Does Helen winning mean the end of BB for you?

StephyJWStephyJW Posts: 222
Forum Member
I personally won't be watching again anyway. I have loved and loathed the characters this year. It could have been great! but I just think there has been far too much manipulation from big brother. If Helen wins I put it down to that as well as the general voting public being gullible and dim. How people can have such short memories is beyond me. She hasn't changed. And in likelihood she will now never change because every person who has picked up the phone has made her behaviour acceptable.

I refuse to watch a show where they are willing to hand £100,000 to reward someone for being a potty mouthed, intimidating, aggressive bully and a vile person. Someone who walks around saying things like "I want to F*cking smash her f*cking face in" and is so childish she will sit saying "always in the right, always in the right" over and over rather than listen to someone else's side of an argument that she started. She wants to fight with everyone.

I've heard a few people on here say that if she wins they will be switching off for good! Will you?

Will you stop watching BB if Helen wins? 127 votes

I will be enraged and will vow to never watch anything channel 5 again!!!
10% 13 votes
I will never watch BB or Celeb BB again!!
19% 25 votes
I will never watch BB but will watch Celeb BB.
14% 19 votes
I say now that I will never watch it again but will probably cave in!
23% 30 votes
I will happily watch again next year.
31% 40 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    She has no chance of winning - the best she can hope for is final 3.
  • StephyJWStephyJW Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Go on Facebook/twitter. The support for Helen is huge. It's disturbing!
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be disappointed and a little angry perhaps but I will have forgotten about it by Sunday and I will definitely be watching the next one (if there is one). I really don't take it that seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, BB has manipulated the viewing audience... it is meant to be the house

Helen has nothing to do with that...

It they don't return live feed, I won't be watching it again.
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    No way would i allow Helen to destroy Big Brother for me, she holds no power in defining me or my experiences. If she won, i would express my unhappiness about it and would proclaim that regardless who technically won, that Christopher was indeed my winner and i will remember him as such. It's more about the journey than who wins for me, anyway.

Luke-A won, and i thought he was nasty... Jim Davidson as well, Nadia, Brian Belo, Josie, Ulrika, Denise Welch... all HGs i disliked immensely and feel are terrible winners. Helen would simply be added to that list. It would have little effect on my love for Big Brother and i'd quite happily watch the next Season.
  • Sandie_BrowneSandie_Browne Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't envisage Helen winning. So I'm quite looking forward to the next BB.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Helen won, I would have lost faith in the voting public for being so guiliable & sucked in by BB's & BOTS propaganda

& the thought of Steven's smug face wants me to vomit
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    Happy and watch again next year.
  • PattfrancePattfrance Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    I agree with Rachel Christopher would be a great winner and that the journey is probably the most important experience to be part of. However this has been marred by BB interference. Firstly there should not have been a pass to the final.. Secondly BB selection of clips for the viewers to see which gives a totally un real view of the goings on in the house. With BB choosing, it becomes subjective and bias creeps in. Thirdly the twists and turns this year have obviously come about to adhere to some hidden agenda.
    To cap it all the la
  • boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought this year has been entertaining and tbh Helen has had a lot to do with it...
  • PattfrancePattfrance Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    I agree with Rachel Christopher would be a great winner and that the journey is probably the most important experience to be part of. However this has been marred by BB interference. Firstly there should not have been a pass to the final.. Secondly BB selection of clips for the viewers to see which gives a totally un real view of the goings on in the house. With BB choosing, it becomes subjective and bias creeps in. Thirdly the twists and turns this year have obviously come about to adhere to some hidden agenda.
    To cap it all the last night, which I am sure most of the finalists were looking forward to, is now marred by the evictees returning. Why should they be there? Helen is a finalist, it is nothing to with her that many viewers do not want to watch BB anymore. It is because of the chaos caused by the producers of BB . A complete overhaul is needed, and please read all the viewers comments and learn from them what is needed.. It is their show as well.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be disappointed but if the quad eviction or Conor winning 50k didn't completely kill my enthusiasm for the show then I doubt Helen winning would.
  • StephyJWStephyJW Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Skyrah wrote: »
    If Helen won, I would have lost faith in the voting public for being so guiliable & sucked in by BB's & BOTS propaganda

& the thought of Steven's smug face wants me to vomit

Agree completely! Remember people.... A vote for Helen is a vote for Steven's smug face!!!!
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Helen will win and deservedly so, and I look forward to viewing future BBs and CBBs.

