Talk Talk email settings

I've been with TalkTalk broadband for quite a while now and so far haven't had too many problems, but when I compose a message and wish to paste a picture in line there is no way of doing so. I click on 'paste' but nothing happens. I find this rather a nuisance as I don't always want to send photos as an attachment. I use Mozilla Thunderbird at work and there is an option for in line pasting so it can be seen upon opening the email. Does anyone know if/how I can change this please? :confused:

Comments

• evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    You cannot add a picture to the body of an email using TalkTalk Webmail. You'll have to set up an email account with another email provider. See this link from the TalkTalk Community: http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/My-email/How-do-I-insert-photos-etc-in-the-text-body-of-outgoing-emails/td-p/1072692
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Thanks, evil c. I do have other email accounts but with rather vague/weird names which wouldn't be such a good idea as I wanted to insert birthday invitations from someone (me) who the recipients would recognise! I've sent them as an attachment instead. :(
    Forum Member
    I use Live Mail 2011. You can add photos to the body no problemo via Insert single photo or photo album.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Yes, I have a live.com account but it has a very obscure name in front!! I suppose I could always open up another account with a simple name!
  • MigsterMigster Posts: 4,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    Yes, I have a live.com account but it has a very obscure name in front!! I suppose I could always open up another account with a simple name!

I think the previous poster was referring to Windows Live Mail which is an email client like Thunderbird, outlook, etc., rather than the live.com email service.
    Forum Member
    Yes. Windows Live Mail.