spray you can buy called anal eze. :) He needs to be gentle and you might be better going on top so you can control it slowly. Theres no rush.
  • PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Olay so this is a really personal thing for me and I hope I'm not guna get trolls taking the piss outta me. From what I've seen on here everyone seems friendly anyway :)

I'm an 19 year old lad and came out as gay 2/3 years. I met this guy and we completely connected blah blah I don't want to bore you with the whole 'we fell in love' part aha but anyway, when we started going out he knew that I hadn't had gay sex before, and I was nervous and he said he'd wait for when I'm ready. Very gentlemanly........

..........9 months down the line however, he's getting frustrated.

I'm so terrified though. Like genuinely scared shitless and he understands that but understandably he needs sex. It's not as if like we haven't tried, we tried a couple of weeks into the relationship and I don't know how much detail I can go into without getting too crude but I didn't like it at all and it hurt too much

writing this post now while he's sleeping next to me just makes me want to cry. Will I feel like this forever?

To me, having to wait for 9 months to have sex with my boyfriend would be very frustrating. I'd probably start to feel as if I was being led on to be honest. That doesn't invalidate your "first time nerves" at all - but it is just how *I* would probably feel.

Have you and he spoken about this?

It also depends what you mean by "gay sex" as people tend to assume penetration. It's not everything, believe me! Discuss it with him:
    - Why does it worry you?
    - What are the things that frighten you about it?
    - Is it a concern about "power" or "control"?

If the relationship is to work then you and he need to discuss this and come to some understanding.

But ultimately you need to understand that while someone may have lots of patience, they are likely not going to wait around forever. Of course, if they don't then maybe he's not the one for you after all.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's just the pain part that is putting you off then maybe like others have said use a lubricant and experiment on your own until you are confident enough for the real thing, or try other sexual activities - penetration is overrated.
  • AshFanAshFan Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Hey, i think it's great you've found 'the one' so early on and that he's your first aswell, it is special and you are very lucky indeed. As for the sexual side, I wouldn't fear it so much. It can hurt a lot if done incorrectly and may put you off sex, but once you have done it correctly you'll see it's very enjoyable. Basically you need to go slow at first i'd recommend you being on top or on your side so you can guide it in yourself and go slow till it's in and once he's in pleasure yourself at the same time, and bobs your uncle :D