I hope that the sort of people who dislike Helen will stop watching BB and CBB, so that DS isn't cluttered with their pathetic, whinging posts about how unfair BB is being to their particular favourite housemates.

Seriously, it's a TV gameshow. I will have forgotten all their names a week after it finishes.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Part of the appeal of BB is witnessing the manipulation of the viewers and trying to learn from it so as to immunise myself as far as possible.
  • OMGWTFLOLOMGWTFLOL Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    StephyJW wrote: »
    I personally won't be watching again anyway. I have loved and loathed the characters this year. It could have been great! but I just think there has been far too much manipulation from big brother.

This.

Plus I've spent far too much of my summer, with perfect weather, cooped up indoors watching despicable and miserable human beings like Helen, Pauline, Toya, Steven, Ashleigh and others, masquerading as entertainment.

I've enjoyed BOTS for the most part though, and will miss it. Love Emma, Rylan and Louisa, but I will not miss the insipid Ian Lee and I will certainly not miss the BORING "psycho analysts" spewing their idiotic psychobabble brain farts. I'm talking to YOU Dr. Pam Spurr, Judi James, et al.

It's been a slice. Chris for the win!
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be a laugh.

There have been worse winners and I came back.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will still watch Big Brother, but I really don't think Helen deserves to win. The fact she's breezed through the whole series with immunity is an absolute travesty. The housemates think Pav was the least deserved finalist because he has been there 4 weeks, however I'd say Helen is the least deserved. Pav has had to fight for his place in the house while Helen was given hers.

I'd have no qualms in seeing Helen come 2nd though because I think a Helen v Ashleigh showdown with Ashleigh winning would be the cherry on the cake for me
  • Kopite1763Kopite1763 Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    abarthman wrote: »
    Helen will win and deservedly so, and I look forward to viewing future BBs and CBBs.

I hope that the sort of people who dislike Helen will stop watching BB and CBB, so that DS isn't cluttered with their pathetic, whinging posts about how unfair BB is being to their particular favourite housemates.

Seriously, it's a TV gameshow. I will have forgotten all their names a week after it finishes.

Out of interest, why do you think Helen deserves to win?

Do you condone her behaviour?

I just think Helen has been, to put it mildly, a not very nice person in the house. For her to win, would mean her behaviour is seen to be acceptable.
    Isn't it sending out a wrong message to younger viewers, that you can belittle, argue and name call, yet be deemed a worthy winner?
    Sorry, not in my book. She neither deserves to win or should win imo :)
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    I will still watch Big Brother, but I really don't think Helen deserves to win. The fact she's breezed through the whole series with immunity is an absolute travesty. The housemates think Pav was the least deserved finalist because he has been there 4 weeks, however I'd say Helen is the least deserved. Pav has had to fight for his place in the house while Helen was given hers.

I'd have no qualms in seeing Helen come 2nd though because I think a Helen v Ashleigh showdown with Ashleigh winning would be the cherry on the cake for me

Yes. I would have to say the golden pass is my main reason for being disappointed if she wins.
    It does make me wonder if the people who are voting for her voted to evict Toya and Pauline. I was all for Toya staying. Not that I would have voted for either of them if they made it to the final but I don't care if people vote for whoever they felt made the show enjoyable for them to watch.

As for watching the next one I am with the other poster who said it sucks up time that could be spent outdoors. I will sacrifice the sunshine if it looks good but I think if I see anymore golden passes, showing peoples diary room chats, telling people they are immune when they aren't scenarios then I will drop out.
    I felt there were too many devious twists that were set up strictly to generate bad feelings.

I am pulling for a Christopher win.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe 3 people voted for I will be enraged and will vow to never watch anything channel 5 again!!! :D

It's just a tv show, folks!
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it by the way this poll has been compiled that you don't want Helen to win.
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 11,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never vote..if she wins it will be very depressing but I understand the voters on finals are tuning in for the first time, and have no clue how vile she has been before BB reined her her in with a billion last warnings
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a BB fan, but as to watching next year........will it be BB or yet another farce like this year.........wait and see I suppose........