Dan Wootton-What's with him?

Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is he a professional ******** all the time? And does he work for Simon Cowell or something like that?

Comments

• AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perez Hilton UK version.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was supposed to have been very bitchy towards Katie Price sometime ago.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I follow him on Twitter. He seems a bit obsessed with being the "top dog" showbiz journalist. He's always tweeting to people from rival newspapers "that was MY story first, weeks ago" kind of thing.

He has his favourites too, no doubt. Seems obsessed on bringing Justin Bieber down yet blowing smoke up One Directions a*ses and loves anything to do with Simon Cowell or Cheryl Cole.

He also hates Lily Allen with a passion too, it was only today he ran a story about how he has announced that her comeback has "failed". I seem to have missed the part were he's the one that decides that. I mean Hasn't Lily had a #1 single and #1 album in the past 12 months?

I also read about how he ran a false/unfair story on Alexandra Burke's Bodyguard ticket sales, simply because she's no longer with his 'friends' PR company. I remember Steve Jones tweeting him last year saying something about how dirty he/his business was. There's definitely something seedy about him
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Wooton is a nasty individual IMO
    When he doesn't like someone he makes it his mission to "bring them down" in his way by tweeting and writing as much bad gossip about them as he can -nasty :(

I always remember when he said that his best day of his professional life was when Stephen Gately died and he got the first scoop -the man has no morals or ethics with that kind of thought >:(
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    When he doesn't like someone he makes it his mission to "bring them down" in his way by tweeting and writing as much bad gossip about them as he can -nasty :(

I always remember when he said that his best day of his professional life was when Stephen Gately died and he got the first scoop -the man has no morals or ethics with that kind of thought >:(
    Please tell me that is not true because that is disgusting. I know "reporters" live off other people's lives but that it taking it to a whole other low :(
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that I have been lucky (up to now) to have avoided this individual as when I saw this thread I hadn't a clue who he was. Having Googled him, I know I've avoided him because I don't read The Sun or watch any ITV daytime. I shall continue to avoid him. :D
  • Fiery PhoenixFiery Phoenix Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Sales wise, Lily Allen's comeback has flopped. Whilst her album hit number one it quickly disappeared out of the top ten, no dispute on that. Her singles have tanked as well.

Bodyguard closed due to poor ticket sales and Alexandra Burke's last singles also tanked.

When has stating facts been so wrong?
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's when he seemingly seems to enjoy the thrill of other peoples failure and upset, and seems like the kind of person who would push his own mother under the bus to get 'the latest scoop'
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member
    Sales wise, Lily Allen's comeback has flopped. Whilst her album hit number one it quickly disappeared out of the top ten, no dispute on that. Her singles have tanked as well.

Bodyguard closed due to poor ticket sales and Alexandra Burke's last singles also tanked.

Bodyguard had already announced it's closure before Burke joined the cast. Another show is due into the theatre so it can't be extended, it was nothing to do with her. It's going on tour instead.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

Even if he is stating facts, it's the way he goes about it, always very smugly & full of glee especially when it's negative about someone he doesn't like.

He appears to get fixated with certain people & has relentless digs at them & for some reason the majority of these people are female, then he does the opposite with others & has his head firmly up their backside.

The icing on the cake for me was, he was forever slating Peaches Geldof in a very nasty way but then had the audacity to go on TV & express his sadness when she passed away.

He's a nasty little man who believes he's far more important than he actually is.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a horrible, disgusting little man. I'd be here all day if I explained every single little reason for why I feel that way, but I'll have a go :

When One Direction were on the X Factor originally Dan took photos of them getting changed backstage and them uploaded them onto his Twitter for all to drool over, now can you imagine the outcry if 1D had been a girl group and someone had done that? It was was a really creepy and slightly sleazy thing to do.

His treatment of Nadine Coyle when she tried to launch her solo career was little short of bullying, and it all stemed from his obsession with Cheryl Cole, who's backside Dan's head is firmly imbedded in. In fact Cheryl seems to be the only women he is ever pleasant about, and he's often very miogynistic.

He was horrible about Dannii Minogue while she was on the X Factor as well, but is generally obsessed with anything to do with Simon Cowell. I think because Simon is such a powerful person within the UK entertainment industry Dan likes to brown nose him and it's comes across as pathetic. This was never more so than when he tweets saying that Strictly Come Dancing is for " old people" and then backtracked and got arsey saying he was joking when he got lots of stick from youngsters who watch the show.

When the News of the World closed down Dan decided to appont himself spokesperson for all of the journalists who worked there, and then when they left the newsroom for the very last time in front of the cameras he managed to be right at the front standing next to the editor, like he was someone really important and not just a lightweight showbiz gossip columnist.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but that's the general jist of it. I know the word "vile" us generally overused on this forum but it's the only word I can think of to adequately describe Dan Wootton.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    He is horrible! I never hear anything nice about him on here or on twitter.

His accent is the worst also (some kind of mix of Kiwi and fake UK)

One of those people who simply doesn't care about anyone but himself
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    He's a horrible, disgusting little man. I'd be here all day if I explained every single little reason for why I feel that way, but I'll have a go :

When One Direction were on the X Factor originally Dan took photos of them getting changed backstage and them uploaded them onto his Twitter for all to drool over, now can you imagine the outcry if 1D had been a girl group and someone had done that? It was was a really creepy and slightly sleazy thing to do.

His treatment of Nadine Coyle when she tried to launch her solo career was little short of bullying, and it all stemed from his obsession with Cheryl Cole, who's backside Dan's head is firmly imbedded in. In fact Cheryl seems to be the only women he is ever pleasant about, and he's often very miogynistic.

He was horrible about Dannii Minogue while she was on the X Factor as well, but is generally obsessed with anything to do with Simon Cowell. I think because Simon is such a powerful person within the UK entertainment industry Dan likes to brown nose him and it's comes across as pathetic. This was never more so than when he tweets saying that Strictly Come Dancing is for " old people" and then backtracked and got arsey saying he was joking when he got lots of stick from youngsters who watch the show.

When the News of the World closed down Dan decided to appont himself spokesperson for all of the journalists who worked there, and then when they left the newsroom for the very last time in front of the cameras he managed to be right at the front standing next to the editor, like he was someone really important and not just a lightweight showbiz gossip columnist.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but that's the general jist of it. I know the word "vile" us generally overused on this forum but it's the only word I can think of to adequately describe Dan Wootton.

Are you kidding me? He's obsessed with Dannii
    @danwootton 27 Apr 2012
    So Tom Bower has confirmed Simon Cowell is considering bringing back Dannii Minogue to The X Factor.AMAZING!Please come back @DanniiMinogue
    @danwootton Nov 23
    Oh Dannii. Oh Cheryl. Oh Simon. Please come back quickly! #XFactor
    @danwootton 19 Mar 2013
    Here's an idea - @itv2 should start screening Aussie X Factor now @DanniiMinogue and @ronanofficial both on the judging panel. I'd watch.
    @danwootton 19 Dec 2012
    I might actually start watching Britain's Next Top Model now @DanniiMinogue is the new judge. Great signing! HUGE loss to the X Factor too.
    @danwootton 24 Jun 2011
    Now I'm listening to Who Do You Love Now by @DanniiMinogue Tune! Can't she make a music comeback soon!?
    @danwootton 13 Dec 2012
    DW Awards 2012! Fashion Icon. Winner: @DanniiMinogue Runner-up: @victoriabeckham
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He doesn't seem to have a life away from celebs, they are all he has?...
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a thick, talentless, fat, sweaty, spiteful, obsequious, brown nosing, pointless, grotesque parody of journalism who makes Perez Hilton look like Jeremy Paxman.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen him on 'Lorraine' a few times and to me, he came across as rather repulsive because he oozed all fake & insincere, talking to Lorraine about certain celebs whom he professed to 'like'. >:(

Is he still on 'Lorraine'? I haven't seen him there lately since early this year.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a thick, talentless, fat, sweaty, spiteful, obsequious, brown nosing, pointless, grotesque parody of journalism who makes Perez Hilton look like Jeremy Paxman.

Now Pru, don't you dare hold back! ;-)
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    When he doesn't like someone he makes it his mission to "bring them down" in his way by tweeting and writing as much bad gossip about them as he can -nasty
    :(

Alexandra Burke is his latest target. She changed her PR manager who Dan happened to be friends with, since then Dan has reported a fake story about The Bodyguard theatre show (which Alex plays the lead role in) suffered from poor ticket sales which is not true at all.

Until that point he had only written nice things about her so I think he's a pretty nasty individual if he can just turn like that.
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He spent all his earnings on a hair transplant

Sadly he was on Lorraine very recently discussing Cheryl's shock marriage
  • Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And that's his good points Pru :D
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? He's obsessed with Dannii

Well he's changed his tune then, because he was always making nasty little digs at her at one time.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    He's always tweeting to people from rival newspapers "that was MY story first, weeks ago" kind of thing.

It annoys me in his page for The Sun on Sunday when he says stuff like "I was the first one to predict big things for [name of recently successful singer]" and "I was the one to first bring you news of his album". In addition, he writes about singers in overly-pally, a**e-licking ways like 'My mate Ed Sheeran has just released his fantastic new album...'. Then there are all the photos of him looking matey with the mentioned performers. Are we supposed to be really impressed by who he meets?

He also provides the most tedious excuse for showbiz news in his segment on Lorraine Kelly's show. Who gives a hoot about someone buying a new house?
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The question is Dan Wooton or Richard Arnold who is the best entertainment reporter out of the two
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    The question is Dan Wooton or Richard Arnold who is the best entertainment reporter out of the two
    A single cell amoeba has more talent and charisma than that gurning twerp Wootton.
  • GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Alexandra Burke is his latest target. She changed her PR manager who Dan happened to be friends with, since then Dan has reported a fake story about The Bodyguard theatre show (which Alex plays the lead role in) suffered from poor ticket sales which is not true at all.

Until that point he had only written nice things about her so I think he's a pretty nasty individual if he can just turn like that.

Alexander Burkes MOTHER actually contacted Steve Allen at LBC radio in London when he (Steve)correctly said that she had gone into The Bodyguard KNOWING it was closing
    and was there only for.a limited time
    Dan allegedly said that there were loads of empty seats ..NOT TRUE EITHER
    Several of Steve's listeners contacted him to say not only was Alexander great in the role but that the theatre was nearly full
    NOT a very nice man from what's on here is he ??
    I did also hear he was allegedly one of the reasons Tom Daley came out but in fairness should point out I never saw that in writing myself